Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

7 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Do flower sprites always stay the same, or do they change sometimes? Like, if I keep planting flowers until I get a white one, could I rest assured that it will still be the white one, when I relog or leave the area?

i never saw any flower changing their sprites. 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

14 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Do flower sprites always stay the same, or do they change sometimes? Like, if I keep planting flowers until I get a white one, could I rest assured that it will still be the white one, when I relog or leave the area?

It will stay white. That's a guarantee.

I had something happen today, or rather, my friend had- we just had a fight with crab king, and she died so we told her to get revived at base, while me and the other friend paddled over to the moon island to drop off the celestial tribute. I asked the revived friend to activate the lazy deserter, so my other friend could go back and eat, while I built a new mast to take the boat home. 

Suddenly, the revived friend fell asleep, as in game. But what could have caused it? It wasn't pvp, no one used a flute or eaten a mandrake, there was nothing that could have caused it.

Is it something that the deserter does? Or could it be the Terrarium that lay nearby? It was corrupted, and it might have been at about that time to fully refresh. 

Any ideas?

Edited by BezKa

20 minutes ago, Something else said:

What should  I Do with a bundling wrap that has 120 bees in it

Throw it in the ocean. The lag will kill not only your computer, but will probably cause a shockwave that will take down the entire neighborhood. For the sake of the people near you, just get rid of it 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Something else said:

So I should throw it at my friend in the middle of the ocean :wilson_evil:

How do you throw things into the ocean. I play on console if that matters 

You can’t- and I keep trying to suggest ways to incorporate that onto a controller but.. people assume I’m just being rude, nit-picky and jealous of what PC can do that console can not.

There are so many mind boggling differences that we may as well be playing two different games… but what I don’t understand is WHY?! And I guess.. I’ve just come to accept that I’m always just going to be playing a port of a KB+Mouse intended game.. but there are so many different things about KB+Mouse/Console Controller.. that if Klei EVER wants to make Cross-Platform play a real thing- these will need to be addressed to make it so one version of the game clearly isn’t superior to the other.

Heck.. standing near the edge of water and just pressing down on Dpad should work- but for NOW you need to build a empty boat platform put whatever you want destroyed on it and then set that boat on fire.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Sad 1

Is there any reason at all why a world I very clearly deleted out of existence would randomly show back up in my world save slots?

im playing on console so I can’t just use a mod or find old save files to restore- this is the weirdest glitch I’ve seen in this game yet.. has anyone else had worlds they’ve erased randomly pop back up in their server save slots that are empty?

I deleted a day 14 WANDA save to make room for upcoming Wolfgang rework, and it appears Wanda was able to do some of that freaky time line shenanigan stuff she does to restore her own save file.

This is slightly creepy… but does anyone know what could’ve caused it to happen?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Is there any reason at all why a world I very clearly deleted out of existence would randomly show back up in my world save slots?

im playing on console so I can’t just use a mod or find old save files to restore- this is the weirdest glitch I’ve seen in this game yet.. has anyone else had worlds they’ve erased randomly pop back up in their server save slots that are empty?

I deleted a day 14 WANDA save to make room for upcoming Wolfgang rework, and it appears Wanda was able to do some of that freaky time line shenanigan stuff she does to restore her own save file.

This is slightly creepy… but does anyone know what could’ve caused it to happen?

is maybe something related to the cloud sync that xbox has?

• Like 1

A while back, the PC version's exact save location/format changed slightly; maybe something similar happened with console to keep the dev environment consistent? And then a console version mixes something up trying to convert old saves and...wa-lah.

I only think of this because I'm reminded that I have a ghost world from before that format change; I keep forgetting to sit down and figure out how to fix it to see if I left anything interesting there, but it remains buried among my save files despite, of course, not showing up in game since that save location is now incorrect.

Now that everyone can summon 3 different boss minions to do their bidding in most boss fights- I have to ask the question: Is Wendy still OP & needs Nerf?

Abigail pails in comparison to the amount of world ending destruction the Terraria Eyes have & with significantly less effort to boot!

I love the new portable boss health scaling device, it’s my new favorite “thing” that’s been added to the game.

And I find this to be an excellent alternative to simply just lowering the bosses health pools in very boring fashion.

But is this now the “Better Abigail”? 
at least when it comes to Bosses..

