Jump to content

Next Rework?


Next Rework?   

248 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be reworked next?

    • WX-78
      28
    • Maxwell
      17
    • Wilson
      13
    • Wolfgang
      1
    • Wendy
      135
    • Webber
      30
    • Wickerbottom
      5
    • Wigfrid
      4
    • Wes
      15


Recommended Posts

Personally, I feel as if WX-78 or Maxwell should be looked at next. WX-78 is semi-evil, and the whole vibe from RoT would fit his new balance. Maxwell needs a new set of powers and why not introduce them during the Return of Them. It would fit around his lore, since he is probably the closest character to Them besides Charlie. He was on the throne after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wendy for sure.

She just lacks that... something that most of the other characters have now.

Afterward I'd like Webber. Since he's sorta overshadowed by Wurt now. But at least he has the ability to mass farm spider drops which puts him in a slightly better place than Wendy imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Wendy for sure.

She just lacks that... something that most of the other characters have now.

Afterward I'd like Webber. Since he's sorta overshadowed by Wurt now. But at least he has the ability to mass farm spider drops which puts him in a slightly better place than Wendy imo.

Webber is a good choice. Although, I feel like he has a good pick rate. I'd like to see characters get reworked so they'd get played more. I haven't seen a Maxwell or a Wendy in a long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since last refreshes made characters less appealing to play than they were before (Warly/Woodie) because of unnecessary overcomplication and contradiction to initial character design, I'd rather have no refreshes at all than the ones that are about to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shadowDigga said:

Since last refreshes made characters less appealing to play than they were before (Warly/Woodie) because of unnecessary overcomplication and contradiction to initial character design, I'd rather have no refreshes at all than the ones that are about to happen.

cringe opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

cringe opinion

only half of that's cringe really. For the most part, I've mostly seen dissatisfaction With the refreshes thus far.

 

Not sure why he listed Warly though, his refresh massivly improved on his gameplay and ability. Heck, depending on how you looked at it, he was arguably worse than Wes in the base game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Theukon-dos said:

only half of that's cringe really. For the most part, I've mostly seen dissatisfaction With the refreshes thus far.

woodie's refresh was fine (after the patch, of course)

the vast majority of players are happy with it, they just stay silent so it feels like there are more dissatisfied people than there really are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jessie223 said:

woodie's refresh was fine (after the patch, of course)

the vast majority of players are happy with it, they just stay silent so it feels like there are more dissatisfied people than there really are

...How do you know these players are happy if they're silent?

3 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Since last refreshes made characters less appealing to play than they were before (Warly/Woodie) because of unnecessary overcomplication and contradiction to initial character design, I'd rather have no refreshes at all than the ones that are about to happen.

Contradicting in what way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one enjoy reworked woodie.. he is fun to play as, if anything needed fixing on him it’s Moose form, it lasts too short.. and really can’t do much.

he needs to be buffed a little bit, make him able to charge through rocks and trees and stuff like the rook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

...How do you know these players are happy if they're silent?

my main was woodie before the rework, and it's woodie after the rework.

If we are happy with the rework (after the patch), we don't really need to create a post to talk about it... so we stay silent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, trinket_4 said:

my main was woodie before the rework, and it's woodie after the rework.

If we are happy with the rework (after the patch), we don't really need to create a post to talk about it... so we stay silent

That's not the point. There's no way of knowing the "silent happy players" are greater in number.

Because they don't speak. You can't measure the number.

It's a baseless statement, and it relies on the assumption that every unhappy player is being vocal—which is also not the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Afterward I'd like Webber. Since he's sorta overshadowed by Wurt now.

I wouldn't say he's overshadowed, since he has much more synergy than Wurt does.

  • Webber Wortox for lots of souls
  • Webber Wormwood for easy healing
  • Webber Wicker for lots of meat from tentacle spider warfare
  • Webber Warly because monster meat (and eggs) are useful for a lot crockpot dishes
  • Webber Webber for MOAR SPIDERS! (How many characters have good synergy with themselves? Most have anti-synergy like Wolf and WX)
  • Webber Woody for lots of transformation totems
  • Webber Wendy because Abigail destroys spiders

Compared to Wurt's

  • Wurt Wurt for the merm king effecting all wurts
  • Wurt Wormwood for all the burger king foot lettuce (one sided synergy, wurt brings little to the wormwood)
  • Wurt Warly easy supply of fish and frog legs for crockpot
  • Wurt Wigfrid neither steps on each other's toes because they can't share food (except taffy)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Compared to Wurt's

  • Wurt Wurt for the merm king effecting all wurts
  • Wurt Wormwood for all the burger king foot lettuce (one sided synergy, wurt brings little to the wormwood)
  • Wurt Warly easy supply of fish and frog legs for crockpot
  • Wurt Wigfrid neither steps on each other's toes because they can't share food (except taffy)

You forgot Wurt and Wickerbottom. Wicker shares her books (especially cheap ones like Birds of the world and mass produces crops to support vegetarian lifestyle while Wurt provides all the tentacle spots and reeds thr old lady desires since they are both indigenous to Wurt's turf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we are talking about necessity then Wendy is the priority. She falls behind from other reworked and new characters, but if the question had been about who I want to be reworked, then it is WX. I am really looking forward to seeing his back story. I think we get his rework far later. He is strongly tied to the lore alongside with Wagstaff, Wilson, and Maxwell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

...How do you know these players are happy if they're silent?

how do you know most people are dissatisfied? you can't generalise the whole community based on some forum posts where not even 0.01% of the DST community actively posts in

my rationale is that people who are satisfied with the way things are going will obviously stay silent: they have little to no complaints to make

people who are dissatisfied will want changes IMMEDIATELY and so will be significantly louder in voicing their opinions

take a look at the number of people who only add reactions to posts instead of making their own

take a look at this thread: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/111927-how-strong-is-woodie/

at least 83% of the 115 people that voted on this poll were satisfied with woodie new wereforms, and most of these people didn't bother to voice their opinions in a post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

how do you know most people are dissatisfied?

I don't and I didn't say that. My point was YOU were making a generalization.

59 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

you can't generalise the whole community based on some forum posts where not even 0.01% of the DST community actively posts in

1 hour ago, Jessie223 said:

take a look at this thread: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/111927-how-strong-is-woodie/

at least 83% of the 115 people that voted on this poll were satisfied with woodie new wereforms, and most of these people didn't bother to voice their opinions in a post

Yet you immediately use a forum post with the community to back your argument... and once again I never even made this claim.

1 hour ago, Jessie223 said:

people who are dissatisfied will want changes IMMEDIATELY and so will be significantly louder in voicing their opinions

Yes this is a fairly well known type of bias—the happy or content tend to stay quiet. I'm aware of it, and I agree with the notion.

My qualm was your contradictory statements (use of the same evidence you condemned) and assumptions with no backing.

Not to mention the thread you link has nothing to do with how "happy" people are with the rework. It's about whether people find Woodie strong now. Being strong doesn't immediately correlate to being content with a rework. An OP character (I'm not saying Woodie) may be strong, but that imbalance can and will upset some people—and it has.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...