[Game Update] - 428553

22 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Hi. Could you guys pls reconsider reversing the smoldering property from stingers? It will cause all sorts of fire hazard problems around bee hives which are a non renewable resource. I think the feature before was pretty on point with the "only torch" requirement. 

I'm genuinely confused as to why people are regarding stingers as somehow different from literally any other item in the game that can smoulder. If it's such an issue build flingos or pick up the stingers. You know. Like you have to do with everything else.

• Thanks 9

4 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

I'm genuinely confused as to why people are regarding stingers as somehow different from literally any other item in the game that can smoulder. If it's such an issue build flingos or pick up the stingers. You know. Like you have to do with everything else.

Man am I so glad someone actually said this, I was beginning to Worry that everyone shared the same mindset of wanting things in the game to be easier.

This is a sandbox survival game- Smoldering stingers should genuinely be a problem you have to deal with.

But in the end, the choice isn’t any of ours to make, it’s entirely up to Klei on how easy or how hard they want their game to be.

They can make things simple and cater to casuals and newcomers of the franchise.

Or they can appeal to the players who have experienced DS single player, have ventured through 5 randomly generated worlds + Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLCs additional difficulties.

I can sit here and confidently say that solo DS is 1000x more difficult then DST ever dreamed of being.. and it’s kinda sad to be 100% honest, it sort of feels like the differences between Resident Evil 1 & Resident Evil 6 (Aka a game franchise that can’t make up its mind what actual Genre it wants to be.....) 

My one and only hope is that they find a middle ground, a way of making the game more welcoming to Newbie players, but at the same exact time... a way to rip that welcome mat out from under the feet of veterans looking for DS single player levels of difficulty.

To those of you who have only ever played DST- You will never know the pain and frustration of dying in a Maxwell Toothtrap Biome on Chapter 5 where it’s permanent Darkness.. only to start back at Chapter 1.

And for those of you who have played solo DS, can more of you please speak up about wanting DST to have DS levels of difficulty please? 

Thank You <3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

To those of you who have only ever played DST- You will never know the pain and frustration of dying in a Maxwell Toothtrap Biome on Chapter 5 where it’s permanent Darkness.. only to start back at Chapter 1.

No. Because I didn't run into traps and experience from DST helped me to know what exactly I need. Bundle Wraps.

• Thanks 2
  • GL Happy 2

On 8/29/2020 at 4:48 AM, QuartzBeam said:

After the patch, they can accumulate those 300 seconds of daytime across multiple days, so they will produce honey all year round, albeit at a slower rate than summer's 1 honey per day. Which means you can get a few stacks of the stuff with just a single harvest every 10 or so days tops.

Do you still need to plant flowers around bee boxes if you intend on keeping them unloaded?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

Do you still need to plant flowers around bee boxes if you intend on keeping them unloaded?

Yes. Atleast one flower.

(Beebox's need to have a flower within 30 units of them, a unit is close to if not equal to the length of a wall)

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

the new smoldering sound is inaudible on lower ambient sounds and it doesn't make sense compared to the last one. before it actually sounded like smoldering now it's like some invisible tiny ppl are banging on their wardrums

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, --- -.- said:

the new smoldering sound is inaudible on lower ambient sounds and it doesn't make sense compared to the last one. before it actually sounded like smoldering now it's like some invisible tiny ppl are banging on their wardrums

i even though that klei added a new sound to the crystal thermal stone skin xD