Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

since Klei straight up canceled their own Lunar Mutated Horrors.

16 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

They decided to stop using Lunar Mutants in 2019 after the release of Turn of Tides. That is too long for the crossover to have influenced their decisions. 

Then what are these?

Moonblind_Crow.png.2436f1eb818613e34658669b2c69ba74.png Misshapen_Bird.png.bbfce7a0f0e8d9cf351dabc1b17d279d.png

Edited by Just-guy
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Just-guy said:

Then what are these?

Moonblind_Crow.png.2436f1eb818613e34658669b2c69ba74.png Misshapen_Bird.png.bbfce7a0f0e8d9cf351dabc1b17d279d.png

Those don't look like mutants, they look like cartoon kiddie 'monsters' that wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Blue's Clues. 
The actual mutants had broken glass digging into their flesh, ripped open too-wide mouths, thousands of jagged, broken teeth, and a sickly pallor not dissimilar to someone suffering from tuberculosis. 
These birds are toys for toddlers, not disgusting abominations against nature. 

• Like 9
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, Just-guy said:

Then what are these?

Un-Scary looking extremely toned down attempts at lunar mobs that anything in Terraria will quickly put to shame?

I love Klei.. I do, but if they have “Permission” to use licensed Terraria mobs in DST then that gives me a tiny bit of hope for some of the more bizarre looking mobs they themselves moved away from with DST.

Am i going insane or do swamp Tentacles despawn and appear in different place when idle or off screen?

Cause quite few times i had moments like "but there was a tentacle here few moments ago.." only to find nothing.

And this happened away from any hostiles that would kill it or eat the monster meat dropped.

Not to mention quite few times i suddenly heard tentacle rumble that was getting louder and louder .... While my character was standing still all the time. Why .. how? xD 

These things supposed to be static and not mobile from what i read.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Am i going insane or do swamp Tentacles despawn and appear in different place when idle or off screen?

Cause quite few times i had moments like "but there was a tentacle here few moments ago.." only to find nothing.

Sometimes tentacles refuse to emerge. I remember very well having similar situations, where I KNOW there's a tentacle somewhere, hear it rumbling, then stand on top of it and it goes silent and doesn't attack. I don't know why it happens, they sometimes just choose to do that.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

The fun thing is that klei told us that the moon mutations doesnt fit, blablabla but the conclussion of the moon arc came with mutant birds...

Someone can understand that? Is like klei told us that is because they dont fit when clearly they do

It is more noticeable in the range atack ones, they look like if censored them by painting them with solid purple

I might be wrong ofc but is what make feel when you are in the moonstorm. Anyways i enjoy it and the birds are kinda funny 

Pd. Im still waiting my mutant frog rain and moonshroom toadstool variant

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

This is not intended to be rude, it is a statement of fact. Being optimistic 100% of the time forever will cause deep emotional damage when your unrealistic expectations are not met. 

So will being pessimistic all of the time

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dextops said:

So will being pessimistic all of the time

I will never be disappointed by what could have been, because I am always at peace with being miserable. 
If you have no standards, they will always be met. 
If you have no hope to begin with, it cannot be taken from you. 

• Ninja 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

5 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

I will never be disappointed by what could have been, because I am always at peace with being miserable. 

atleast the optimistic have good times until they get dissapointed. Pessimistic people dont have good times even when they pass throw one

as aristotle said, we should follow the middle path

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

I can't find the bishop head in my world and I've explored 95% of the map, is it possible it didn't spawn? Could it be in Lunar Island?

If I set "Hounds Attacks" to "Little", will it reduce the amount of hounds per wave or increase the days between waves? Or both?

Edited by zenburu

16 minutes ago, zenburu said:

I can't find the bishop head in my world and I've explored 95% of the map, is it possible it didn't spawn? Could it be in Lunar Island?

I haven't had a map that didn't have all the pieces. Do you have all the land uncovered? Is there a chance you might have dropped it in the ocean?

I haven't seen a world that had a marble piece on Lunar Island yet.

