Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

4 minutes ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

Webber can do it, but has trouble with losing Spiders in her final phase.

The good news is spiders are expendable. Plus, you can use Beekeeper Hats on the Nurses to make them basically immortal and a Boomerang to reaggro the spiders on the queen.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

10 minutes ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

What is the "Intended" way to deal with Bee Queen? Soloing her seems painful, Spiders, Pigs, and Bunnymen get spooked for AGES by her scream, which she spams in the final phase, leaving mainly Wurt, Winona, and Wendy to take her out. Webber can do it, but has trouble with losing Spiders in her final phase.

Since she's the gatekeeper for the Bundle Wrap recipe, knowing how to take her out as any character is important. Bunnymen are accessible enough, but I'm wondering what other strategies are applicable. Maybe Deerclops? Fire?

Basically, what's the "Developer Intended" method of fighting Bee Queen?

i use fire staffs, pan flutes, yellow amulet+road.

Fire staff to deal damage when you cant reach her, just take care of not using it when you have hurt her in the last phase

Pan flutes when i want to skip a little the fight or entirely since you can deal a lot of damage without getting damage

if you have experience with bee queen you can try to kite her with a mag, takes a lot of time but you save a lot of resources and, imo, is fun

also i try to fight her every spring to take advantage of the morning star but when i do this i dont use fire staff

you can use a combination of speed to split her from her bees with beekeeper hat+marble suit to tank her when she is isolate

the most important thing is to understand how each phase works and learn her range atack plus evade stepping on the honey trails

13 minutes ago, Ohan said:

6 players holding F :lol:

sad but true. Most bosses are a faceroll if there is +4players... is actually more interesting to play this game alone or with 2 or 3 players than with tons pacticipating on everything xD

i only played 3 times in pubs and one of them was so hilarious since we rushed beequeen and dragonfly without even having healing stuff xD

On 10/13/2021 at 3:36 PM, Meneervis said:

Is there any deeper connection to the older characters (Maxwell, Wanda and somewhat Wickerbottom) and their involvement in magic? Is it just convenience that the 3 eldest characters are the most knowledgeable in that area?

Is Maxwell old? He always just looked like an adult to me.

• Like 2

Just now, CameoAppearance said:

He does call himself "old" a couple times, although that might be referring to how long he spent on the Nightmare Throne instead of his physical or pre-Constant age.

He also complains about his bones, and eating too much salt

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord of Bunwich said:

Webber can do it, but has trouble with losing Spiders in her final phase.

With a good enough setup (~15 dens) and enough spiders, you usually won't lose too many spiders to BQ.

Around 10 nurses, a whole lot of spitters and warriors (which are fairly renewable from cave dens and tier 2/3 dens), and a Webby Whistle, you can finish off BQ in about 5 mins with just running around and fake-attacking with a boomerang. The dens around BQ will give additional spider-y support against the grumble bees.

My personal experience is that, I lose around 2 spitters and some warriors in every BQ fight, which can be replenished by venturing once down the caves and scouring for loose tier 2/3 dens on the overworld. I also sometimes just take them from the dens beside BQ  just right before a fight.

Edited by zacqiang
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay seriously, when are we going to get an ETA on Hallowed Nights starting? They don’t even have to say anything or reveal anything, just a “Hallowed Nights is coming next week” would be nice lol.

I had really expected it to come out today, the 21st seems a little late for a Halloween update...

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay seriously, when are we going to get an ETA on Hallowed Nights starting? They don’t even have to say anything or reveal anything, just a “Hallowed Nights is coming next week” would be nice lol.

It'll probably come out sometime over the weekend

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Cheggf said:

He's not necessarily old like Wickerbottom, you're right. But I don't think anyone outside of Wicker/Wanda is older than him either. I'd say he could range anywhere from 40-55 tbh

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Meneervis said:

He's not necessarily old like Wickerbottom, you're right. But I don't think anyone outside of Wicker/Wanda is older than him either. I'd say he could range anywhere from 40-55 tbh

I think he just looks evil, not old. To me he looks the same age as all the other adults like Wolfgang, but he's got a few stress wrinkles because he's stressed out and evil looking. I guess I can see how he could look a little older though.

