Obtaining Holiday Cheer

22 minutes ago, Well-met said:

you aren't supposed to want to die in DS.

People have been using stuff like skeleton walls for years, since before SW even. In DST, there are also strats like sanity stations or pig torch farms which require a player to become a ghost and haunt things for positive effects. "You aren't supposed to want to die in DS" is an outdated attitude at this point, from a time where everyone also thought insanity needed to be avoided at all costs. The thing is, DST is under constant development and the players are also constantly learning more and developing different strats, playstyles, etc. Death being situationally desirable is nothing new.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

People have been using stuff like skeleton walls for years, since before SW even. In DST, there are also strats like sanity stations or pig torch farms which require a player to become a ghost and haunt things for positive effects. "You aren't supposed to want to die in DS" is an outdated attitude at this point, from a time where everyone also thought insanity needed to be avoided at all costs. The thing is, DST is under constant development and the players are also constantly learning more and developing different strats, playstyles, etc. Death being situationally desirable is nothing new.

that doesn't stop it from being bad design.

24 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Wait what?

Zombies have no place in this game...

Tell that to the Zombie Penguins & Zombie Hounds In Lunar Island with their bones and guts hanging out.

like it or not Zombies very much DO have a place in this game. LoL

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

forcing people to kill themselves to spawn a mediocre item is bad design.

this isn't some alien truth here. there's no need to gang up on me like that.

or else bring back the death stew.

That's because it's not even a way to get the Cheer.

It's not a mechanic to get the Cheer, it's Attention to Detail. You're not just dropping Cheer, it only drops if you've eaten the cheer/glowing, it's just a nod to the characters dropping/spilling the cheer they just ate. 
Players aren't encouraged to die for it, it's more of a "Oh neat." thing.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Did they remove the Gingerpig death animation from the game already?!?!! 

I hammered down 5 Gingerpig Homes and the Gingerpigs didn’t Crawl out & Die. How very sad :( 

41 minutes ago, minespatch said:

They did what???584fba6fed88e_arieljawdrop.png.3bbe7419a8a2fe2db4734d6c3f695ff4.png

They didn't. It's not guaranteed for a gingerdead pig to crawl out, there's just a chance of it happening for each house.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, Sunset Skye said:

If you have a good enough buff from chained feasting tables, you'll actually drop 1 Holiday Cheer upon death! With this setup, I would eat from the 12 chained tables for about 3 seconds, back away and wait for my character to mention the buff, then immediately eat one monster meat to die, which would drop 1 Holiday Cheer each time. It takes 12 Holiday Cheer to make the 12 meals seen here, and I managed to get 12 from them with this method when they were only down to 47%. If someone with more knowledge (or creativity) could optimize this I imagine it'd be even more profitable.

It would be better if we could force something to eat from the table, like a pig or a merm, and then kill it.

Spoiler

And we can stare at the poor thing eat...
yes.gif.6a699f94cc7b4617984cdd5ae4b64d3b.gif

Archived