Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week!

5 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

@JoeW add my mod to the update!  since abby is getting power lets give her style!!!

Please don't, or at least have less strong visual differences from the regular look. I'm not against Abigail getting skins, but the ones in the mod are too much and look out of place in my opinion.

A question for klei, will telling abigail to stay close make her not attack things when we don't want her to?

Like will Wendy mains be able to make sure abigail doesn't get in the way of pig farming or bunnyman farming? If she still gets in the way of those then I can't see her ever getting really strong for me.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Some questions: 

-Are Pipspooks a new mob in the Constant? As in every other character can also encounter them

-If yes are they aggresive to non-Wendy characters? 

-Are Pipspooks ghosts of dead children? Cuz if yes that's cool. Fits ds/t creepiness well

If they are around when Wendy isn't, I'm really hoping there's some kind of interaction with other characters. It wouldn't feel right to have a new world element, but it only exists to serve a single purpose for a single character.

47 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

A question for klei, will telling abigail to stay close make her not attack things when we don't want her to?

Like will Wendy mains be able to make sure abigail doesn't get in the way of pig farming or bunnyman farming? If she still gets in the way of those then I can't see her ever getting really strong for me.

Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.

7 minutes ago, QrChuck said:

Pipton, Pipspooks. Did someone die?

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20180617010930

Yeah, no. Pipspook is a pun on pipsqueak and spook, cause they are tiny ghosts.

Everything about this refresh sounds great. Especially the part where Wendy encourages staying at low health, which is very different from the "keep health topped whenever possible" we're used to.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.

That does not really answer their question.

13 hours ago, JoeW said:

Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd.  

if this is gonne overpower woodie i will hate wendy to the ground.

36 minutes ago, emin61 said:

if this is gonne overpower woodie i will hate wendy to the ground.

Honestly she should, since Woodie is already good in plenty of other areas. Her being better won't take away Woodie's power either way.

14 hours ago, JoeW said:
  • Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak. 

When it comes out, newcomer Wendy players will automatically have the most powerful Abigail due to reduced max health. ;)

image.png.168954541534780136014c92b8e1bd4a.png

15 hours ago, JoeW said:
  • Wendy carries a flower that can summon her sister Abigail's spirit. 
  • Abigail's spirit gets stronger over time but starts over if she is destroyed.
  • Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak. 
  • Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.
  • Wendy does not lose sanity due to ghosts.
  • Pipspooks can now be found roaming around gravestones.
  • Wendy can commune with Pipspooks to help them find peace in exchange for Mourning Glory.
  • Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.
  • Wendy has reduced damage in combat, but suffers less sanity drain from auras and the dark.
  • Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd

God Save the Queen.

1 hour ago, Bird Up said:

I'm noticing that there is no mention of Abigail doing 40,20,10 damage during night,dusk,morning respectively. Does that mean that the time of day affecting Abigail's damage has been removed?

Seems to be. Looks like Abigail's damage output is controlled by Wendy's health level and how long she's been out.

The update looks interesting. My only fear is that will Abigail's flower still take as long to bloom? If you have to wait several days to bring Abigail out then have to wait again for her to "power up" before she's even useful.. that could be a problem.

33 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What I'm wondering the most is if we will still be able to create sanity stations with her reworked flower.

It seems unlikely. Perk descriptions allude to the flower staying in your inventory even while Abi is summoned (to issue stay/go commands). That suggests multiple flowers per Wendy will no longer be a thing, killing flower cycling and sanity stations.

2 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

When it comes out, newcomer Wendy players will automatically have the most powerful Abigail due to reduced max health. ;)

image.png.168954541534780136014c92b8e1bd4a.png

I believe abigail is stronger if wendy has more health. not if she has low health since you wouldnt want to run around with 1 hp would you?

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak. 

This, if it works as I think it may, could make beefalo rider Wendy even more desirable than it is now.

Not only ornery beefalo can compensate Wendy's lower damage output, but the beefalo's high HP could compensate most of the dangers for a low HP Wendy, thus keeping a better version of Abigail fighting.

Unless, this is time based (EG something like abigail only fights a lot stronger but during the first 3 minutes after your HP just dropped below 50%), which would suck.

3 minutes ago, emin61 said:

I believe abigail is stronger if wendy has more health. not if she has low health since you wouldnt want to run around with 1 hp would you?

The OP explicitly states it's the other way round. As it should be. It's a risk-reward mechanic.

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak.

@emin61 This line seems unambiguous, Abi will be stronger when Wendy is low. Running around with 1hp is totally doable, though I'd probably do ~16hp to survive surprise hits from Terrorbeaks and Depths Worms in the dark.

I think it’s less of a Risk vs Reward mechanic and more to make Wendy even more accessible to a beginning player.

Wendy for me always has been easier to play then Wilson, Wes, Wicker Etc due to having Abby fight for her. For example- Smack a Bee Nest or Spider Den Reap the results with no serious threat to Wendy.

And now that Abby gets stronger the closer Wendy gets to Dying this will only make staying alive for those newer players that much easier.

I imagine that for the experienced player stuff that it will be tied directly into her Ectoherbology crafting tab, where you need to commune with pipspook in exchange for Mourning Glory.

There will probably something in her Ectoherbolgy tab that likely even makes Abigail stronger regardless of Wendy’s HP.

I just simply can’t see Klei intentionally wanting everyone to run around with 1hp all the time.. but I could be wrong.

Guess we all only got 6 days left till we find out!

Archived