Actually that’s not true, the overly optimistic people have probably been through so much horrible stuff in their past as a child, that there isn’t much of ANYTHING that can break them down now.

To put it simply: You have to go through a lot of horrible stuff to appreciate even the tiniest bit of beauty in life otherwise, you don’t even realize it & take it for granted.

But I’m highly confused as to how this thread became about being overly happy or overly sad isn’t it supposed to be about asking actual Questions?

And since it’s about asking actual questions then: How many of you still believe Myself and Howlvoid are lying when we tell you that the Bonus QoL was “added in as a Bonus” and that this is not the second one that was on the road map schedule?

To those of you who do believe us- Thank You.. & to those of you who don’t- 

Well I guess you’ll find out sooner or later won’t you?

Also: Why does your own fully tamed & bell bonded Beefalo attack you aggressively if you use it to kill other Beefalo and then dismount him to do something like place a campfire and cook the meat from the other Beefalo’s?

At first I thought it was Hilarious to have this thing chasing me all over everywhere I couldn’t get rid of because it was bound to the bell in my inventory.. but now it’s just getting annoying.

Can we please stick to asking/answering questions in a thread labeled “Questions that don’t deserve their own thread”?

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also: Why does your own fully tamed & bell bonded Beefalo attack you aggressively if you use it to kill other Beefalo and then dismount him to do something like place a campfire and cook the meat from the other Beefalo’s?

they still have herd mentality

if you wanna kill beefalos you would need to do it mounting it (and not dismounting for a while and use armor when you unride him) or drop the bell in a safe close but not so much place so the beefalo gets ouside of the aggro radius

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

So you proved my point being depressed all the time does not stop you from being depressed

I haven’t actually tried yet.. but can you use Sewing kits on downed Bernie Dolls without dismounting your Beefalo? 
In my Willow world i never bothered taming a Beefalo, but after the YoTB changes taming Beefalo is pretty easy now..

(since he follows you everywhere loyally and you can just passively tame him as you do other stuff I LOVE it)

Also is having a Bell Bonded Fully tamed Beefalo better then using the Walking Cane now?

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I haven’t actually tried yet.. but can you use Sewing kits on downed Bernie Dolls without dismounting your Beefalo? 
In my Willow world i never bothered taming a Beefalo, but after the YoTB changes taming Beefalo is pretty easy now..

(since he follows you everywhere loyally and you can just passively tame him as you do other stuff I LOVE it)

Also is having a Bell Bonded Fully tamed Beefalo better then using the Walking Cane now?

Just pick Bernie up and fix him in your inventory. 

Depends how you look at it. Having both is still the best option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

In what biomes is usually the MacTusk camp?

There's one guaranteed in the dark forest, the same one where moonrock platform spawns. You'll find a clearing there, and a MacTusk camp in the clearing. 

A triple MacTusk is either a biome or a set piece (not sure) that is optional in the world and can spawn in various places- from my experience, it will be close to Dragonfly Desert.

• Thanks 1

Klei says there’s another Halloween costume contest/event thingy coming up, is it safe to assume that starts tomorrow?

Edit: Nevermind JoeW Ninja’d me to it. :lol:

I will just ask a different question then: Out if all the reworks, content updates, QoL updates, New Events like Summer Cawnival you guys have done so far- Which single update has been your favorite?

I’m mainly asking the Devs at Klei this question because I’m genuinely just curious which piece of content you’ve created so far (since the start of monthly updates) that you have enjoyed doing the most?

Edited by Mike23Ua

2 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

What do I do here? I can't get to my desert. How will I ever deal with this? XD

IMG_20211027_233056_403.thumb.jpg.63918b6c2bff51eb3b5c40d86f29fbee.jpg

That's... Wow. 

For reaching desert I suggest you adjust your pants and run.

If you're fine with switching characters, this is one thing I would swap to Wendy for. If not, you got yourself a free Giant clearing service!

Also, don't tell Walter about this. 

Edited by BezKa