Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

12 hours ago, aresd said:

I think that Clay is determined to make a profit and DLC will be very strongly integrated into the game, reminding of itself on every square centimeter of the screen. Still, ONI - this is not a multiplayer game in which you can buy a paid add-on just to look higher in status in front of a neighbor on the server - "look, I could afford to buy a nuclear power plant. And you are - no" No one will buy what looks like an addon downloaded from a workshop. In singlemode, this mechanic just doesn't work. Well, only if the devoted fans who update the forum five times a day and cannot pee without looking at the open forum page on the phone display. Glues are people like us who want to eat, dress in nice clothes and take their family on vacation. With a small loyal fan base, two layers of caviar on the bread definitely cannot be spread))

I dunno. If it's not expensive and it's cute why not? KLEI's put a LOT of work into this game since launch. I'm supper happy to support it, and making it better. This is probably my favorite game of all time.

Dev time takes money. This is somewhat of a niche game. Given the choice between more content paid for by silly hats and the game just retiring I'd definitely take more content :)

1 hour ago, spkthed said:

I dunno. If it's not expensive and it's cute why not? KLEI's put a LOT of work into this game since launch. I'm supper happy to support it, and making it better. This is probably my favorite game of all time.

Dev time takes money. This is somewhat of a niche game. Given the choice between more content paid for by silly hats and the game just retiring I'd definitely take more content :)

Nobody argues with this point of view. I just explained that DLC is likely to be heavily integrated into the main game. Because a commercial company is interested in profit, which means they will motivate this majority to buy. If in multiplayer you can play on the usual human sense of superiority ("I have a beautiful hat on the hero, but you don't" - the classic example is Dota), then in a single player game it is much more difficult to motivate the user to buy add-ons)

2 hours ago, aresd said:

I just explained that DLC is likely to be heavily integrated into the main game. Because a commercial company is interested in profit, which means they will motivate this majority to buy.

I think they could handle it like Don`t Starve. They integrated a new character to the base game and added some things from together (Beffalo taming).

They could use the opportunity to fix the bugs with rockets in the base game but only add new spaceships in the DLC. They could kee the linear space for the base game or even add the hex map but without the DLC funcionallity so they are still getting mined the same way. So basically we could get some mechanics changed but the new buildings would remain locked behind the DLC.

14 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I think they could handle it like Don`t Starve. They integrated a new character to the base game and added some things from together (Beffalo taming).

They could use the opportunity to fix the bugs with rockets in the base game but only add new spaceships in the DLC. They could kee the linear space for the base game or even add the hex map but without the DLC funcionallity so they are still getting mined the same way. So basically we could get some mechanics changed but the new buildings would remain locked behind the DLC.

Pretty much. They already said the base game will get some things, but the full package including revamped space needs the DLC. 

16 hours ago, aresd said:

I just explained that DLC is likely to be heavily integrated into the main game. Because a commercial company is interested in profit

Another way to say this is Klei is interested in providing the best game they can ;)

Otherwise agree.

14 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I think nobody that likes ONI will need to be motivated to buy the DLC. This is not a "normal" game.

Good news. In 2025 we will find out for sure :D

We'r all positives, but i'm so thirsty of any informations about the dlc...
It make me more and more nervous every day. Each day, i look at the forum and hope, to have only a small message like this : 

Hey ! We are alive (well almost) we have exhausted our stock of coffee but the dlc is advancing slowly but surely. 
It will even be on schedule. Thank you all, for your wait. And with those words, I must leave. My team need me. 
WOoooosh, Ipsquiggle fly away.

Kley please, help us, before we all blow up :)

2 hours ago, FailSyst3m said:

We'r all positives, but i'm so thirsty of any informations about the dlc...
It make me more and more nervous every day. Each day, i look at the forum and hope, to have only a small message like this : 

Hey ! We are alive (well almost) we have exhausted our stock of coffee but the dlc is advancing slowly but surely. 
It will even be on schedule. Thank you all, for your wait. And with those words, I must leave. My team need me. 
WOoooosh, Ipsquiggle fly away.

Kley please, help us, before we all blow up :)

then help knock to the window)

When info about DLC came out, I started new playthrough to catch up, and maybe do 100% achievements run. I failed on Volcania, with colony cooked ~cycle 300, but now I see that the rush was not needed - I am wondering if I am able to do 100% oasis run before DLC or not?

1 minute ago, Gurgel said:

I wonder whether this was prophetic for what is currently happening at Klei:

I thought it is a normal weekday in Klei))

3 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

September, I wonder when will they announce the early access to DLC 

None of the developers talked about early access for DLC. This is just an assumption of the inhabitants of the forum

4 hours ago, Rainbowdesign said:

i doubt there will be an early access the game itself is stable and the dlc likely stable enough to not need ea.

also it would be time for an ea now.

Given that Klei is about as responsive as a dead Dupe at the moment, I do not think we can make any predictions about the timing. 

2 hours ago, suicide commando said:

They ticked all the boxes on 'How to do a remaster properly' there.

Since "they" is not 100% ea that did it, I'll just assume it's like when Mötley Crüe does one of their comebacks... We can all appreciate it, but it's never gonna be Westwood because the devil won't unchain its prey and it will never go home (sweet home).

1 hour ago, Rainbowdesign said:

You mean like hostile takeover of a certain company by a certain company rumors?

That terrible M.O. ... We hates them ...

Seriously, the only good thing that ever came out of it all is the surplus when you need spare parts to repair an SNES cart... and NBA jam 95.

Besides the originals, I liked RA2& Yuri's revenge, played it with friends enough to see daybreak on many occasions. C&C3:TW was RTS joy as well as good eye candy.  Generals - meh... Bro tip, the regular C&C3 keys will work on a Kane edition. RA3 was okayish, but fell short and felt like going from sugar to a substitute.

I eventually got C&C the first decade, great collectible.

I did receive C&C4, played it, finished it. Never touched it again. I'd rather play generals (maybe, but won't)...

I have a paranoid feeling that EA will always look for a way to add "surprise mechanics" into anything they touch. This makes me avoid them and anything they produce like the plague (doesn't mean I haven't given them a nickle or two, see above). Don't get me started on DRM.

But hey, at least it's not Dis**y or Nin***do for that matter. (Names sensibly scratched out to avoid any gazes from Mordor) I have a feeling that if the Westwood IP had fallen into big-N's turf we wouldn't even get a remake because all fandom would be squashed - mercilessly.

I had scraped this off the web just yesterday, didn't think I'd get to use it today:

Spoiler

349776343_wretchedea.thumb.jpg.3340b7d746650e4a75e09df18ea046e2.jpg

Getting back on topic: Yes, I'm also waiting for the ONI DLC (I would call it expansion - for reasons) It'd be great to have the devs chime in from time to time or release a doomsday counter "update" into the game just to troll a bit... Or even just releasing mini patches into the game that'd just increase the game version, lol...

What I'm getting at is we're eager for news and will devour any info worse than a pacu does algae. (If I get a chance to take a jab at EA I will do it too.)

Archived