Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

maybe I should not say this, but I so anxious to get out a beta and @watermelen671mine it all xD

__

in reality I think it’s a specie of glass drywall, since when the camera goes up you can see that there are different sizes and behind the new construction there, and it’s also repeated in glass blocks just above

@GnyoR

image.png.5f512b7a6459f1ca785657ae7c6c792b.png

8 hours ago, OxCD said:

Klei, seriously, do you think it's a reasonable airlock ???

Pwaaaa ! Noooobs !

image.png.89823d42670808fd3c8cfa10fcb66a68.png

The hype is here, We're all ready to give a big welcome to this addon of what is already a masterpiece. I'm hopping up and down...

I think it's like the mod, the airlock door will block the gas, check the other room, like the one with natural gas, there's only a door and doesn't seems to have any natural gas in the base. :)

14 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Group 2.png

Spaceship travel time! How cool would it be if a rocket would have a small map (like other colonies), where we have to setup life support systems ourselves :). Probably not gonna happen, but I'd love it.

11 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

yea-  its lagging a lot as is.   getting multiple colonies is going to be something.     

It may actually be far easier. If they make the individual maps smaller and just keep the combined size, they then have a lot of loosely coupled areas. That is the trick to get simple coarse-grain parallelism: Just assign a core to each area. Also, _all_ way-finding (dupes, but also pipes) will work on far smaller areas, making that a lot faster as well. 

Personally, I never really use more than, say, 30% of the current map-size, but paths, ladders, pipes, thermal exchange, liquid and gas mechanics, etc. go on all over the whole visible map. 

I expect that this design change will mostly and maybe completely eliminate the performance problems at least on current hardware. True, people stuck at 4 cores may not see that much of a benefit, but even they should see some. And fake cores from hyperthreading can very well be used on colonies currently in the background, where any lag they introduce (because they are much slower) does not matter much.

1 hour ago, c2h5oc2h5 said:

Spaceship travel time! How cool would it be if a rocket would have a small map (like other colonies), where we have to setup life support systems ourselves :). Probably not gonna happen, but I'd love it.

Also, a second small rocket with that original "slapped together semi-competently" Oni look!

image.png.1aeb7d0622391a5142842187f0c5456b.png

I predict these will actually serve as automated supply lines between colonies.

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Will radiation included bodily harm and mutations?

I sure hope so! Beneficial mutations (third arm, short-range teleportation, etc.) as well as negative ones (regular vomiting, only one arm, glows in the dark and hence wakes itself up, etc.)!

There have been added more and more radioactivity related elements to the game lately:

The code contains:
UraniumOre,

DepletedUranium,

EnrichedUranium,

MoltenUranium.

And now it adds radioactivity too. And the buildings in the background of the first image look much like nuclear reactors.

So i think everyone can guess whats coming :) - for what the centrifuge will be used.

I only hope klei will add a real sealed airlock instead of just using two doors at the top of the colony.

23 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Question , the Vanilla game will include the space rework or is part of the DLC ? i think must be included in the Vanilla. 

I don't think colonizing other asteroids will be in vanilla--that's really the sell for the DLC

But I would imagine a lot of the rework of how rockets are built/function will make it into Vanilla, which I'm excited enough for cause being able to have rockets earlier in the game for space age materials sounds amazing

25 minutes ago, Thanatos994 said:

I don't think colonizing other asteroids will be in vanilla--that's really the sell for the DLC

But I would imagine a lot of the rework of how rockets are built/function will make it into Vanilla, which I'm excited enough for cause being able to have rockets earlier in the game for space age materials sounds amazing

Dont you think that if you have the space rockets already , they must include the space rework in the vanilla update, thinking that they already programmed all that stuff and is part of the base game ? , maybe the DLC will come with the Nuclear update only ( bugs , materials, buildings, plants and planets. )

37 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Dont you think that if you have the space rockets already , they must include the space rework in the vanilla update, thinking that they already programmed all that stuff and is part of the base game ?

Not necessarily, no. The way rocket missions work now and the way they would work with asteroid colonies could be exactly the same from the perspective of your starting colony-send rocket up, get rocket back. There's no need for the base game to include asteroid colonies, plus that level of extra complication is perfect fodder for dlc because it's not very newbie friendly--new players will have a hard enough time getting space materials without needing to run a whole extra colony to do so. 

I really hope the new radiation mechanics let us build even more awesome "super machines" like the sour gas boiler.

Like if we focus the radiation into one spot, and inject superhot hydrogen, we get a fusion reactor. 

SQUEEE!!!!!

(runs around with sparkling joy reaction) 

9 minutes ago, speckle21 said:

I really hope the new radiation mechanics let us build even more awesome "super machines" like the sour gas boiler.

Like if we focus the radiation into one spot, and inject superhot hydrogen, we get a fusion reactor. 

SQUEEE!!!!!

(runs around with sparkling joy reaction) 

I wonder if there will be possible scenario's where this will lead to you instantly melting your entire asteroid 

1 minute ago, Lilscratchy said:

I wonder if there will be possible scenario's where this will lead to you instantly melting your entire asteroid 

I HOPE SO!!!

It would make the multiple-colony mechanic even more awesome!

Build one of those asteroid melters on say a metal rich asteroid, set it to count down and then escape by rocket. The entire asteroid is melted and refined into high quality metal and you come back and pick up for use. 

Archived