Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

The point is that we want to get "tons of bugs" out of the game before people buy it. =) 

Bugs are going to exist in Early Access - but the point of this type of testing is that we can feel more confident that we're on the right track. That the game feels good to people and we have a clear path through Early Access. 

One thing we do a bit different is that we like to go INTO early access with the game feeling worth the price you pay for it at that time and then it only gets better from there.

There will be more, yes. Although I don't have an ETA until we start seeing feedback from our current group. 

I know ! Your games are always very well polished. I was just stressing out how much i'd love to play this :)

1 hour ago, BoolAidMan said:

EPIC SAUCE: I logged into steam after work and saw Oxygen Not Included: Expansion1 in my library

I am now saying farewell to the rest of my free time

Wait are you saying....there will be an expansion 2 ? :yaypigs:

1 hour ago, Artorias36 said:

337bcc3dec.png

I was so happy i got accepted but i am stuck into this. Any solution?

you need to switch to the 'live version.  not the  preview experimental branch.  the DLC automatically loads.

I had that problem too, and realized i need to get out of   public_test.

starts gnawing limbs off

So erm...what can I do to get in on this content?  I'm not above bribery, I'll hear your offer.  And if you need to threaten me, I can take it.

Or you could just give it to me 'cause I'm cute.  Or because I've got over 1900 hours played. 

Look, whatever reason you wanna give me access to this, I'll take it you monsters.

2 hours ago, Zinnie said:

I've got Accepted as my status for the alpha yet I don't see anything in my steam library. @BoolAidMan Any tips?

1. Make sure your game is set to release version, not public_testing
2. The dlc should show up as Expansion1 in the DLC section of ONI on your steam library, as seen in the bottom-right of this image
image.thumb.png.cd33fb9facd4d63ac86fbc5512349fc6.pngar

8 hours ago, babba said:

We are glad to help Klei and to post 20 crashes per minute hour :adoration:

When your hoping for the invite, but Steam sends you this

image.png.7b43618b343596ed9be03039473bf520.png

Going in to cryo sleep, hopefully more luck tomorrow...

Just got an invite. No idea whether I will be able to make that 20 crash requirement. Will try my best.

9 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

wwwww.PNG.3fb09dd8849008c8f7b0d1e3946cfa

The diet thing renders this a non-viable. No. Just no. It is, and never will be worth it.

This is viable. Copper ore and gold amalgam literally fall from the sky. In my last play through I have abundant and growing amounts of copper ore. This would make a nice and constant source of power from meteor showers, I like this.

• Developer
2 hours ago, LiveActionPixel said:

Been really impressed with this so far!
Got a few notes I'd love to give as feedback (positive and negative) that aren't really on the bug side - is there a specific place you'd like us to post?

There's a dedicated forum section here @LiveActionPixel

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/251-oxygen-not-included-spaced-out-general-discussion/

So does having multiple colonies mean that additional multi-threading support has been thrown into the game?

I.e. the simulation for each separate colony runs on its own thread? If so, that would be a huge boost for performance. Curious to see/hear if the way you guys implemented multiple colonies might end up being a performance enhancement in disguise.

3 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

you need to switch to the 'live version.  not the  preview experimental branch.  the DLC automatically loads.

I had that problem too, and realized i need to get out of   public_test.

Oh, okay. That was confusing. The devs should state that out.

38 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Oh, okay. That was confusing. The devs should state that out.

I put it on the main post. 
Thing is, we can't just get rid of the preview branch or people lose their cloud saves on that version. 

May I have access to the Alpha, I`m dying ? :confused:

image.png.c4f5dd03b2bfd9481e7f97b7947d0877.png

Have fun Gurgel !

You are so lucky :)

We cant play our old colonies after dlc anymore and I cant play the Alpha, so no more Oni for me :cry: Doesn`t make sense right now to play anymore, I`m stuck in between the old and the new game.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Just got an invite. No idea whether I will be able to make that 20 crash requirement. Will try my best.

Same here, its sad. It would have been nice if any ONi poster with more than 200 forum posts or 500 hours ONi steam game time would have been automatically invited with a big warning "Game is crashy, beware". Playing on the old colony would we a waste of time, as it probably will not work with dlc. Im waiting since 2 days for access, I have 2500 hours ONi on the steam clock.

55 minutes ago, babba said:

Same here, its sad. It would have been nice if any ONi poster with more than 200 forum posts or 500 hours ONi steam game time would have been automatically invited with a big warning "Game is crashy, beware". Playing on the old colony would we a waste of time, as it probably will not work with dlc. Im waiting since 2 days for access, I have 2500 hours ONi on the steam clock.

I've been lurking this forum for ages, sadly just missed the announcement because i thought to take a day off from obsessively refreshing everything. just now made an account and registered...

but... it reads that the alpha will be available on steam for 3 weeks. that gives me hope that the release will be quickly after!

9 minutes ago, babba said:

Yeah,hopefully fully there in a ~month. :p We are so thirsty because we have been waiting so long for new game content from Klei.

well, gives me more time to learn some coding skills for kicks and fun

Archived