Obtaining Holiday Cheer

You can get the varg occasionally to get quite a few from them (I got 6 just from one), but it seems to be uncommon compared to the little festive town. 

Sadly, in order to enjoy the feast of winter you must take joy from those living... but hey, they do taste great!

5 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

It's disturbing how you just break the house and the gingerpig crawls out without the gingerlegs and then collapses and you can't do anything about it

That's great. That's exactly the type of creepiness that community want from dst

I have demolished 1 house to see what happens and that alone made me feel like grinchy scum. Never again!

Varg or bust. Long live the cookie piglets! Would try and keep one as a domestic pet but they're probably gonna disappear when the feast ends. And they make more mess than ferrets.

15 hours ago, minespatch said:

gingerbread_pigman_crawl.gif.17ccb442d7274368f1fd7d51d67c4cdd.gif gingerbread_pigman_death.gif.1d7665bdfbf6f177f4f273af53b8b8fe.gif 

Whoever reacted to this with a "Haha" 

There is a SPECIAL place in hell for you.

JoeW would be ashamed

1 hour ago, Kuba5565 said:

Why can't they crawl all the time, they to fast for me. I mean i just want to kill them and their dog, destroy their house and steal cheer from them why are they running?

Kuba: Why are you running! I'm just trying to kill you!

Ginger Pigs: *SCREAMING INTENSIFIES*

19 hours ago, Shosuko said:

So...  I found I can kill a gingerpig or smash their house to get some cheer... but is there a way to get this without killing the little guys?  Its so sad

Don't forget about animation when gingebread varg is eating gingerbread pig.

So, I'm not 100% sure how the mechanics work, but I've found another way to obtain Holiday Cheer which I think would still be possible after the event:
unknown.png
unknown.png
If you have a good enough buff from chained feasting tables, you'll actually drop 1 Holiday Cheer upon death! With this setup, I would eat from the 12 chained tables for about 3 seconds, back away and wait for my character to mention the buff, then immediately eat one monster meat to die, which would drop 1 Holiday Cheer each time. It takes 12 Holiday Cheer to make the 12 meals seen here, and I managed to get 12 from them with this method when they were only down to 47%. If someone with more knowledge (or creativity) could optimize this I imagine it'd be even more profitable.

19 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

-snip-

I was wondering how this would work after the event was over. I thought the oven and tables might become useless until next year unless you stockpiled a bunch of cheer or food in advance.

Admittedly, this method of obtaining holiday cheer is... not particularly cheerful. ^o^;>

But at least it exists! Thanks for letting everyone know!

Archived