• Like 4
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

I think he just looks evil, not old. To me he looks the same age as all the other adults like Wolfgang, but he's got a few stress wrinkles because he's stressed out and evil looking. I guess I can see how he could look a little older though.

fair! it's the receding hairline for me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Screenshots_2021-10-15-13-57-49.png

• Like 2

I assumed Maxwell was 60 due to me assuming there's a 30 year age gap between him and Wilson. Which would work to show a generational gap between the characters. Same with the balding, the time period(1906 compared to Wilson's 1920).

And Charlie is good at hiding her age. :wilson_sneaky:

59da493b095ca_Webbersaysthedarnestthings.thumb.png.08a1e6fb29e5a01759b98a447dba768f.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

50 minutes ago, lunaseaa said:

How do you know? (I'm not trying to say you're lying or anything, I'm just excited for the event lol)

If I had to take a rough guess I’ll say this Thursday.. but here’s what’s throwing me off: The October Update is currently in Beta Phase on PC, there’s not an awful lot to this beta phase except a persistent chat log & a actual pause button in the game.

Unlike the QoL that came before it that let you toggle more or less of any particular mob or almost any element within the game

We got THAT QoL out of beta phase and to the Public branch before this current Beta- Now maybe I’m underestimating how much work goes into these two updates but I am also not entirely convinced Klei isn’t stalling for time- As In if what’s currently in the beta was ALL that’s coming with Hallowed Nights then obviously the update should’ve already been out by now… right?

But- some leaked skins seem to suggest there’s at the very least some new skin sets coming with this update.

If I had to take an educated guess- I would say there still trying to do that quote “new never before thing they had planned for October” 

And IF that is the case: We may not actually see the Update until the last possible date they can get it out- Eitherway- A Halloween Update has to happen before Halloween or else it’s just not a Halloween update.

So they’ve still got a week or two.. ;) but I won’t wait much longer then that.

(and please for the love of god don’t release on PC but Delay for console! :wilson_cry:)

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:46 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Okay seriously, when are we going to get an ETA on Hallowed Nights starting?

Judging by the previous Hallowed Nights' release dates, we'll be getting it on Thursday, 21st to be exact. And an announcement coming pretty soon, last one was about a day before the update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lunaseaa said:

How do you know? (I'm not trying to say you're lying or anything, I'm just excited for the event lol)

They usually release their updates for Halloween around the second week of October.  Well, that's what the forums told me last year.

• Like 2

There are Three (if you count what’s currently in Beta Two..) Things left on Klei’s 2021 roadmap-

A QoL Update (which is in Beta Now & expected to release with Hallowed Nights)

The Wolfgang Rework which is coming in December.. 

And a game content update which only leaves November for that to fit into the schedule.

So.. has there been any news at all released about this upcoming content update? And.. do you guys think maybe we get more details about that with the Hallowed Nights announcement? (They always tease a what’s coming next.)

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There are Three (if you count what’s currently in Beta Two..) Things left on Klei’s 2021 roadmap-

A QoL Update (which is in Beta Now & expected to release with Hallowed Nights)

The Wolfgang Rework which is coming in December.. 

And a game content update which only leaves November for that to fit into the schedule.

So.. has there been any news at all released about this upcoming content update? And.. do you guys think maybe we get more details about that with the Hallowed Nights announcement? (They always tease a what’s coming next.)

feather pencil update

于 2021/7/26 于 AM1:13, Sunset Skye 说道:

在瓦罐食谱中,蔬菜有时被用作面粉的替代品。 参见:青蛙三明治、藤壶扁面条、黄油松饼等。

我不知道它是否有名字,但这 绝对 是一个固定装置,它们完美地放置在网格上。 DS 中甚至还有一个奇怪的版本,它有 野屋, 但可以在 RoG 中生成!! 预先合并的制作实际上是在 SW 之外获得 Wildbores 的唯一方法,我记得磨练世界寻找一个具有该设置的基础的世界。

bunnyman也有这样的屋子布局,只遇到过一次

On 10/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, Cheggf said:

I think before the constant he must have been in his early 50’s which by today’s standards is middle aged not old, however in the early 1900’s (the time from which he comes from) a person in the early 50s would already be considered old, due to the shorter lifespan of people of the time.

He is now unnaturally old due to having existed eons in the constant, but he still looks to be in his early 50’s since people don’t seem to age there.

I think Charlie was just younger than him, probably in her late 30’s.

• Like 6