Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Speaking of misinformation.

Beefs die quite easily and from what i seen fully healing one requires truck load of twigs or vegetable food.

Or is there something i don't know regarding keeping the Beef healthy?

Cause losing a tamed beef is a lot painful than losing a log armor

Edited by ALCRD

15 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Speaking of misinformation.

Beefs die quite easily and from what i seen fully healing one requires truck load of twigs or vegetable food.

Cause losing a tamed beef is a lot painful than losing a log armor

I’m on Xbox- Xbox players have no way of telling you how Beefalo work, sorry… but I always just assumed they worked like Abigail, passively healing themselves over time when not in combat.

3 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

question thread, not beefalo thread.

It's still a question regarding game mechanic that doesn't warrant an entire thread.

Also the thread doesn't say "no beefalo related questions"

So yeah.. I can ask questions about beefalos here to my hearts content.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

36 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

What do twigs have to do with healing? That's like trying to raise your own health using cooked seeds.

37 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Well, I'm not sure if you know either of those things but:

• Beefalos get 4x health from anything they eat. So a Blue Cap, cooked Potato/Tomato/Eggplant gives 80 (not 20) and a Dragonpie gives 160 (not 40) health.
  • More importantly, beefalos regenerate 6.9 health every 10 seconds (= 333 health per day), so you only need to heal them manually if you're doing a lot of fighting back to back. Otherwise, you can just let the beefalo heal on its own and it'll be in tip top shape with a day or so (unless you were really bad at avoiding hits).
  • Like 2
  • Sanity 1

39 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Beefalo have a maximum of 1000 health, regen 6.9 per 10 seconds, and heal 4× the health you give them. (A blue cap would heal 80.)

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

Just now, ALCRD said:

Don't they heal from ANYTHING you feed them? Including twigs and grass. And i am not gonna feed them dragon pies ... those are for me only.

They heal from whatever restores health when eaten. Twigs and Cut Grass restore 0.5 and 1.0 Health respectively, which is peanuts even with the 4x multiplier.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

12 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Don't they heal from ANYTHING you feed them? Including twigs and grass. And i am not gonna feed them dragon pies ... those are for me only.

i dont recommend you using dragonpies for healing since the beefalo will perform a very long eating animation making him vulnerable to the enemies nearby

use blue caps, roasted tomatoes, potatoes or eggplants. Also they are easier to mass produce that having to grow dragonfruits and cooking them later with their medium/long cooking time

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

18 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

So it's best to not heal them and wait till they regen unless in a tight situation. Ok thx for the info.

Generally.. yes- As Wendy I never heal the Beefalo UNLESS I get off of it and it attacks me then ABIGAIL (shame on her) attacks it.

a Tamed Beefalo will attack you if you use it or Abby to kill untamed Beefalo near it by the way, I found that out the hard way.

But.. when playing as WES you will probably want to heal your beefy friend more often, Wes’s downsides of dealing less damage & having lower health don’t apply to the Beefalo, the only time WES himself is in danger while on a Beef- is when enemies that attack the “Rider” first and not the mount.

If I’m not mistaken those would be anything with a projectile based attack, like Clockwork Bishop or Mctusk.

(you can still just wear armor and negate most the attack though)

Also- I would like to know what rule there was for this thread that people CANT talk about the Beefalo? I personally love them and aim to start taming one ASAP.. And as pretty much any character I’m playing as.

Edit- OH I forgot to mention something about the Beef’s, I’m pretty sure most of you already know this but for those of you who aren’t that familiar with them- you can now create a Beefalo Dressing Station, and this Station will allow you to dress your Beefalo up in various cosmetics that were part of the YoTB event, those cosmetics are permanently part of the game now and all of them are unlocked to create your own customized beefy companion. <3

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • GL Happy 1

52 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

On side note i think i managed to tame an Ornery one. (I wanted a rider did mostly riding with some fighting in between)

Ornery is the best tbh. An Ornery Beefalo can still be really fast with a Glossamer Saddle, but a Rider can never reach that oh so important 50 damage threshold even with a War Saddle.

• GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Ornery is the best tbh. An Ornery Beefalo can still be really fast with a Glossamer Saddle, but a Rider can never reach that oh so important 50 damage threshold even with a War Saddle.

I know but i feel i will burn through a lot of food or saddles if i am not careful with this one.

• Sad Dupe 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

OH I forgot to mention something about the Beef’s, I’m pretty sure most of you already know this but for those of you who aren’t that familiar with them- you can now create a Beefalo Dressing Station, and this Station will allow you to dress your Beefalo up in various cosmetics that were part of the YoTB event, those cosmetics are permanently part of the game now and all of them are unlocked to create your own customized beefy companion. <3

This gives me an idea to make a colorful looking Beefalo herd on public server to greatly confuse people who run into it.

The skins stay on when i unbond the Beef right?

Did they do something to the lure-plant bite range for items on the ground? My trashcan does not seem to work very well anymore. I am needing to get hit by it to drop things in range of it. Where as before I could comfortably feed it things with out getting hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there a limit to how many followers you can have at once? The achievement for having followers only specifically say you need 6.. but what I want to know is can I “in theory at least” hire an entire village of Pigmen to help me kill a boss?

Dont Starve Together is a game designed for Multiplayer- Yes but.. there should be ways a solo player can still play and not be frustrated by everything being designed around needing friends, so could I for example.. take Pigmen with me to kill a Ewecus/Varg when playing Solo to help me get unstuck from the snot or to kill the spawning hounds?

Most the time I just play as Wendy when playing Alone because I see Abigail as being no different from having a second player there to help me.. but certain things- I feel could be easier if I could just bring a large group of A.I. followers with me.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

so could I for example.. take Pigmen with me to kill a Ewecus/Varg when playing Solo to help me get unstuck from the snot or to kill the spawning hounds?

sure, for that are followers. And yes, pigs and merms help you with ewecus mucus

and for some bosses they are useful like df (if you calm her before she does her aoe fire atack also they can help you to get the extra scale (i do this as wurt)), ancient guardian, moose, beequeen or any other non aoe boss

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

What is the suggested about of weather pains I should bring for misery toadstool? With Wes damage multiplier and dark swords + spicy volt goat jelly being used.

if you will use glass axes, with 4 you should have more than enough. If is misery is wet and you use glass axes you may need only 2 just in case

i cant tell without glasses, cant remember how many i needed before RoT xD