Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

10 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

Is there a thread for tips and tricks you've found?

The closest I can think of is the "unknown mechanics" thread.

Unknown mechanics or the threads that don't deserve their own thread thread by @HowlVoid. Or you can clumsily rephrase your statement into a question and post it here, like "Did you know you can eat berries to restore your hunger?".

Okay how do I fight Moose/Goose without having some other mob fight it for me? This thing is annoying, I had less trouble killing Dragonfly then I do this thing, probably because the Goose screams and throws my tools/walking cane out my hand.

So far other then frog rain or a lot of Merms/Spider Queen/Treeguards I have only found one method that works decent for Me- use a Beefalo to attack/dodge.

Is there some tool I can craft to fight this annoying thing better though? Like rabbit earmuffs do those block out sound so I don’t drop my tools? 

theres 3 of these things happily living near my base now and I’m tempted to try to make them all fight each other.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay how do I fight Moose/Goose without having some other mob fight it for me? This thing is annoying, I had less trouble killing Dragonfly then I do this thing, probably because the Goose screams and throws my tools/walking cane out my hand.

So far other then frog rain or a lot of Merms/Spider Queen/Treeguards I have only found one method that works decent for Me- use a Beefalo to attack/dodge.

Is there some tool I can craft to fight this annoying thing better though? Like rabbit earmuffs do those block out sound so I don’t drop my tools? 

theres 3 of these things happily living near my base now and I’m tempted to try to make them all fight each other.

Which part of the fight are you having trouble with?

hambat, armor, some healing if you are bad at kiting her and dont get far from her nest (fight in circles) so her patter doesnt mess up with her AI trying to get close to her childs

use a Beefalo to attack/dodge.

just do the same with your character

also get used to swap between armor and cane to get speed bost to kite

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

hambat, armor, some healing if you are bad at kiting her and dont get far from her nest (fight in circles) so her patter doesnt mess up with her AI trying to get close to her childs

just do the same with your character

also get used to swap between armor and cane to get speed bost to kite

Swapping weapons with an Xbox controller isn’t as simple as the click of a mouse, sometimes it has a “hot swap” between cane and your weapon, and sometimes… well it wants you to scroll through your inventory to put your weapon back in your hot swap slot.

Why?? I haven’t got a clue.. but when this thing screams my cane/weapon out my hand I usually get hit by it trying to walk to and pick up the item it’s screamed across the screen.

Riding the Beefalo seems easier, but more risky on Boof’s Health’s.

Edited by Mike23Ua

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Swapping weapons with an Xbox controller isn’t as simple as the click of a mouse, sometimes it has a “hot swap” between cane and your weapon, and sometimes… well it wants you to scroll through your inventory to put your weapon back in your hot swap slot.

Why?? I haven’t got a clue.. but when this thing screams my cane/weapon out my hand I usually get hit by it trying to walk to and pick up the item it’s screamed across the screen.

Riding the Beefalo seems easier, but more risky on Boof’s Health’s.

is the same as clicking, i have played with controller, there is no difference

what might happen to you is that your inventory isnt organized, you should put all your equipble in the left side of the inventory and try to put together things that goes in the hand (lantern, tools, weapons), in the chest (if you are using changing between armor and other armor, amulet or coat) and things that goes in your head. If you have your weapon and cane in the firsts slots but you use an axe in the middle of the bar the items get messed

• Thanks 1

Was there ever a feature that whenever you tried fill the Watering Can with ocean water it will not fill up and the character would say that it needs fresh water?

I remember attempting it once with Webber and he said something like "Ms. Wickerbottom said that water it's bad for plants".

1 minute ago, Just-guy said:

Was there ever a feature that whenever you tried fill the Watering Can with ocean water it will not fill up and the character would say that it needs fresh water?

I remember attempting it once with Webber and he said something like "Ms. Wickerbottom said that water it's bad for plants".

Yes, it still exists, you need to hover the can over the ocean with your mouse.

You're supposed to be able to do it while its equipped, but it's bugged.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you play on PC and you connect an Xbox Controller to your PC will you have the same always on screen button prompt commands that an Xbox player has?

Im asking because boat content on Xbox is highly unenjoyable to me.. like EVERYTHING clutters on the deck of your boat and there’s no way to simply just throw it back into the ocean- so now you have loose things on your boat with button prompt commands popping up over them. There’s never really a good way to take screenshots- because these prompts have no way of being hidden.

