What do you think dst lacks?

What aspect of the game do you think is the most lacking?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What aspect of the game do you think is the most lacking?

• Survival (exploration)
    • Survival (resources)
    • Survival (fighting)
    • Survival (character's stats etc)
    • Atmosphere (ambiance)
    • Atmosphere (flora and fauna interactions)
    • Atmosphere (in-game world, biomes etc)
    • Creativity (magabese building)
    • Creativity (making own biomes, setpieces etc)
    • Bosses

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

snip

I think the game could refresh some biomes and add some new content! Rocky and Savannah biomes are pretty boring in my opinion, My favourite biome is the deciduous since I think it has just the right amount of stuff for nice content packed biome.

Evolution of the world.

Like, bad things making survival harder after fuelweaver fight, or the pigs slowly evolving as a society as the world advances, like wearing their own hats, tending their own wild crops, etc. With enough time we could even see a small tribe of pigs appear at some places that even have warrior pigs using spears, and a witch doctor pig, armed with an ice staff, or weird stuff like that.

It could extend to other races like seeing parties of bunnymen exploring the surface world, or groups of merms in a boat exploring the ocean, and claiming islands for themselves.

Wild crops could also randomly grow where now only carrots grow, and the type of crops that randomly appear could also change depending with the season.

I think the game lacks different fighting mechanics. It is mostly hit 3x run back and repeat until enemy is dead. why cant there be a new mechanic which needs other ways of dealing with an enemy or the environment. like a puzzle game which is randomly so you cant learn the pattern or a jumping game where you need to jump from one place to the other or a skill game where you need to click something in a pattern or a memory game type of mechanic. i mean there are endless possibilities which could make things fresh and different but they are not used too much.

i would love to see something fresh and different built into the base game. imagine you are playing a memory game against pig king and if you loose you die or loose something important and if you win you get a special reward. or they can use a sanity mechanic where you have to fight monsters in your dreams but not with melee weapons. with your mind. like they could ask you a quiz or what not. :D

Honestly creativity is lacking imo, it's mainly just square bases with everything organized in squares, and it feels impossible to make custom biomes or natural areas due to world regrowth.

I'd love some way(without mods) to block out world regrowth in an area.

It’s lacking biome variety found in DS Solo and its various expansions. Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge & Forge themed biomes.. I want them, You all know I want them, and I can only hope Klei seriously considers it at some point.

I NEVER got to play the Gorge or the Forge Events... but looking at screenshots/gameplay of the two those both had some really unique interesting looking plants, tree’s, flaming rivers, etc...Stuff that PC players can enjoy all day long with Mods, but strip all that out and go back to strictly core DST Gameplay content- And you’ll discover what it’s missing most of all is those extra biomes, and different types of enemy mobs.

It lacks realism imo. I mean, DST should have more cookpot recipes and crops (like in Feast and Famine mod), more crags to decrease this total flatness of game world (which can be destoyed by gunpowder, for example), more post-endgame content (for instance, pig/bunnyman evolution, like ShadowDuelist already said), etc.

I voted on the creative side, simply because there are multiple unfun mechanics for megabasing that could pretty easily be patched/updated without much effort that ruin a lot of issues with basing. In particular, here are a select few I especially struggle with after  5000 days:

• There is still no reliable way to obtain infinite light, with the extreme exception of the oasis fireflies. This is especially sucky in a DST context, because the glowcaps allow for a variety of cool colors that can really spruce up a significant amount of builds. I feel like the easiest solution would be klaus dropping an additional gift wrap that contains 3-4 festive lights, so you could progressively get light as the world ages without waiting for an event that comes for 1/12th of the year. The other solution would be simply making the mushlights/glowcaps not perish anything in them, which would be really nice.
  • Some recipes are really bad for lategame. Particular ones include ridiculous cost of moon rock walls (where you get 12 for 4). Even thulecite walls have a 1 to 6 ratio. Others I especially struggle with are refining and using boards (especially if you are using a lot of manmade turf), or making marble beans.
  • WORLD REGROWTH. This mechanic single handedly kills 85% of creative builds you could try with natural turf, because in a year or so that area is going to have a bunch of random trees and plants evreywhere that do not contribute to the build. It’s especially terrible in forests, where the dense cluster of trees translates to being in your build. The worst thing about it is there is technically a mechanic that stops stuff from regrowing within a 20 unit radius of structures, but this is not valid for the 2 main regrowth methods: the regrowth than spawns from other trees, and the regrowth that slowly comes with the world. I’ve tried bug reporting it, but it seems the devs are busy so I haven’t really gotten a response. Changing the mechanic to include those two would easily clear up a lot of issues I have with megabasing.
  • Petrification of trees, while nice, absolutely destroys using evergreens for decor, which is unfortunate because they look really nice for a “natural” look. My solution to this is only petrifying trees world regrowth/the game spawns with and not the ones you plant, as there is already a significant amount of trees the world can petrify.
  • Disease existing hurts for a multitude of reasons, but one especially is for decor. I know there’s a lot of talk about it, but one solution that would fix most issues is to only allow a plant to start diseasing if it has been fertilized more then once or picked multiple times. That way, you could have plants for decor without worrying about the issues of disease.

