[Game Update] - 428553

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a bug that allowed character specific items to be crafted by other characters after using the Florid Postern.

There was such bug? So I missed one of the most beautiful bugs in game... but I can imagine how annoying it could be on pubs. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 1

17 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

So now you're calling it an exploit, not a bug. Few years ago, there was no option in preferences to disable this annoying movement prediction - so you had to disable it via console command. Does that mean it was an exploit too?

Oh, I'm sorry, I just thought I'd start using the term you gave it yourself. 

31 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Yes, I'm seriously asking people to use server mods to avoid exploits present in game code itself they personally don't like.

But let's go back to this point you made:

31 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

How exactly do you distinguish between bugs and features?

Look at this

• Fixed a bug that allowed character specific items to be crafted by other characters after using the Florid Postern.

That says bug, buddy. Doesn't look like much of a feature to me.

No matter what your backwards logic tells you, the developers themselves considered it a bug. So they fixed it.

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:
28 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

So now you're calling it an exploit, not a bug. Few years ago, there was no option in preferences to disable this annoying movement prediction - so you had to disable it via console command. Does that mean it was an exploit too?

Oh, I'm sorry, I just thought I'd start using the term you gave it yourself. 

43 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Yes, I'm seriously asking people to use server mods to avoid exploits present in game code itself they personally don't like.

I thought you were the one who mentioned exploits first in the conversation. Are you being that kind to transfer first mover rights to me just to make half of your comment look reasonable?

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

Are you seriously asking for people to get a server mod incase other people are using mods and exploiting the game?

16 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

But let's go back to this point you made:

47 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

How exactly do you distinguish between bugs and features?

Look at this

• Fixed a bug that allowed character specific items to be crafted by other characters after using the Florid Postern.

That says bug, buddy. Doesn't look like much of a feature to me.

No matter what your backwards logic tells you, the developers themselves considered it a bug. So they fixed it.

So now that you're out of arguments to support your "own" opinion, you appeal to a superior one. Makes sense.

The characters specific items bug was a gamebreaking exploit and it had to go. And everyone that has played with me knows very well I'm a big fan of exploits and doing silly things in the game.

Maybe the lua geniuses that discovered it had fun with that bug for a while, and while only 10-15 players could do it, kept it as a secret and didn't use it to bother other players experience on public servers it was okay. 
But it was quickly becoming popular, meaning that it was only a matter of months (or weeks) before public servers were slowly falling into the chaos of people having all characters into one.

That is not fun anymore.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 9
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

Fixing bugs is not as easy as knowing they are there, and it seems resources were put into getting reinforcement into that effort.

Discovering new bugs and the source which causes them is easy at least for me, perhaps because I was born with these abilities (e.g. No-Collision-Wortox which I found on 28th september 2019 was just a single missing line in Klei's code, allowing you to loose your hitbox). When I found my first bugs in this game I started to report them, hoping that the developers fixed them in the next update. But later on I realized that the developers don't care at all about fixing bugs, except certain bugs which cause the game to crash or very fresh bugs. Since there was no reason to put effort on something which is going to end up being ignored by the developers I just stopped reporting bugs in the bugtracker and started to entertain myself and my friends by sharing bugs with them.

Ok am I insane or since the new update is anyone else hearing strange sounds in random areas? by birch trees it seems for me, it is quiet but it sounds like lunar island ambiance. Have not tested it on other servers yet, was playing on vanilla glow, have client mods but they have never done this and shouldnt. i was playing as wormwood, i will report this if i find it in other servers too, ill test it out, but anyone else have this happen to them sicne this update?

• Wavey 8
  • Shopcat 1

3 hours ago, Lbphero said:

i dont understand, winter has day times too, why would them being able to produce during dusk matter?

Before, unloaded bee boxes had a timer that'd count down to 0 and produce a honey. But when they hit dusk/night that timer would reset completely which would mean unloaded bee boxes would never ever make honey except in summer where the days are long enough.

• Thanks 10

2 hours ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Ok am I insane or since the new update is anyone else hearing strange sounds in random areas? by birch trees it seems for me, it is quiet but it sounds like lunar island ambiance. Have not tested it on other servers yet, was playing on vanilla glow, have client mods but they have never done this and shouldnt. i was playing as wormwood, i will report this if i find it in other servers too, ill test it out, but anyone else have this happen to them sicne this update?

i would say i have been but i have hearing problems normally so that might just be me x''D

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Hotfix 428553 was pushed to fix the crash in the harvester component

Hi. Could you guys pls reconsider reversing the smoldering property from stingers? It will cause all sorts of fire hazard problems around bee hives which are a non renewable resource. I think the feature before was pretty on point with the "only torch" requirement. 

• Like 12
  • Sad Dupe 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I'm confused with this one. What did bee boxes do prior to the hotfix?

Please someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Basically Bee Boxes were glitched so that they would NEVER produce honey if they weren't loaded(loaded meaning a player is standing close enough to it to have it loaded). 

The way it was intended is that say if you went in the caves for a long time and came out, your bee boxes should have produced honey even though you weren't standing there to let the bees fly out and pollinate the flowers. It was glitched and this never happened, and this patch finally fixed it? I really hope that's what I'm reading here. Now I can start farming bees for poultices easily again instead of just using healing salves.

Edited by cropo
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, cropo said:

Basically Bee Boxes were glitched so that they would NEVER produce honey if they weren't loaded(loaded meaning a player is standing close enough to it to have it loaded). 

Yeah I always noticed that. I'd usually have someone just stand by the bee boxes for the last couple days of Autumn just to get as much honey for Winter. I really hope that you are correct because that would be awesome

6 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Does this mean you can place bee boxes really far away from base and they will still produce honey? 

So from what I understand from Hornetes post above

When loaded, bees polinate flowers over time and return to the beehive, so honey is produced rather quickly this way.  I think when the box is far, far away it instead goes on a simple timer where during the day a timer counts down to 0, and then produces a single honey and starts the timer again.

There was a glitch where this timer would reset on dusk/night, so realistically there was no way for an unloaded honey box to actually produce honey because the daytime counter would go down, then hit dusk, reset the counter, and then once it got to day again start counting down but reset on dusk instead of pausing like it was supposed to. Now the counter won't reset during dusk/night anymore and will simply pause and honey can be produced over time again.

So finally we can indeed get honey without having to babysit our bee boxes now!

• Like 1

Basically, before the patch, unloaded bee boxes needed 300 seconds of uninterrupted daytime to produce 1 honey. Naturally, that could only happen during summer, as no other season had days that were that long. 

After the patch, they can accumulate those 300 seconds of daytime across multiple days, so they will produce honey all year round, albeit at a slower rate than summer's 1 honey per day. Which means you can get a few stacks of the stuff with just a single harvest every 10 or so days tops.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4