Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

Honestly my only quibble with the current airlock system is the bottle emptier/pitcher pump system. They're fine in early game but by midgame I'm always irritated that I need to keep open air areas with liquids to supply research and clean up spills. I'd *love* a building that let you dispense bottles of a specific size and put them back straight into a pipe, though that still leaves needing to use a bottle emptier to build an airlock (at least without a way to deliver objects to a place of your choosing, another feature I'd really appreciate-using dupe labor not a conveyor belt). At least then you would only need to empty a known number of bottles.

17 minutes ago, Thanatos994 said:

Honestly my only quibble with the current airlock system is the bottle emptier/pitcher pump system. They're fine in early game but by midgame I'm always irritated that I need to keep open air areas with liquids to supply research and clean up spills. I'd *love* a building that let you dispense bottles of a specific size and put them back straight into a pipe, though that still leaves needing to use a bottle emptier to build an airlock (at least without a way to deliver objects to a place of your choosing, another feature I'd really appreciate-using dupe labor not a conveyor belt). At least then you would only need to empty a known number of bottles.

I hope you know about Plumber dupe ability to empty pipe?

The only thing I am missing in the game is mechanical pressure valve that could be mounted in a wall and release pressure when above desire level. I guess I can only wish for that but if there are other members wishing for that feature maybe they could implement it? I think it would fit the game mechanics perfectly.

18 hours ago, cpy said:

I'd pay for HARD mode DLC.

I really hope that careless handling of uranium will bring swift revenge on the player.

Also, those wasps don't look very friendly, I hope they will be aggresive and force players to avoid/fight them

13 hours ago, iConflict said:

I am a bit concerned about making launching a rocket easier because it was always such a milestone to launch your first rocket. I would like it to remain something that is harder to do.

I'm really looking forward to launching a rocket being more intuitive. The game should be playable without needing to look up a tutorial for major milestones, and right now you can say that about everything except launching a rocket imo. I have some friends who have been waiting on ONI for a while and intend to buy it when it's next on sale, which will probably coincide with this DLC, so improvement on the new player experience would be appreciated. Plus, space-age materials are so useful but arrive so late that practically speaking it feels like you have already bent over backwards to do everything without them by the time you get to have them.

and... new PC acquired... is Klein going to reimburse me on the money dropped on the PC for this? 

soon we will have nuclear items in ONI, does that mean nuclear war soon between planets? lol

7 minutes ago, LZ96 said:

does that mean nuclear war soon between planets?

I believe that ONI is not a war game, so this may not see the final release...

But it would be really cool if radioactive elements had several applications except energy and research, so the players were forced to choose between them

1 minute ago, pether said:

I believe that ONI is not a war game, so this may not see the final release...

But it would be really cool if radioactive elements had several applications except energy and research, so the players were forced to choose between them

its more on the joke side.. but yea, i been waiting for radioactive end-products ever since someone first discovered uranium in ONI few years ago.

This concept just feels right. I always wished I could colonize the whole system, harsh and hazardous destinations for resource purposes and comfortable / habitable locations for growth.

Really looking forward to another several hundred hours of enjoyment. 

Im waiting for the Gravitas facility DLC
a DLC about how they created the printer, dupes (or humans in their time) arrives through rockets (a single rocket will serve as a printer) and the task is to explore the map and other asteroid get those unique materials in building the printer leading to the rise and fall of gravitas. Though I love the codex about their past, but I would really love being in there shoes and how they made it through.

30 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

Im waiting for the Gravitas facility DLC
a DLC about how they created the printer, dupes (or humans in their time) arrives through rockets (a single rocket will serve as a printer) and the task is to explore the map and other asteroid get those unique materials in building the printer leading to the rise and fall of gravitas. Though I love the codex about their past, but I would really love being in there shoes and how they made it through.

Origins DLC maybe will be called 

I guess the new radium would not be availble at the starting asteroids. This would encourage you to build rocket to other asteriod to get it. 

And maybe the trailer is showing a colonised asteriods, the launching pad is a small version only used at colony asteriods, because you dont need to fuel it.

Oh, then you may need to supply the colony by sending food and oxygen, and return with some rare ores finally. The most important thing I think is too ensure smooth switching between asteriods and not too long saving time.

@Ipsquiggle: Sorry about the late question, but i think there is another question left unanswered. Maybe you can clarify.

The way i read your post sounds more like a "traditional" dlc release where the contents are already more or less in wraps. Is my interpretation on that correct or will we see another early access phase for the dlc, where we will have the opportunity to chip in on the development and enjoy yet another ride on the monthly-update-release-train?

Is the radiation going to be as harmless as the current disease system is? I mean I havent built ore scrubbers or hand sanitizers in god knows how many colonies and only really bother with atmo suits for oil cause its a bit hot down there?

Archived