Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Is there a key to open the log during the game other than the command for opening the console? The log displayed when console is open shows some things, but seems to not really update all information. Console in singleplayer DS shows a whole bunch of processes in the log, like trees growing, idle entities being deleted and stuff, that does not seem to appear in the console log of DST.

2 hours ago, JeezSorry said:

How to mass collect bat wings better?

houndius shoots bats down pretty fast and easy, it's expensive but it's a one time investment
you can also have bunnies penned up and surround your cave entrance but you have to be careful not to get too close and get bit when picking up wings and meat

my own question for anyone to answer: can a dedicated server still run if the host's pc is turned off? might be a silly question but i just want to make sure of an answer, one way or another

7 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

can a dedicated server still run if the host's pc is turned off?

No, but I ran one about 3 years ago when my computer was on sleep mode, the world still ran

(That was a weird world)

On 10/5/2021 at 9:21 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I still want my previous question answered WHAT IS THAT?!?! 

I'm asking the same thing

Ooh what's ur username on Xbox, I want FRIENDS ( •̀ᴗ•́ )و ̑̑

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

My gamer tag for Xbox is Riplings, But- Now I have another question to ask, why is getting a purely cosmetic pet den critter tied to having to do an annoying boss fight? :( 

Trophy...

Something very common in videogames, make an effort and win something without a mechanical value

There is more content that you might enjoy if getting that pet isnt of your taste

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So less of a question but definitely doesn't deserve it's own thread, so I'll phrase it as one,

Why doesn't the Celestial Champion have a more cinematic death? Or at least zoom in on Wagstaff?

Fuel Weavers death feels massive, the way he is sucked into a strange vacuum as if he's been sealed away, watching the gateway swell and grow. And the the Champion just kinda falls over? If the Camera full focused on Wagstaff that would help a ton (instead of him being obstructed by the Champion), similar to the Gateway's zoom in

• Like 9

CFBD2CE4-6180-4F3E-9092-0B69A4E573F8.thumb.png.dd80d7ab4fc7f2fc09198923a26139cc.pngI have been getting some really good skin drops lately, has Klei already increased the skin drop chances for Hallowed Nights or am I just being incredibly lucky lately?

Snowfallen Warlys head, Street Peddler Tatters AND Fluttery Dress niceeee :D 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HumanBean150 said:

Can anyone give a short rundown / summary of what to do for the second phase of the Klaus fight?

I get pretty uncertain and it ends up being a clumsy mess of me killing him in exchange for a bunch of needless resources. 

What's the pattern for the second phase?

I assume you have perfect kiting for the first phase.

Klaus' second phase pattern is basically:

Lunge > Double Swipe > FIre/Ice attack > Lunge > Double Swipe > Howl > Repeat

From my experience, the howling part is a little gimmicky, sometimes he does it sometimes he doesn't. Usually my sequence of attacks are:

1. Kite his lunge and double swipes
  2. Hit 4 times then dodge his ice attack / hit 7-8 times until his fire attack comes up.
  3. Kite his lunge and double swipes.
  4. Tank until he does his next ice/fire attack, then repeat steps 2-4. Get some distance to heal if you need to.

I usually bring 4 football helms + 20 pierogis, and I don't even use up all of them during the fight. A fresh hambat + walking cane + 2 fresh lanterns give a lot of flexible space to fight him as well throughout the night since you can drop the lanterns wherever you need light (only when you do not have access to the star caller staff / any ruins gear yet).

P.S. since I'm not a pro, I can't perfectly kite Klaus during his second phase, so my other option is to just tank him whenever needed in order to maximize DPS and shorten the time of the fight.

I hope this makes your fight easier, and good luck getting a Krampus sack!

Edited by zacqiang

5 hours ago, HumanBean150 said:

Can anyone give a short rundown / summary of what to do for the second phase of the Klaus fight?

I get pretty uncertain and it ends up being a clumsy mess of me killing him in exchange for a bunch of needless resources. 

What's the pattern for the second phase?

Using the mag and/or roads to kite helps a lot

You can kite him like the 1st phase, just pay attentio, he always scream before lunges. Just move back when he screams and he wont be able to reach you 

What is the prefab name for Woodie's weremoose form? I tried to spawn uncontrollable character in weremoose form with "weremoose", but it didn't work, wiki doesn't contain this information either (or I can't find it), and I can't turn spawned Woodie via feeding it moose idol. If weremoose Woodie can't be spawned for some reason, does anybody know if he can be forcefully fed healing food by other player or healed with healing salve/honey poultice/other non-food healing item?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

What is the prefab name for Woodie's weremoose form? I tried to spawn uncontrollable character in weremoose form with "weremoose", but it didn't work, wiki doesn't contain this information either (or I can't find it), and I can't turn spawned Woodie via feeding it moose idol. If weremoose Woodie can't be spawned for some reason, does anybody know if he can be forcefully fed healing food by other player or healed with healing salve/honey poultice/other non-food healing item?

Woodie's forms are not seperate prefabs.

you should be able to get moose woodie by running,

c_spawn("woodie").components.wereeater:ForceTransformToWere("moose")

• Thanks 1

Is there a limit of existing/discovered Sunken Treasures per map? I've read in past 4 discovered treasure per player would be a set bar, but is it applicable for all map and players seeking treasures via Pearl's Bottles? From experience it seems discovered treasures are actually shared among players, since 2-or-more can/will discover same Sunken Chests.

What is the "Intended" way to deal with Bee Queen? Soloing her seems painful, Spiders, Pigs, and Bunnymen get spooked for AGES by her scream, which she spams in the final phase, leaving mainly Wurt, Winona, and Wendy to take her out. Webber can do it, but has trouble with losing Spiders in her final phase.

Since she's the gatekeeper for the Bundle Wrap recipe, knowing how to take her out as any character is important. Bunnymen are accessible enough, but I'm wondering what other strategies are applicable. Maybe Deerclops? Fire?

Basically, what's the "Developer Intended" method of fighting Bee Queen?