Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Last night I had a strange dream that Klei intends to end DST in a cliff hanger with return of them and whatever Wagstaff is up to, and they plan to release a NEW game a Dont Starve TWOgether- now my question.. if such a thing were to ever happen would all the skins I’m sure I’ve spent a small fortune on be compatible with this new game?

I doubt I would be willing to buy a DST Sequel if all the skins I’ve bought, collected and earned did not carry over into the new game.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Last night I had a strange dream that Klei intends to end DST in a cliff hanger with return of them and whatever Wagstaff is up to, and they plan to release a NEW game a Dont Starve TWOgether- now my question.. if such a thing were to ever happen would all the skins I’m sure I’ve spent a small fortune on be compatible with this new game?

I doubt I would be willing to buy a DST Sequel if all the skins I’ve bought, collected and earned did not carry over into the new game.

Why would there be a sequel to Don't Starve Together? Together is presumably only its own game because of the large changes that had to be made to accommodate multiplayer. Now multiplayer's already been accommodated so they have no reason to do make another.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

40 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why would there be a sequel to Don't Starve Together? Together is presumably only its own game because of the large changes that had to be made to accommodate multiplayer. Now multiplayer's already been accommodated so they have no reason to do make another.

with the amount of content that fits just the space we already have it will take several years to overwhelm the game with stuff. Also dst is growing so why kill the golden eggs hen by releasing another game splitting the fan base and pissing off people who dont want to buy another game for some reason. There is no need of work a lot to release a game that feels unique in comparation to dst just to sell it for the same price that a bundle of skins for an already popular game cost

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

with the amount of content that fits just the space we already have it will take several years to overwhelm the game with stuff. Also dst is growing so why kill the golden eggs hen by releasing another game splitting the fan base and pissing off people who dont want to buy another game for some reason. There is no need of work a lot to release a game that feels unique in comparation to dst just to sell it for the same price that a bundle of skins for an already popular game cost

Well there actually IS a reason..

Klei has gone on record saying that the PS5 is capable of having most of the fancy bells and whistles that PC Version has, with the exception of Mods.. PS5 could have larger worlds, the lots more & tons settings for world Gen options, a higher player count then our maxed out 6, improved graphics.. updated biomes that actually look like all their vignettes (crows sitting in trees, spiders climbing up and down their nests) etc.. However Sony won’t allow them to add anything into the game that won’t also run on PS4 platforms.

In Short: Last Generation Hardware is directly holding us back from getting a bigger better game- And Klei themselves admitted that they would have to Re-Release a new version of the game on the more capable consoles.

So I would really like an Answer to my question: If releasing a Next Gen version of the game became a seriously considered option- Would the skins I’ve bought, earned,  & rewarded carry over into that Next Gen Game?

Why is Wanda saying this when I try to teleport to caves with a backtrek watch? I use this watch regularly and never had any problem before. Restarting the game (and checking if caves are still on) didn't help. I'm not even sure if this is a bug or not since apparently the game has a quote for it.

Edit: the watch that lets me to teleport from caves back to the surface world still works. Not even sure what's happening here.

Edit #2: all my backtrek watches for cave locations are unusable like this, even after making new ones.

20211103010936_1.thumb.jpg.c34ae10a0cfc4d0aee99278b482ce373.jpg

Edited by OsiriCousland
  • Wavey 1

3 hours ago, OsiriCousland said:

I'm not even sure if this is a bug or not since apparently the game has a quote for it.

The game has quotes for a lot of things. There's even unique spritework that depicts vines covering sinkholes if for whatever reason the cave server becomes unavailable, which it isn't supposed to do. Have you tried clearing the waypoints, setting them again, and then warping to them? My not-so-educated guess is that that quote is used for something along the lines of the teleport destination being unknown or on an inaccessible server. It could also potentially be caused by one of your mods.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

There's even unique spritework that depicts vines covering sinkholes if for whatever reason the cave server becomes unavailable, which it isn't supposed to do. 

This happens during World Retro-Fitting.. outside of that, I never see it happening. But it’s cute they added quotes for trying to exit or go into a cave as the world Retro-fits

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This happens during World Retro-Fitting.. outside of that, I never see it happening. But it’s cute they added quotes for trying to exit or go into a cave as the world Retro-fits

Last time I was playing Klei servers usually didn't have cave servers even though they should. Sometimes they'd be briefly available but then abruptly close. Not sure what the issue was/is but it was/is a chance for everyone to see the cave-blocking vines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

The game has quotes for a lot of things. There's even unique spritework that depicts vines covering sinkholes if for whatever reason the cave server becomes unavailable, which it isn't supposed to do. Have you tried clearing the waypoints, setting them again, and then warping to them? My not-so-educated guess is that that quote is used for something along the lines of the teleport destination being unknown or on an inaccessible server. It could also potentially be caused by one of your mods.

Resetting all the cave clocks didn't work yesterday but they do now, after I verified the game files. Ty for the suggestion btw

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

In Short: Last Generation Hardware is directly holding us back from getting a bigger better game- And Klei themselves admitted that they would have to Re-Release a new version of the game on the more capable consoles.

So I would really like an Answer to my question: If releasing a Next Gen version of the game became a seriously considered option- Would the skins I’ve bought, earned,  & rewarded carry over into that Next Gen Game?

Klei isn't making a new don't starve game just to make a PORT of the game run better...

