Oxygen Not Included DLC Public Alpha Test!

OH MY GOD. Bye my friends, bye my family

2 hours ago, AddTheJuice98 said:

Have question, can i stream this DLC on twitch?

please, just no spoilers )

35 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

How this work? , i already sing in and register for the alpha ... i have to do anything else ? it will pop up in my games library ? i have to wait ? 

It's basically a lottery. You may not be selected

We just granted the first 100 players access! This first small wave is intended to let us know if there are any major issues we need to address before adding more people. I don't anticipate that we will add more people until tomorrow. 

Players that have been accepted will need update the game in Steam using the same Steam account you used to apply for Alpha. If you aren't seeing it show up, close Steam completely and log back in. 

Check the Alpha page here for your status: https://accounts.klei.com/account/betas 

We're having an issue sending out invites via email right now, so watch this thread for updates. 

How fast someone can press F5 ? 

12 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We just granted the first 100 players access! This first small wave is intended to let us know if there are any major issues we need to address before adding more people. I don't anticipate that we will add more people until tomorrow. 

Players that have been accepted will need update the game in Steam using the same Steam account you used to apply for Alpha. If you aren't seeing it show up, close Steam completely and log back in. 

Check the Alpha page here for your status: https://accounts.klei.com/account/betas 

We're having an issue sending out invites via email right now, so watch this thread for updates. 

Question, if got selected and i have linux , the alpha version will be popped up as a windows game and can i play in proton ? 

11 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

How fast someone can press F5 ? 

Question, if got selected and i have linux , the alpha version will be popped up as a windows game and can i play in proton ? 

Linux is not supported at this time. 

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

People fast on the trigger, I guess.

The first 100 people were selected randomly from the people that have signed up today.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Sebastiangperez said:

How this work? , i already sing in and register for the alpha ... i have to do anything else ? it will pop up in my games library ? i have to wait ? 

It just magically appears in your steam library (as it already has for the first 100 selected).

That said it's REALLY not obvious, so we're working on fixing those emails for those who were picked. If your oxygen not included suddenly has a DLC and wants to update itself, check it out. For the first batch I selected from some pretty early applicants so your chances are good (like 10% good, not 50% good) if you made it in during this time period. If you didn't, no worries, we'll keep adding new batches of people as the days go by.

12 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

I mean, nobody can stop you but I think the team is going to be slammed with bugs at first and would prefer not to see proton-related ones they can't reproduce in the mix. As a linux user I do hope they get that build fixed though.

3 minutes ago, nome said:

It just magically appears in your steam library (as it already has for the first 100 selected).

That said it's REALLY not obvious, so we're working on fixing those emails for those who were picked. If your oxygen not included suddenly has a DLC and wants to update itself, check it out. For the first batch I selected from some pretty early applicants so your chances are good (like 10% good, not 50% good) if you made it in during this time period. If you didn't, no worries, we'll keep adding new batches of people as the days go by.

I mean, nobody can stop you but I think the team is going to be slammed with bugs at first and would prefer not to see proton-related ones they can't reproduce in the mix. As a linux user I do hope they get that build fixed though.

Ok, no problem, if i have luck , i will get the invitation. 

Archived