Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

32 minutes ago, KCDA said:

> Abby gets stronger as she stays alive.

Could honestly be pretty good. Definitely helps goes against Abby spam, and pre-crafting Flowers to make a new Abby the milisecond one dies.

This does however encourage a Wendy player to constantly have Abby spawned... Mixed bag, I'll really have to play around with it to make a call on it.

> Abby's power is TIED TO Wendy's HP. Lower HP = Stronger.

This could honestly make or break Wendy as a whole. If Wendy is at 100% HP, is Abby WEAKER than she currently is (at ect time of day) ??? If so, Abby could be seen as near-useless most of the time...

It could really encourage Wendy players to be in one-shot range of pretty much any threat for the sake of a stronger Abigail. "High HP Abby isn't strong enough, I need to go eat some Monster Meat to lower my HP." Could cause a spike of over-competent Wendy's who over-rely on Abby to get one-shot randomly and die.

It's really a mixed bag, and as a Wendy main I'm honestly worried about it.

> Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.

PERFECT. Now if only we could get a 'park' option so Abby could stop getting in the way of me building entirely. It'd honestly be amazing if we could just have the ability to tell Abigail, "Stay girl, sit. Good girl!"

This is especially important since whenever I start to build, I either kill my Abigail immediately or just don't spawn her. An option to just keep her in one place would be amazing.

NEW DETAIL:

> Added one detail that we missed: Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd.  

I'm worried about the vague wording on this detail. It could mean one of two things:

1. Multi-target Abby is STRONGER than Single-target Abby. (But Single-target is still viable.)

2. Multi-target Abby is WEAKER than Single-target Abby. For example. -10% damage per additional mob?

The wording is super vague and worrying as it again, could make or break the character.

> Pipspooks can now be found roaming around gravestones.

> Wendy can commune with Pipspooks to help them find peace in exchange for Mourning Glory.

> Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.

Honestly this is probably the least invasive way to give Abigail some modifications (like Woodie's rework) and still have it be completely optional. It doesn't make the old system more confusing, and doesn't force players to use the new system. I like this. I will probably never go out of my way to augment my Abby, but you never know.

Thanks for having that completely optional. I highly approve of that.

TLDR: As a Wendy main, I've always been against the idea of a Wendy rework, seeing that she never needed nor deserved one. This rework though? Half of it is so vague it scares me to death, and the other half I absolutely love as it's small changes that are mostly optional.

Except Abigail now gets stronger the longer she has been summoned, and this power resets to being weaker again once she dies and is Resummoned again.

Which means the Flower Cycling Some Wendy Mains were used to *probably* ain’t going to work as well as it used to for them.

Meanwhile at the same exact time- Not only does Abby get stronger by staying alive, She also gets stronger the closer Wendy gets to death- So those two things will most likely stack.

Then there’s the Ectoherbology Crafting Tab....  Which we have absolutely no idea what THAT will do. But it sounds like Wendy gains some form of Currency for putting Restless souls at peace (Mourning Glory) and can Then spend that currency in her brand new crafting tab.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I’m so excited! I absolutely can not wait to try this Wendy Rework out! The 19th needs to hurry up and get here already!

Pretty sure Ectoherbology Is something like “spirit plant science/magic”.

Ecto- like ectoplasm

and herbology- from Wiktionary “The study of herbs and their medical properties, especially when combined.”

Especially since she uses Mourning glories to buff Abigail. At least that’s what I can extrapolate. 

I hope now we can force abi out of a fight with a damn tentacle with those new flower commands. Cus' I hate when she decides to fight one and refuses to leave it resulting in her defeat.

Curious about the elixirs and crafts. Looks like not much was changed and just nice new features with Abi. Hope it's worth the wait!

Also, do you think digging up graves should lower less sanity for her?

Oh and it sounds like Wendy was in danger but Abigail saved her at the cost of her own life. Tragic.

1 hour ago, Xenologist said:

@watermelen671 will you ask if there is going to be a pipsqueak pipspook?

Honestly, I'm just glad I was summoned here...because I would've been totally unaware until much later. :wilson_goodjob:

Spoiler

And besides, I got to be the 69th like. :wilson_sneaky:

image.png.4fe9ca2ecf2cf3d499df2f6637ae15fc.png

Also, I expect to see Long Island Medium Wendy edits in Maxwell memes otherwise I'm going to be very disappointed.

@JoeWDon’t know if anyone else has asked this yet, but will the March 19th update be only for the Wendy Refresh Without a new content update to replace Year of Carrat?

Technically speaking- Wendy Refresh would be considered a content update in of itself- But I was wondering if for Example Return of Them Update #4 or a new in-game event would be accompanying her? Or if we would have to wait another month or so on anything of that sort?

With many sporting events becoming straight up cancelled or held in controlled environments many people will be staying at home to avoid potential Covid-19 outbreak concerns and will be actively playing on their PC,Xbox or PS4 much more often then usual.

This could even potentially “crash” PSN and Xbox Live altogether due to how many users will be trying to log in

*currently having issues logging into XBL as I type this* 

@JoeW  And a few questions will Woodie's lore ever get an animation too? Since Wendy is getting the backstory she needs but Woodie got thrown into the dust with his rework which removed a huge chunk out of him with the sanity from trees and eating wood...   And How powerful will Abby and Wendy both be...?

Im a wendy main this seems like a super interesting rework. A lot of it is scaring me a bit but I habe faith in klei

Also I hope damage scaling to how hurt wendy is is a replacement to the day night cycle damage changes. That part im really iffy about though I hope its just some minor differences in damage

Archived