1 hour ago, CodexCorporis said:

Klei isn't making a new don't starve game just to make a PORT of the game run better...

You missed the part where last Gen hardware is preventing YOUR version of the game from getting bigger updates right?

I don’t just mean what PC already has.. I mean stuff like getting an actual living breathing world that actually plays like the animated trailers- that is Klei’s interpretation of how they as a Dev team perceive their fictional world to look.

fog for graveyard biomes that look more like Hamlets version.

71A411BF-E677-489E-A933-92C04D96F474.gif.52fe62578d9522d82a590e86a1ac1a9a.gif

Crows sitting in the Twiggys trees in the Marsh biome or spiders that actually climb up and down their nests being territorial.

CE3E9208-374D-45F2-92AE-DAC7AFEE98DA.gif.05bb53f8f538427a7492ed7a0eb81ede.gif

What about Grass in the Desert like in their animated trailers.. etc etc-

Klei has actually stated that they would have to create a whole new version of the game for these kinds of changes.

Because OLD HARDWARE (PS4/Xbox One & Ancient OLD PCs that would set fire and explode trying to run it) is holding it back from getting bigger updates the newer consoles and PC’s are capable of- but the old hardware would not pull.

The TL:DR- GTA V Xbox 360 Edition vs GTA V Xbox One Edition and Coming March 2022: GTA V Xbox Series X/S Enhanced Edition.

Instead of answering my question of WOULD you rebuy the game all over again if Klei made their own GTA V like expanded and enhanced edition… and rather or not you think your skins would carry over into that game….

You guys immediately jump to- Klei isn’t going to make a next Gen port of the game.

it’s not just the “ports” that’s holding the game back, it’s also Klei having to continue to make sure it runs on your Potato PC’s.

So Maybe please actually answer the questions? That’s all I ask.. thanks.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Am I right to assume that you can't telelocate a pig torch? And is it normal for default worldgen to generate not a single tallbird nest?

No you can't. 

Yes, worlds with no tallbird nests happen sometimes

• Like 1

Since I'm trying to mass collect fossils for the first time, some questions: When the overworld skeleton breaks down again, does it give back the same amount of fossils that went into it? And how far does the ruins reset spread, which areas are affected and are the stalagmites affected?

11 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Since I'm trying to mass collect fossils for the first time, some questions: When the overworld skeleton breaks down again, does it give back the same amount of fossils that went into it? And how far does the ruins reset spread, which areas are affected and are the stalagmites affected?

you always receive the whole skeleton ( 8 pieces back) when fw or the forest/cave stalker are defeated or despawned. Reseting the ruins only affects: statues, broken and damaged clockworks, monkey dens, depthworms, labyrinth and atrium's chests, AG, the loot from holes (the ones that you need orange amulet to pickup), ancient psudoscience stations that you hammered (the repaired ones will remain repaired) and i think that was all

stalagmites arent affected and there isnt any mechanic that makes them respawn

• Thanks 1

Can you tank BeeQueen as Wolfgang with dragonpie and shadow equipment? Would that be a ridiculous waste in terms of ressources? I have around a stack and a half spare healing food, which is more than you need for Df, any suggestions, what else to use it on? (Autumn)

Can you tank BeeQueen as Wolfgang with dragonpie and shadow equipment?

Yes and no. You absolutely can tank bee queen as long as you have a method to crowd control the grumbles. 

The grumble+ bee queen will burn through armor so fast that it's not worth it. There is a method where you can box yourself and bee queen and cause the grumbles to be queued.

Would that be a ridiculous waste in terms of ressources?

Not if you have the grumbles under control.

I have around a stack and a half spare healing food, which is more than you need for Df, any suggestions, what else to use it on? (Autumn)

Besides dragonfly and bee queen? You can do the celestial guardian as the start up "minigame" is the least annoying in autumn.

Edited by HowlVoid

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Yes and no. You absolutely can tank bee queen as long as you have a method to crowd control the grumbles. 

The grumble+ bee queen will burn through armor so fast that it's not worth it. There is a method where you can box yourself and bee queen and cause the grumbles to be queued.

you can kill all except one (that you can freeze if it annoys you) in the first phase, use few pan flute uses in the 2nd one and outrun the bees and tank the isolated queen in the 3rd and 4th

Can you tank BeeQueen as Wolfgang with dragonpie and shadow equipment? Would that be a ridiculous waste in terms of ressources? I have around a stack and a half spare healing food, which is more than you need for Df, any suggestions, what else to use it on? (Autumn)

you can but as wolf you could try kite her, with wolf's speed +cane+mag and or road is easy

if not, you can use marble suits+football helmet or beekeeper hat to increase the duration of the marble suit

as wolf you wouldnt need that healing 

pd. just a tip. Dragonfruits only heals 40 but have long eating animation and long cooking time so i would farm for healing tomatoes (you can plant 2 tomatoes per dragonfuit to make combo) or potatoes to save time and resources. This little details makes the game less grindy and, by extension, funnier

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you can kill all except one (that you can freeze if it annoys you) in the first phase, use few pan flute uses in the 2nd one and outrun the bees and tank the isolated queen in the 3rd and 4th

I think they want to tank her throughout the whole battle.

In which case it is possible to tank both bee queen AND grumbles (what you're suggesting you'd have to kite the grumbles) as long as the queueing method to exploit their ai is used.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1