The Year of the Carrat Begins This Thursday!

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

With all these memes, we might get a mask for Hallowed Nights based on that skin alone.:wilson_ecstatic:

I’m 100% dead serious it reminds me of the masks from the really really really old (maybe not that old lol..) PlayStation One games Crash Bandicoot.

I don’t know if He still is or not but I know back during the Huge Console wars between Nintendo, Sega & Sony Crash was Playstations Mascot.

Nintendo Had Mario & Sega Sonic obviously..

But anyway for the people too young to remember the PlayStation One This is What I’m Talking about (sorry I can’t remember these Masks actual names)

FC2A3C9A-A082-414A-AF7C-34D2DA866B36.jpeg

Woww, an awesome set of item skins this year around, I really like the rustic aesthetic of most of these. A few more Verdant character skins could have went great with these but it might be asking too much at this point, all this content load for the Chinese New Year event is unbelievably good already.

And the event minigame sounds fun, I wonder if Klei plans to implement some aspects to it permanently into the game later in the year like they did with the pig king minigame- it could be a nice opportunity to add more content through these events and make add in a permanent way to make Carrats renewable rather than their very-open-to-extinction state right now.

Here is my set of notes on some of these skins:

- There are two Spear skins, one looking slightly more menacing, that might be Wigfrid's Battle Spear. Wonder if these spear skins will also double for Ice and Fire Staffs, I love their bat wing handle. So far most of the spear skins do double as staff skins but the refined spear skin does not so we shall see. Also the bat wings make me wonder if this update has anything on batilisks too since they are basically flying rats.

- Two backpacks, one for the Year of The Carrat and one with the aesthetic of Year Of the Pig King. I wonder if the pig one is a piggyback skin, it could be a good opportunity to give it one. Thought the ears resemble the piggyback, the skin looks more like a backpack than the pouch-like model of the regular piggyback so it's 50/50 chance in my eyes.

- Yayy, another Pig House skin to go alongside the new rabbit hut skin. I'm sure some will be very happy to have multiple skinned pig houses now.

- Golden tools finally get skins!! Woo! Also I like how this time we got Shovel, Axe and Pickaxe all on the same set; having the victorian ones for the former ones and the hallowed nights scythe for the latter didn't always fit.

- Awesome design for a deconstruction staff. But the biggest enigma for me is the other staff below the Golden Tools. Some speculated it to be lazy explorer but to this date all Lazy Explorer skins have been also Walking Cane skins. I speculate that it's a Telelocator Staff skin instead, finally giving the said item a skin.

- I'm really happy that the Warly's butcher meat hanger concept suggested in these forums by a forumite made it official, exactly how it was sketched. Shows how the devs give quite the attention to these forums, even at times when they don't directly reply to suggestions.

- Awesome, another trap skin, though I kinda prefer the cold mechanical look of the one we got with Contender seat Part Two. I hope they'll expand on Contender Skin set in the future, I really like it. Perhaps the update to add carrat race permanently to the game may bring Part 3, if we ever get such an update that is.

- That peacock and feather designed skin appears to be for luxury fan, which is great.

- The furnace looks very menacing.

- Finally beeboxes get skinned, it looks rather nice.

- I wonder what's to the right of the birdcage. It really looks like a cauldron for crock pot but I really can't be sure.

- Finally it's quite amazing we are getting 3 different kinds and colors for fences, doors and minisigns. The simple design even helps fix how we got industrious fences but not doors. Just leaves me hanging for a non-directional signpost skin.

yotc.thumb.png.6df53d40c42ea9800fd7525da56250e3.png.bdef78f3eefaf534d164138836c97d1e.png

This image makes me wonder alot, like maybe we'll be racing against possibly beard carrats perhaps. This seems like a cool minigame to the game. Can't wait to commit Rocky on my Carrat to be the strongest one. Hopefully maybe pigs or bunnymen could join in just in case if you don't have any friends to play with! I wonder if this is permanent?

Five years waited for a dark sword skin and here it is. Good looking nordic designed pig house. Viking-ish tools. Variety of the gate and fences.

Thanks for the good design and work you did on Winter’s Feast and Year of the Carrat skins. Those are high tier compared to your other works.:wilson_love:

16 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Warly_Drying_Rack_Reskin.png.2a78d9070b1fb1db2711c26c2a03d5ac.png

I'm so stoked that they are using my drying rack reskin!!!

So I was digging around to try and find the original thread that was up that had all of these amazing skin suggestions that we are now seeing and I cannot seem to find it.  I definitely remember this one in there but I just cant find it.  I was looking to see how many of the community suggested ones made the cut but it seems to have vanished.

14 hours ago, -Animaster- said:

Well, I'm not much into skins but I think it's good that players want to support devs. Imagine if players were not satisfied with cosmetics and they wanted paid stuff that would make them stronger than others. Many good games were destroyed with p2w mechanics. Big respect to Klei for not becoming greedy. Wonderful devs, great community :wilson_love:

No they're fine and the help fund the Devs. Which is great . They're just not something I care at all about personally. I am into core gameplay , the skins are fluff to me. Just want some new large biomes (not sailing) and bosses to start working on. Like , the fuelweaver takes a lot of prep and time for most players. I want another boss that takes some serious prep to take on . Hoping I will see it in 2020

11 minutes ago, Duplo52 said:

I was looking to see how many of the community suggested ones made the cut but it seems to have vanished.

This one is the only fan suggested skin I noticed that was made into a reality. It's like they compiled those great fanmade skins in the developpers meeting and voted on which one to out to the game and the Butcher's Hook won the vote due to its awesomeness. Not sure what this tells regarding the future additions, whether there will be more fan suggested skins and items in the future

DARK SWORD! DIFFERENT COLORED FENCES! SCALED FURNACE! MEATHOOK! SHADOW MANIPULATOR! CAMPFIRE! GOLDEN TOOLS! HOUSES! LAMPS!

holy frick yOU LISTEN TO US!!!!!

I just love how the meathook looks pretty much identical to the way the community designed it around Warly's release. AMAZING!

16 minutes ago, Duplo52 said:

So I was digging around to try and find the original thread that was up that had all of these amazing skin suggestions that we are now seeing and I cannot seem to find it.  I definitely remember this one in there but I just cant find it.  I was looking to see how many of the community suggested ones made the cut but it seems to have vanished.

I found it. Took a little more physical searching and clicking page after page but I got to it.  There were numerous ones from this post that appear to have inspiration from.  I had mentioned a white picket fence. no art but mentioned so that's cool.

Jim: "Oh shoot, it's turning night. I have just enough logs for a campfire though, so we'll be good for tonight."

Brad: "Wait! I have a campfire skin! Give me the wood."

Jim: "It's already night! There's no time, I'm just going to make the fire myself."

Brad: "GIVE ME THE WOOD"

1 hour ago, Duplo52 said:

Here it is. I originally made it as an item skin for Warly’s “rework”

Archived