Aside from the endgame, I’m not sure how I would go about the early game. I don’t really enjoy mechanics that the game forces upon you (like antlion...) and I’m never one to think of ideas unless there is usually a base for them. And, as of right now, it seems like RoT has a solid foundation, and I am just waiting on what they will add.

I think that one elevation idea could add a whole new level of depth to DST! Just imagine one randomly generated, gigantic mountain with it's own biomes/mobs the further you climb up, with smaller elevated sites sprinkled through the world. Pierce the clouds!

Another thing I'd love to see, is just more islands in general. I'm in full support of seeing new ecosystems, breathing environments, and flora, both in the mainland and in new locals.

(Also, I'd really like to see the Elder Bog return as it's own island. The Gorge's environment was tragic yet beautiful, and I'd love to see the return of Billy and Mumsy. :D)

I swear to god only thing that lacks in public servers is that people don't start with 3 flints. 

And that is pretty annoying issue if you play with 10+ people group that scavenge every flint on entire surface and caves.

If i somehow magically manage to find any flint or anyone with it, i will just never lose ever.

The game heavily lacks of freedom in my opinion. Don't starve together is *suppose* to be uncompromising survival but everytime what klei releases is discoverd in like 1 week, if not under 1 day. also the whole aspect of Don't starve together needs a rework. bosses such as dragonfly, ancient guardian can be cheesed and no one cares if you play fair or not. kiting is literally the only reason fighting exist and even then tanking pretty much is the same. we need more elements such as electric exist. everything gets fast and boring as soon as you did everything and you repeat the same thing over and over again.

Edit: Look at the Don't starve dlcs they have world weep, sprinkler. these things ported into Dont starve together or similar items could be great and it would be very cool.

Conclusion: Don't starve together needs rework of itself.

Better animal farming mechanics. 

There's a lot of animals that are really interesting to farm. Volt Goats for example. I wish there was a way of milking them for example or breeding them in way that was interesting in an interesting. Like Beefalo, you could get little cute billy goats. Same for other animals, like No-Eyed deer. 

Also, pets. Critters suck. They suck big time. 

21 minutes ago, emin61 said:

Don't starve together is *suppose* to be uncompromising survival but everytime what klei releases is discoverd in like 1 week, if not under 1 day

In what game does that not happen? People will pick at everything in an update and discover what it has to offer. DST is still an uncompromising survival, if you think it's gotten easy. Congratulations! You've learned the game! It's still hard for most of the player community

23 minutes ago, emin61 said:

kiting is literally the only reason fighting exist and even then tanking pretty much is the same

I don't understand this argument, the reason for fighting is to get resources from mobs and kill off danger.

24 minutes ago, emin61 said:

we need more elements such as electric exist.

Hey that's fair! I would love if Klei expands on the concept of electricity!

24 minutes ago, emin61 said:

everything gets fast and boring as soon as you did everything and you repeat the same thing over and over again.

That seems to be your opinion, I still enjoy playing the game after thousands of hours! By having different playstyles, different little challenges I give to myself, I still have so much to play from this game!

25 minutes ago, emin61 said:

Edit: Look at the Don't starve dlcs they have world weep

What's world weep?

Survival overall.Sadly in my opinion the survival aspect of the game got forgoten in favor of optional and cosmetic stuff.

Long version -

I want the creepy and unknown feeling of this game to be back... I want something to want to kill me and not begin optional. I want a real survival game where it is hard to survive even if you camp at base. But all of the new content is ... - you won't expirience it if you don't go there. Making all of it optional, and the core gameplay remains the same ...

I want a reason to go and expirience that optional content (the volcano from SW is a good example).Content that you need to do/beat in order to make your survival easier...

At the moment I can play all I want in my base without going far aways from it and every patch won't add any new danger to my survival ... It will just add stuff that are optional and I can survival endlessly with all the same old content attacking me... This makes the game boring for me.

I have to give credit to the different resources and diseasse and stone trees but that update was a year(or years) ago. I want more content like this something that will have an effect on my survival even if I stay at my base . Even if I don't go looking for it.

I want a DLC level of content ... I'm willing to pay for it. The content drops are good but sadly too little and they change too little...

I want the game to rely less on content related from single player. I want the game to feel like its own with its own unique game that has the same foudation but is completely different from the single player counterpart. If I wanted to play with single player content, I would play single player.

Archived