Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The highly unused Bee Keepers hat might help :) or.. just kill all hives one at a time.

It's actually impossible because of lag. My PC can't handle the pathfinding of a quadrizillion entities at once. And I've already killed like 10 with beekeeper hat, placed two lureplants to eat the bees and sacrificed myself to lead hounds there as a ghost and heal them through haunting. This is how this place looks just after all these efforts xD

• Sad 1

Grass Gekkos (the ones from worldgen spawns not from grass replanting) have chance to not spawn at all?

All this time in all my worlds i always found at least 1 naturally spawning horde of grass gekkos.

In my recent one , not a single one on the map even tried to use c_gonext command to see if i missed something. 

Nope they don't exist in my current world.

• Sad Dupe 1

4 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

It's actually impossible because of lag. My PC can't handle the pathfinding of a quadrizillion entities at once. And I've already killed like 10 with beekeeper hat, placed two lureplants to eat the bees and sacrificed myself to lead hounds there as a ghost and heal them through haunting. This is how this place looks just after all these efforts xD

Take Bearger or Deerclops there and sit on the sidelines as your hired wrecking crew kills all the hives? :wilson_lightbulb:

56 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

This is how this place looks just after all these efforts xD

Well then, grab some wood, you're sailing around to the desert!

52 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Grass Gekkos (the ones from worldgen spawns not from grass replanting) have chance to not spawn at all?

Yep, most of my worlds didn't have them. I actually thought they were pretty rare to spawn tbh.

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sanity 2

Buncha questions (florp):

My new world seems to have no Totally Normal Trees at all on default settings, did maybe Hallowed Nights mess with it?

Can yawning Bearger defeat BeeQueen? (I'm fine watching the fight as a ghost as long as he kills her)

What exactly happens when you start rubberbanding? I'm not looking for resolutions, I'm just curious. Why does the game seem to register directional inputs which were not at all given? E.g. why does my character suddenly turn around to cuddle with death, when I was consistently running from something?

Hallowed Nights should not remove totally normal trees they should still be in your world somewhere (and easier to spot because they have glowing flaming eyeballs) 

But.. you can create your own during Hallowed Nights from the Mad Scientist lab I forget the official name of the potion you want to create but it’ll cost you 1 bat wings and 1 living log to get a potion that lets you plant your own totally normal tree, and when it’s fully grown: Can be decorated with the various trinkets you find laying around the map during Halloween nights.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

What exactly happens when you start rubberbanding? I'm not looking for resolutions, I'm just curious. Why does the game seem to register directional inputs which were not at all given? E.g. why does my character suddenly turn around to cuddle with death, when I was consistently running from something?

The game has something called "predictive lag compensation". As the name suggests, it simulates actions on the client in order to compensate for lag. However, this isn't actually what's happening on the server and it re-syncs periodically, causing rubber-banding.

Lag compensation can have its uses to smooth out slight stutters, but most players who know its mechanics tend to turn it off as quite frankly, it's extremely debilitating to have the game lie to you. I want to know where my character actually is! Thankfully, it's extremely easy to turn off in the settings.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

My new world seems to have no Totally Normal Trees at all on default settings, did maybe Hallowed Nights mess with it?

one time i got a world without that trees and i think it was outside of HN

9 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Can yawning Bearger defeat BeeQueen? (I'm fine watching the fight as a ghost as long as he kills her)

one time bearger helped me beat beequeen, he performed well but other time i tried and was so difficult to make them fight each other

i dont know how would you make them fight if your plan is using sleepy bearger since you will need to start the fight with beequeen and wake up bearger which, if you eat the mushroom dish, will make you go too slow so i think is very dangerous. I would recommend you to try bearger when he is awake

13 minutes ago, Crestwave said:

The game has something called "predictive lag compensation". As the name suggests, it simulates actions on the client in order to compensate for lag. However, this isn't actually what's happening on the server and it re-syncs periodically, causing rubber-banding.

Lag compensation can have its uses to smooth out slight stutters, but most players who know its mechanics tend to turn it off as quite frankly, it's extremely debilitating to have the game lie to you. I want to know where my character actually is! Thankfully, it's extremely easy to turn off in the settings.

Thanks, that makes very much sense!

I know about lag compensation and actually prefer to have it turned on. My pc is as capable of running the game smoothly as I am of running uphills with a wagon attached to my ankles, so my character seems to just slide all over the place if it's not predictive. I pay for it with rubberbanding, I guess.

21 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

set task priority for all DST processes to high in taks manager. it will improve performance greatly

4 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

GUYS JUST A SUBTLE ADVICE I SOLVED MY BEE PROBLEM WITH LUREPLANTS AND THE BEES DONT ACTUALLY DIE INSIDE!!

I broke the lureplant, my server had a stroke for 3 seconds and out came the mighty congoline of BEES

Do you have any video evidence of this?? I want something to laugh at today.

7 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

GUYS JUST A SUBTLE ADVICE I SOLVED MY BEE PROBLEM WITH LUREPLANTS AND THE BEES DONT ACTUALLY DIE INSIDE!!

I broke the lureplant, my server had a stroke for 3 seconds and out came the mighty congoline of BEES

I believe the bees die inside at a rate of 1 bee per 20 seconds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do Moleworm steal Halloween trinkets/decorations & is there any way I can get those back if I didn’t see him steal them?

Dig up their mound, they keep everything they stole in there. 

• Like 1

Hey guys how come there’s been no news about the awesome in game sale right now that’s going on for 90% of the games cosmetics??? I wouldn’t have even noticed this had I not decided to check out the shop.

THANKS KLEI I finally found something to spend those left over 2500 Bolts I had in my account on :wilson_love:

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can you “Wax” Hambat for infinite durability and are Jackolanterns (from the Hallowed Nights event) refuel-able by putting more fireflies into them?

No, and No. 
Also Jack o' Lanterns aren't from Hallowed Nights specifically; you can craft them at any time from the 'Light' tab. 
People just don't. 

• Like 5