• Maxwell
    • Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • Webber
    • Wickerbottom
    • Wigfrid
    • Wes

Wilson being in the game doesn't really hurt the players who want to play super gimmicky characters with individual flavor and special powers. I don't think a rework would be _bad_ for Wilson by principle, but that all of the people asking for Wilson to get his own set of gimmicks are totally missing the point of having a character (the first character, no less) who's as close to vanilla as possible. 

At least in large part, he exists so players have a means of learning the game without having to contend with huge  gameplay changes that most characters give on top of the base game. He's not meant to be super flashy or have a really high playrate, he's meant to be basic and simple so that people who prefer a vanilla experience can have that, or so people learning the game can do so in as much of an unaltered state as possible.

I really really wanna see what klei will do with webber. My own personal wishlist is just giving webber the ability to pounce like a spider warrior someway somehow, and for spiders to be much better minions than now. But aside from that, i think a lot can be done with webber to make him more interesting than now and im excited for whats in store for him.

Wendy's rework will look like this:

Depanding on what you sacrifice Abigail's stats and abilities will change. 

For example when you kill a butterfly or rabbit she'll be worse then she is right now...

...and if you sacrifice a boss like Deerclops, Abigail will come out as a very muscular grown man and one-shot anything on sight, including other players

On 10/28/2019 at 3:34 PM, Zeklo said:

(First and foremost I know it's a joke, but it's on the same topic).

Honestly the one thing I really want for WX-78's rework is for his face to change when overcharged. Like so:

Reveal hidden contents

Electric.PNG.d9a2ef7e36a85735e70b411e4502bec1.PNG

If his eyes don't glow red with the triumphant (and/or magmatic) skin, Im going to be disappointed.

7 hours ago, Szczuku said:

...and if you sacrifice a boss like Deerclops, Abigail will come out as a very muscular grown man and one-shot anything on sight, including other players

as a person who only plays wendy i don't think i can adequately get across how much i _need_ this

6 hours ago, X-lem said:

I picked Maxwell because I would like to see him reworked, but my guess is that they'll do Wendy next.

I want to see Maxwell able to summon the actual shadow creatures that are in the game to assist him.. that would be cool the way he is now is sorta Meh..

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want to see Maxwell able to summon the actual shadow creatures that are in the game to assist him.. that would be cool the way he is now is sorta Meh..

The last time Maxwell had Shadow Creatures 'assist' him was during The Final Act and that ended up dragging him into the Constant.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, Canis said:

Thanks.

Yes, Woodie is viable now, but that's not necessarily what (ex-)Woodie mains like myself wanted. We just wanted the Werebeaver to not be a pure downside to use. I'm not sure about others, but I personally mained Woodie because I love the idea of Werewolves. Woodie's reworks takes him far away from this idea. Not to mention that he now has no downside, save for getting set to 0 hunger after a transformation. This is a large contrast to his past playstyle, which was to either actively fight off Woodie's curse, or embrace it and reap both the rewards and consequences.

To wrap this up, yes, Woodie is by all means a "good" character, but he is no longer has the playstyle that attracted myself and others.

Woodie is no longer cursed. He is blessed.

Coming from someone who personally dislikes you, I have to say you're 100% exactly correct. This is precisely how I feel down to the most minute of details. Thanks for this.

They changed the soul of the character. It's no longer Woodie, just some impostor who lacks a real, true, meaningful downside. After all, starving in DST is the least of your concerns.

As far as future reworks are concerned, I think bolstering Abigail is the way to go. In particular, her AI is the primary concern. As far as additions go, anything that doesn't change the character too radically to be unrecognizable to their previous iteration would be swell.

I think the most problematic characters right now are Webber and WX, for reasons other people have already told. Imo Webber's left like ok, there's somebody else with actually useful minions what should i do with my spiders now. It doesn't really affect how fun he is to play, but really he doesn't have many unique teamwork perks for stuff somebody else wouldn't do at least as effectively as he does. And then there's WX who's an OP solo character. I think it fits lore-wise because WX considers everybody else as his minions, but this is Don't Starve TOGETHER and I'd really like him to have more abilities that help the whole team. System overload is nice and all but the ability to eat gears just doesn't work that well on public servers. Usually there are not enough gears and even if there are I don't want to give them to a random player who most likely just dies or leaves my server in under 30 mins and never returns. WX without overload and gears is not much better than basic Wilson.

I think Wilson and Maxwell are lore-wise the most important unrefreshed characters, so I'd make them the last ones to get a refresh. We could see some interesting stuff in their animations and I really look forward to it more than the actual changes in their gameplay. People seem to be mostly happy with Wolfgang, Wigfrid and Wickerbottom, so they're not that urgent to refresh. Wendy sure needs some tweaks (I love that idea about Abigail following others) but she's not as bad as most people seem to think, just look at those pro-wendy-mains somebody else mentioned. And then there's Wes. I don't know how anybody dares to even think about changing him, Wes-mains are scary. :'D

1 hour ago, Mrklli said:

I think the most problematic characters right now are Webber and WX, for reasons other people have already told. Imo Webber's left like ok, there's somebody else with actually useful minions what should i do with my spiders now. It doesn't really affect how fun he is to play, but really he doesn't have many unique teamwork perks for stuff somebody else wouldn't do at least as effectively as he does. And then there's WX who's an OP solo character. I think it fits lore-wise because WX considers everybody else as his minions, but this is Don't Starve TOGETHER and I'd really like him to have more abilities that help the whole team. System overload is nice and all but the ability to eat gears just doesn't work that well on public servers. Usually there are not enough gears and even if there are I don't want to give them to a random player who most likely just dies or leaves my server in under 30 mins and never returns. WX without overload and gears is not much better than basic Wilson.

I think Wilson and Maxwell are lore-wise the most important unrefreshed characters, so I'd make them the last ones to get a refresh. We could see some interesting stuff in their animations and I really look forward to it more than the actual changes in their gameplay. People seem to be mostly happy with Wolfgang, Wigfrid and Wickerbottom, so they're not that urgent to refresh. Wendy sure needs some tweaks (I love that idea about Abigail following others) but she's not as bad as most people seem to think, just look at those pro-wendy-mains somebody else mentioned. And then there's Wes. I don't know how anybody dares to even think about changing him, Wes-mains are scary. :'D

>I think Wes should be a bait character. He has problems about surviving and should have more. Ex: If a boss see Wes, it should attack him firstly. Boss should be aggressive to wes and try to kill him firstly. This would be perfect because he would be more usefull for teammates but still challenging to him.

>Balloons should give other characters sanity slowly (WES SHOULDN'T GAIN).

>Wes should able to make a little show. With that other characters should gain sanity but he should lose hunger faster when doing that.

Archived