shadowDigga    782
1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Stingers will now correctly spread fire.

It makes even less sense now - not only stingers are somehow burnable, but they also can propagate fire to other stuff for incredible firechain reactions. Was this really necessary?

Fixed a bug that allowed character specific items to be crafted by other characters after using the Florid Postern.

Rest in peace. It was fun while it lasted, too bad some people prefer to ruin things they personally don't use so others can't use them as well.

Edited by shadowDigga
  • Haha 2

HobbyLev    920
  • Fixed a beard layering issue with Wilson’s Pigsbury Mask skin.
Looks really cool!!! Many thanks! <3
  • Health 1

Blue Moth    2536

i kinda wish that you could craft things specific to other characters in creative mode, but for main gameplay it is good that you fixed it

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

shadowDigga    782
4 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

If you want to make a mod that enables universal character crafting then make a server mod that does that and put it on your own games. Personally I don't want Wes's running around my server crafting catapults, battle helms, and Bernie's. Not unless I enable the mod myself. This was a game-breaking bug and I'm glad it got fixed.

If you want people to be unable to use certain features, make that a server mod and put on your own server.

shadowDigga    782
12 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

It *wasn't* a feature. The fact that they patched it out shows it wasn't intentional.

How exactly do you distinguish between bugs and features? The way it was coded it allowed crafting character-specific items even after changing back. There was no typo in the code that allowed to bypass the check.

12 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

You had to use a mod to get it to work anyway. That is by no definition a feature. Are you seriously asking for people to get a server mod incase other people are using mods and exploiting the game?

Client-side mods don't allow functionality which isn't part of the game already. They just make it more convenient for clients. That's what the mod did - if you wanted, you could have achieved the same with console commands only.

Yes, I'm seriously asking people to use server mods to avoid exploits present in game code itself they personally don't like.

Edited by shadowDigga
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

shadowDigga    782
1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

Maybe the fact that you have to use console commands and mods to take advantage of it kind of point towards the fact that it was an exploit.

So now you're calling it an exploit, not a bug. Few years ago, there was no option in preferences to disable this annoying movement prediction - so you had to disable it via console command. Does that mean it was an exploit too?

3 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

You can make frogs ten times the size of the screen and purple with the console, but I think people would get upset if I started doing that in their servers without permission.

Does that affect everyone's experience on the server even if you don't have admin rights? Can you teach me how to do that?

• Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1