Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

3 minutes ago, Artorias36 said:

It depends if other critters can produce metals. In that case is not just viable but also op, since hydrogen can also generate power.

Yeah, I've been intentionally avoiding expansion spoilers so I can go in fresh, but that critter alone actually has me excited, adds a lot of unique potential even if it's difficult to properly use. :D Mind you, I've also done several "green" challenges lately where the only power I use through the entire game is hamster wheel and steam turbines (no burning of any fuel, including Hydrogen, and no algae consumers for oxygen, oxyferns only pretty much), which means any new "natural" source of power makes me think of new possibilities for that build, hahaha.

6 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

The diet thing renders this a non-viable. No. Just no. It is, and never will be worth it.

At some point you don't need more ore as I think nothing else consumes metal continuously as an upkeep cost, meanwhile I can imagine wanting more hydrogen either for power or for rockets.

10 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

The diet thing renders this a non-viable. No. Just no. It is, and never will be worth it.

With average volcano you I think you can feed 3-4 of them and starve-ranch the power and Hydrogen. Quite viable IMHO.

Just now, JoeW said:

The first 700 players to register have been added in total and emails have been sent to those that have been added. 

My boyfriend registered 15 minutes after me and he got in :( Did you add some randoms to the mix, or did I get cheated by timestamp somehow..?

Just now, Cairath said:

My boyfriend registered 15 minutes after me and he got in :( Did you add some randoms to the mix, or did I get cheated by timestamp somehow..?

Yeah, I figured I registered pretty quickly too, though I guess people are faster on the draw than I expected. :p

13 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We just added the first 600 players to register that haven't already been chosen and emails have been sent to those that have been added. 

verify that it was indeed the first 600?? I and many others had signed up long before there were even any replies to the announcement....meaning that hundreds of people had signed up before there were any replies??!! it's possible but it baffles me

Hello thank you for giving me a chance to test the alpha DLC thank you
after 2 reinstallation the game and launch :

1 - the mod I had forgotten
2 - the beta of the cloud which makes sure that the game does not launch

thank you again i will test all this thank you

I'm at odds with myself.  Part of me wants to participate in the EA period so I can offer feedback, as I did in the base game.  The other part of me wants to eschew the EA period so I can have a fresh experience when the full DLC is finally released.  What to do?  What to do?

1 minute ago, goboking said:

I'm at odds with myself.  Part of me wants to participate in the EA period so I can offer feedback, as I did in the base game.  The other part of me wants to eschew the EA period so I can have a fresh experience when the full DLC is finally released.  What to do?  What to do?

As far i understand we get everything in the EA... It's only alpha that has limited content DLC wise..

Archived