Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

I spent an hour looking for the terrarium on a Klei server because someone had hidden it.  People were sailing so I'm not sure if they hid it on an island or not. Was there nothing I could have done in that situation? Is wandering aimlessly the only thing I could have done to locate it?

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2021 at 6:52 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what is the most efficient spool/money bundle? im thinking of getting a bundle to get spools unraveling the repeated skins

Someone told me its the Victorian bundle.

30 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I spent an hour looking for the terrarium on a Klei server because someone had hidden it.  People were sailing so I'm not sure if they hid it on an island or not. Was there nothing I could have done in that situation? Is wandering aimlessly the only thing I could have done to locate it?

Rush the forest and look for it there asap, by following road/wormwholes.

• Thanks 1

So, what's the deal with the Twins of Terror? First, they aren't an actual Terraria thing and Klei made them up, right? That leads to the question: Why the heck does nightmarefuel corruption duplicate the eyemonster and, more importantly, turn them into mechanical beings? They kind of resemble a deathstar, so this might be a fun reference, but can we find a lore reason for this? Mechanical makes me think nowadays, that Wagstaff might be involved, but that wouldn't really make any sense.

1 minute ago, Falkenpelz said:

So, what's the deal with the Twins of Terror? First, they aren't an actual Terraria thing and Klei made them up, right? That leads to the question: Why the heck does nightmarefuel corruption duplicate the eyemonster and, more importantly, turn them into mechanical beings? They kind of resemble a deathstar, so this might be a fun reference, but can we find a lore reason for this? Mechanical makes me think nowadays, that Wagstaff might be involved, but that wouldn't really make any sense.

The Twins of Terror are a terraria thing. They're the twins boss fight.
Which is 2 of the eye that are mechanical in Terraria. 
The_Twins.png.81314d7cf622a0b8eb59764a6d41fa98.png

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Rush the forest and look for it there asap, by following road/wormwholes.

I mean after somebody's already moved it. There's nothing you can do to find it unlike the celestial orb, right?

34 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

They're very very loosely based on The Twins fight from Terraria. They don't behave remotely similar and look completely different, but they're mechanical like The Twins (although The Twins' robotic status is only revealed after injuring them to the second phase) and have names which are almost identical.

In Terraria they don't spawn adds and in phase 1 Retinazer shoots lasers at you while Spazmatism dashes periodically. In phase 2 Retinazer shoots a lot of lasers and Spazmatism has a constant flamethrower attack that only stops when it starts dashing at you. Or something along those lines, it's been awhile since I played it.

Also The Twins have the song Boss 2 instead of Boss 1, which is much better.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

11 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I mean after somebody's already moved it. There's nothing you can do to find it unlike the celestial orb, right?

Try "c_gonext('[prefabname of the terrarium]'). This won't actually move you over there unless you're host, but I think the game actually simulates the procedure for a second, meaning it quickly moves a sprite of you're character over to the location and when you move, the game recalculates your actual position and jumps back to where you were, but that way, you get a glimpse of the location. I swear this is what happend to me when I once tried out go_next on a public, gotta see if it's still up to date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catituh said:

what happens if I buy a bundle that has a skin that already own? 

let's say I already have the Victorian Drying Rack and I buy a Victorian bundle that already has this item?

You get a duplicate you can unravel for spools

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Erineyes7 said:

So, if Wanda uses the second chance clock on another Wanda, does it also break?

It's been awhile since I played Wanda with another Wanda on the team but I think she either says something and it doesn't work, or it works as normal. I believe it only breaks when haunted on the floor, which may or may not be the only way Wanda can use the item.

Wendy’s rework added a new mob to the game with her refresh, Pipspook.

Webbers Rework added a new mob to the game with his refresh, Nurse Spiders.

Is it therefore unreasonable of me to think that the Mighty Wolfgangs rework may also introduce a new mob?

• Like 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy’s rework added a new mob to the game with her refresh, Pipspook.

Webbers Rework added a new mob to the game with his refresh, Nurse Spiders.

Is it therefore unreasonable of me to think that the Mighty Wolfgangs rework may also introduce a new mob?

It could add an NPC, but of the 9 reworks I think only those 2 added new NPCs. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 2:34 AM, Spino43 said:

If you touch the Terrarium and then immediately use Bush Hat to hide, will the Eye/Twins ignore you?

I tried this close to Dragonfly, one of the Eyes attacked me when I was inside the bush hat and the other attacked Dragonfly. I would say it doesn't works unless another mob is close enough to them to attack.

Okay seriously, when are we going to get any information on that upcoming QoL? I’m remaining hopeful that as a “Christmas gift” Klei will fix some of the problems players have with their favorite characters, (Wurt)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Big Ups 1

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why beefalo shakes his saddle when is near a salt lick? i though they prevented obedience drop

Salt Licks prevent loss of domestication, not obedience.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay seriously, when are we going to get any information on that upcoming QoL? I’m remaining hopeful that as a “Christmas gift” Klei will fix some of the problems players have with their favorite characters, (Wurt)

I dunno. Have you written to Santa about it?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like tinker bell, no one believed in it so it had a stroke and died. 

RIP in peace, second qol update 2021-2021.

• Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Does the Shield of Terror benefit from feeding it spiced foods, or like, Volt Goat Chaud-Froid? Not able to test it right now (not that I think it would work, but still).

It should, but I've seen a bug reported that the garlic spice doesn't work. 

• GL Happy 1

Just now, Lumberlocke said:

Quick question, hypothetically, let's say I play in a Lights Out world, would Winona's Spotlight provide the light needed for plants to grow, or is it exclusive to natural light?

Natural light or dwarf star from stall caller's staff. 

Spotlight will glow only on nearby character, not on a area, so it's useless for increasing visibility