Fingers crossed for a future QoL to hide them.

• Big Ups 1

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If you play on PC and you connect an Xbox Controller to your PC will you have the same always on screen button prompt commands that an Xbox player has?

Im asking because boat content on Xbox is highly unenjoyable to me.. like EVERYTHING clutters on the deck of your boat and there’s no way to simply just throw it back into the ocean- so now you have loose things on your boat with button prompt commands popping up over them. There’s never really a good way to take screenshots- because these prompts have no way of being hidden.

Fingers crossed for a future QoL to hide them.

20211130192423_1.thumb.jpg.45d2e92b56ac5171d8ef644117cc38e2.jpg

sadly yes

i remember there was a way  to hide the buttoms but still using the controller but cant remember how or even if it was a thing and if so it was only for PC because of the K&M messing with the hud xD

• Like 1

You've seen those character icons that appear on the corner of your screen when another player is close to you. Wanda's icon has the black silhouette of a head with a question mark instead of her face. Could this be intentional since she has three aspects or could this be a bug?

• Haha 1
  • Sanity 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:04 PM, Something else said:

Question for console players how do you solo AFW.I can’t seem to target him with weather pain cause it keeps targeting the little shadow things

The fight is basically impossible without damage multipliers. You will more than likely have him eat a couple of the shadows which could prolong the fight indefinitely. 

There was a thread not too long ago by @Guille6785 that demonstrates the fight without those items. Trying to use them will most likely hinder you rather than help you. Note that that fight took Guille a couple hours of practice and its hard to do consistently so you would have to abuse rerolls. 

If you don't mind cheese then you can do the lureplant + houndious trick or over kill it with a couple of catapults. Don't feel about the cheese, the fight was not balanced around solo play and as result it's a very high skilled fight for a solo player.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Don't feel about the cheese, the fight was not balanced around solo play and as result it's a very hugh skilled fight for a solo player.

The fight was not balanced around solo or console play.

It's certainly possible, but you have a lot working against you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

The fight is basically impossible without damage multipliers. You will more than likely have him eat a couple of the shadows which could prolong the fight indefinitely. 

There was a thread not too long ago by @Guille6785 that demonstrates the fight without those items. Trying to use them will most likely hinder you rather than help you. Note that that fight took Guille a couple hours of practice and its hard to do consistently so you would have to abuse rerolls. 

If you don't mind cheese then you can do the lureplant + houndious trick or over kill it with a couple of catapults. Don't feel about the cheese, the fight was not balanced around solo play and as result it's a very hugh skilled fight for a solo player.

I was waiting on porkus to upload the controller fuelweaver fight he said he would but he lost interest so I guess I might do it instead

Just now, Guille6785 said:

I was waiting on porkus to upload the controller fuelweaver fight he said he would but he lost interest so I guess I might do it instead

It would be the same fight you posted would it not? Not sure if the controls on a pc controller are the same but there are technical problems when it comes to using a controller on console.

The "use" button and "lock on" button are the same, so just trying to hit fuelweaver is an issue. The game likes to prioritize the cage over fuelweaver himself so trying to hit him without lock on is actually impossible. Telepoofing is set to a long distance jump that cannot be changed which always seems to telepoof me near the edge of the arena. Trying to use the weather pain requires multiple seconds of adjusting which entity you want to hit (it even targets fuelweaver and I think the portal itself). 

Seems to me that going about the fight is to be better off not using those items and just doing the techs you did.  

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

It would be the same fight you posted would it not? Not sure if the controls on a pc controller are the same but there are technical problems when it comes to using a controller on console.

are similar but inventory managment without autopause plus how messy is the control recognition (why it has that low range of action?) will make things a little harder

edit: well, without taking in count what you already said ofc

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

On 11/27/2021 at 11:04 PM, Something else said:

Question for console players how do you solo AFW.I can’t seem to target him with weather pain cause it keeps targeting the little shadow things

yup it's hard af. For you specific question, you have to stay glued to him to used the wp, or go right near him every time you do it. It's doable with normal characters, but really really hard. I've only done it as wolf, and even with him I'm not able to do it consistently; but I have friend(s) who did it with normal dmg. 

• Like 2

Awhile back ago when people were discussing the difficulty of bosses or certain multiplayer designed content if playing with less players the Klei devs chimed into those forum posts and said they can see where they could’ve done things better- Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how they could achieve that?