The Year of the Carrat Begins This Thursday!

I like the character skins, but I'm glad to just get a LOT of item skins.  I hope we will eventually have every item include some skin options.  They really improve the feel of the game for me.

Also - rat races!! I can't wait!!  I guess I get 2 more days to try and build a gingerbread city T_T  I'm so bad at this game >_< 

47 minutes ago, themightyone said:

I could care less about skins , they are so useless to me. I know the community goes nuts for them and they support the devs. But man , I just want some meaty new content  quests/boss/biomes. The Lunar islands cool and all , but its tiny and there is not much to do on it really. Oh well , at least some people are excited I guess. Maybe Carrat racing will be ok

Well, I'm not much into skins but I think it's good that players want to support devs. Imagine if players were not satisfied with cosmetics and they wanted paid stuff that would make them stronger than others. Many good games were destroyed with p2w mechanics. Big respect to Klei for not becoming greedy. Wonderful devs, great community :wilson_love:

... I am such a damn clueless fool, given how many movie references are in this game (Star-Sky & Hutch for example..) I should have put two and two together and figured out that Year of the CarRAT would be a play off the old but good movie RAT RACE.

(Like seriously why else can we have Carrat Races?? O.o)

God.. That’s a Smooth move Klei, but I’ll try to be prepared for the next one.

1 hour ago, uopj7 said:

Why Thursday, lunar new year (year of the rat hence the theme) is on Friday.

Because they're gonna showcase it on their weekly dev streams, which are on Thursday. 

Spoiler

And besides, it'll be Friday in China, where the Lunar New Year is taking place. :wilson_goodjob:

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

yotc.png

Hey Everybody. We hope you have been enjoying the Winter's Feast-ivities! You still have a couple more days of merriment and then The Year of the Carrat begins! 

Starting this Thursday (10am Pacific time) celebrate the Year of the Carrat. 

• Compete in the cut throat world of Carrat Racing to earn Lucky Gold Nuggets.
  • Build Gyms to train prize Carrats.
  • Construct longer and longer Carrat race courses to raise the stakes.
  • Purchase old and new rewards from the Carrat Shrine, such as Red Firecrackers,  Lucky Beast costumes, and the new Floating Lantern.

We'll also be adding some new skin sets. This time around we will not have any character skins and are focusing on items. 

yotc_bundle.png

And finally, we will be adding new streaming drops. The Glass Eyebrella will join the Crystaline collection. 

twitchitem_eyebrellahat_crystal.png

More details will come Thursday. See you then!

i Need These Reskins

2 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Why are there two spear skins? And why are they so similar? Is it for Wigfrid's spear?

Very likely that the bat winged, sharper one is a skin for the Battle Spear and the tame, duller one is for the regular spear. 

6 hours ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

I'd imagine that the carats running around a track has some mega base decoration potential.

lets just hope they update the ai so they dont just run into walls like dumb bois 

ain't no body got the spools for all dis. Assuming both spears are just one skin, and that the base tools and gold tools are just 1 skin, I counted 31 spoolable skins which would be a whoppin 41850 spools to weave them all. I hope there's a good deal for them on the store page.

Is that a crock pot skin beside the pig backpack? It looks like something out of Hamlet. I like it.

Archived