When it comes to blending large groups of mobs up into a nice ghost blender- that’s Abigails intended design to excel best at :) <3

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now that everyone can summon 3 different boss minions to do their bidding in most boss fights- I have to ask the question: Is Wendy still OP & needs Nerf?

Abigail pails in comparison to the amount of world ending destruction the Terraria Eyes have & with significantly less effort to boot!

I love the new portable boss health scaling device, it’s my new favorite “thing” that’s been added to the game.

And I find this to be an excellent alternative to simply just lowering the bosses health pools in very boring fashion.

But is this now the “Better Abigail”? 
at least when it comes to Bosses..

When it comes to blending large groups of mobs up into a nice ghost blender- that’s Abigails intended design to excel best at :) <3

i like how biased you are with how op are the twins and how not op is wendy xD

29 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i like how biased you are with how op are the twins and how not op is wendy xD

That’s not what I asked- as #WendyMain I genuinely want to know is it better to summon Abigail or just use the Terrarium?

The Terrarium gives off light too and can be used as a light source throughout the night (albeit an obviously incredibly dangerous one)

Abigail needs to reach full health to start providing light source and it’s a small radius, the Terrarium lights up the whole night sky in the area around it. (would probably be the best thing ever in lights out mode..)

I want to protect Abigail & only use her when I need to.. :) 

Edited by Mike23Ua

Do any of you guys play a character so much you get super familiar with how they play but when you try to play as someone else your still trying to use tactics that were useful as the previous character?

Like after playing Wurt for many many many hours I genuinely forget that any other character in the games tools will “slip” out their hands in spring rain, because I completely forget that’s even a gameplay mechanic until I stop playing Wurt.

Ive also munched Redcaps as a non Wormwood after getting used to them not hurting me.

Do any of you guys do the same? :lol:

Edited by Mike23Ua

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Do any of you guys play a character so much you get super familiar with how they play but when you try to play as someone else your still trying to use tactics that were useful as the previous character?

Like after playing Wurt for many many many hours I genuinely forget that any other character in the games tools will “slip” out their hands in spring rain, because I completely forget that’s even a gameplay mechanic until I stop playing Wurt.

Ive also munched Redcaps as a non Wormwood after getting used to them not hurting me.

Do any of you guys do the same? :lol:

No.... but there was this one time I tried to frantically drop Bernie from my inventory, as Wickerbottom. There was no Bernie.

Is there a limit to how much time a wx can stay overcharged? Say if I'm wicker and I blast a wx with 5 end is nigh would the wx stay overcharged for 65 days?

16 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Is there a limit to how much time a wx can stay overcharged? Say if I'm wicker and I blast a wx with 5 end is nigh would the wx stay overcharged for 65 days?

Each subsequent lightning strike that hits Wx-78 after the first will have diminishing returns to the point that it won't be worth it.  You could, but the resource cost climbs.

This could very well change during WX-78's rework though, so keep that in mind.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Karitha said:

Will next update be only Wolfgang's rework or will it be Wolfgang's rework with QoL?

JoeW said he would talk more about future updates sometime after the Terraria Update, I will assume we will find out more in the coming weeks.

In the meantime- Have cave biomes been changed to spawn fish instead of Eel for massive help for Wurt or is there just different areas the “Eel” can spawn from and I got lucky enough to find a pond that would spawn the normal fish?

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

JoeW said he would talk more about future updates sometime after the Terraria Update, I will assume we will find out more in the coming weeks.

In the meantime- Have cave biomes been changed to spawn fish instead of Eel for massive help for Wurt or is there just different areas the “Eel” can spawn from and I got lucky enough to find a pond that would spawn the normal fish?

eels only can be caught in the ponds with lichen as decoration (the ones near the ruins or the ones you can find in toadstool set pieces). not all the ponds in the caves are of this kind, there is regular ones in slimy biome

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It moreso has to do with the color of the pond, regular blue ponds always existed in the caves, usually in the outer branches like the green mushtree biome. Eel ponds are cyan and are usually found deep in the mud biome, ruins wilds and Toadstool setpieces. 

I'm not 100% sure but the violet swamp ponds also should be able to spawn in caves if there happens to be a cave swamp and it also holds the regular old freshwater fish rather than eels.

• Like 2