Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

Klei has kindly reached out to me and I asked them if they can clarify the situation with current vanilla savegames trying to be loaded by players in ~1 month at the full dlc launch. Also some players are wondering and posting bugs that base game content is missing in the dlc alpha, I also pointed this game content player confusion out to Klei.

BTW they let me in, thanks for taking care @JoeW :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Just now, babba said:

Klei has kindly reached out to me and I asked them if they can clarify the situation with current vanilla savegames trying to be loaded by players in ~1 month at the full dlc launch. Also some players are wondering and posting bugs that base game content is missing in the dlc alpha, I also pointed this game content player confusion out to Klei.

BTW they let me in, thanks for taking care @JoeW :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

That was a coincidence, I didn't know what your account info was before you got in. =)
Regarding save games. There is no real way I am going to be able to say anything about your ability to use those savegames, too many unknowns at the moment to make that kind of promise. 

19 minutes ago, Saiman said:

@JoeW
Can you tell me if they will still give access to the beta test? Is there any hope?))

16 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

I would like to know also. any hope ? 

From the FAQ on the main post:

How many people will be selected?

We will add batches of players into the alpha periodically until the test is over.

So definitely still hope for getting in!

21 minutes ago, babba said:

Im pretty sure all you guys will soon be accepted, they are rolling out the invites in stages.

:afro:

Not really, the chance to get accepted will only be dropping. The number of invites will be greatly lower than number of applications. Number of applications will continue to rise (especially over the weekend), and invites will be rarer (mainly to restore testers pool). The largest chance to get invited was in the second wave. So if someone hasn't gotten in yet, the chances they will get invite at any point are very slim. No point getting hopes up.

There is no restoring of tester pools, Klei just pumps out invites in waves and thats it, no magic. Stay motivated guys, you soon can help posting your game crashes :boxing: May take a few days, just remain patient. Wishing a nice weekend.

The process has just started, you have good chances. If you dont get in, you can visit me on Arboria :black_eyed:

There is no multiplayer, no servers I don't see any logic to prevent having some statistics on the initial income and their audience for this game on the entire player base. Probably this won't even be the last DLC or big update if they get big numbers next month. 

Since is 3 weeks I think its fair to give everything in 2 weeks and stop giving on the last week, no point getting alpha access one/two day(s) before of the release.

Maybe they give in waves because they don't wanna get flooded with same duplicate bugs posts, and in-game bug reports, as they are gonna shieve out the most important bugs they are gonna increase the drop rate.

I am that optimistic guy.

FWIW one of many opinions, but I prefer the new system, small worlds, many worlds. Huge old maps don't need to return. I feel the new style will avoid in a huge way the old mid-game hump, and that weird feeling of waiting while you bridged early to late game.

Really really pleased.

i look forward to the game having multiple worlds once it gets more variations and traits.  i do hope they still have some asteroids/planets that are just there for a quick resource.  like resources but you dont colonize the place.  maybe time sensitive?

47 minutes ago, spkthed said:

FWIW one of many opinions, but I prefer the new system, small worlds, many worlds. Huge old maps don't need to return. I feel the new style will avoid in a huge way the old mid-game hump, and that weird feeling of waiting while you bridged early to late game.

Really really pleased.

The nice thing is that Klei has always left it easy for players to modify - If desired one can edit the world sizes with a simple text editor in the files.

The even have small 64x64, 32x32 cell stuff in there. Good for a fast experience for everyone.

Years ago I started playing 3072x3072 ( 9437184 cells ), that got choppy pretty fast :black_eyed:

image.thumb.png.4b805770c73cef97caf7e688492e93d6.png

I started playing the alpha for a few minutes and already reached the top on this default planet with the starting dupes. It will be like munching away asteroids, like a bulldozer slashing through the galaxy. Yummy !

The small sizes are also great for beginners, it will not be so tedious anymore to get something achieved in combo with the sweetle rockets. :lol: Playing a map used to feel like opening the bible, now its fast flipping through the mad magazine.

A lot of base game content is missing for the testing phase, I think I`ll really be back in a month on full launch. 10 minutes was enough for me, looking forward to play the full content again then with long term compatible save files. Can`t wait for the full release date :angel:

Yeah, i am in! 
I think new multi-colony system may be annoying due to switches between them. Now dups will be suiciding in double amount.
New rocketry looking meh, i really wait a radiation stuff and other late-game content. In general multi-colony system just a tool, and not matter: all my factory will be placed in single colony or couples. Otherside new production chains, new energy and resource consumers, new features... i really wait this and hope klei make it strong.

1 hour ago, InvisiblePaw said:

multi-colony system may be annoying due to switches between them

I figured out that the best thing to do is make the second colony as a hub for new dupes before sending them to the original colony. Gives them a fresher before exploring other planets.  I'm loving the warp feature though. It makes me explore without having to build a spaceship.

Archived