Who would you like to see refreshed or added as DLC?

Who would you like to see added as a refresh or DLC?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What existing (or non/almost existing) character from Don't Starve and its DLCs would you like to see retuned and put into Don't Starve Together?

• Wagstaff
    • Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Wilba
    • Wheeler
    • Wilton
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Pyro
    • Watricia
    • Warbucks

guessing some character theories  (SW and Ham)

Walani: she was a 'sailing master' but was kidnapped and was force to work for pirates, after a while became friends with the crew, but due to the amount of work/stressed the captain put on Walani. She became exhausted and doze off on navigation eventually crashing the now sinking boat, the surfboard saved her life however Walani witness a leasts a dozen people drowned and she feels as if it her at fault.

Woodleg: he's an actor like Wigfrid, but the 'character' has 100% takin over and basically erasing the OG personaility .

Wilba: father abandon her, mother locks her from society due to the curse, fears that her own pig 'people' will turn on her claiming Wilba's a monster and she's like 6-10

Wheeler: Wheeler at a young age (10) got lost on one of her parents were adventures, she's in her 20 to 30's now and is still looking for them

Wormwood: crippling loneliness along side the embodiment autism/aspergers (it kind of makes since cuz Wormwood is half alien, friendly, a little weird to others but has bad social skills)

On 8/18/2019 at 10:18 PM, Paddlefruit said:

I unironically think Warbucks has a good shot of being one of the next ones.

Think about it: 

- Completely fleshed out Animations Sheet

- Finished Sounds

- Finished Inspection Sheet

Ofc the mechanics he had in Hamlet are absolute garbage. I think that if he ever were to come into play, he would probably flesh out the somewhat bland hunting system. His character is based off the hunter from Tarzan, after all I think.

Actually he's more based off of Van Pelt from the original Jumanji. Like, if you compare them side-by-side Warbucks looks like a direct rip. You can see it in his appearance and quotes, and even some of his (albeit bad) perks.

Spoiler

Image result for van pelt jumanjiImage result for warbucks don't starve

pardon the size difference but here's a side-by-side of Van Pelt from the animated Jumanji, and Warbucks

He sports the same attire, both speak in the same "British Colonial" hunter's style, and both carry around gold coins(oincs).
The main difference between them though is that Warbucks is geared more toward exploration, and Van Pelt is a full-on cold blooded big game hunter.

If Warbucks were to be refreshed, I say Klei should dive all in on the Van Pelt references in his perks; give him a hunting rifle, give him hunting dogs, have him call Wilson "Sonny Jim". Being a hunter would fit Warbucks way better than an explorer, considering that's literally his original inspiration.

2 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

If Warbucks were to be refreshed, I say Klei should dive all in on the Van Pelt references in his perks; give him a hunting rifle, give him hunting dogs, have him call Wilson "Sonny Jim". Being a hunter would fit Warbucks way better than an explorer, considering that's literally his original inspiration.

I'd rather he be re-written to reference Baron Munchausen and be a consecutive liar about the great things he's never done.

1 hour ago, Chris1448 said:

Actually he's more based off of Van Pelt from the original Jumanji. Like, if you compare them side-by-side Warbucks looks like a direct rip. You can see it in his appearance and quotes, and even some of his (albeit bad) perks.

Hide contents

Image result for van pelt jumanjiImage result for warbucks don't starve

pardon the size difference but here's a side-by-side of Van Pelt from the animated Jumanji, and Warbucks

He sports the same attire, both speak in the same "British Colonial" hunter's style, and both carry around gold coins(oincs).
The main difference between them though is that Warbucks is geared more toward exploration, and Van Pelt is a full-on cold blooded big game hunter.

It always made me extremely angry that he never started with a gun. It's literally in his picture. Give him a gun.

1 hour ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

It always made me extremely angry that he never started with a gun. It's literally in his picture. Give him a gun.

This is pretty much the only time in DS history where "Give him a gun" is unironically said in regards to character perks.

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

This is pretty much the only time in DS history where "Give him a gun" is unironically said in regards to character perks.

I'M DEAD SERIOUS I WAS ALWAYS SO ANNOYED. I WAS PROMISED A GUN AND I WAS NEVER GIVEN A GUN.

I know Warbucks is dead and he will never return, but if they had rewritten him and maybe had him start with a blunderbuss that could be loaded with anything (like Wheeler's Pewmatic) I think he could've been a cool Don't Starve parody of Scrooge McDuck or something like that.

Even though she's just one image, I'd love to see Waverly fully implemented. Having a magic user who isn't all 'prim and proper' like Wick and Max would be really cool. I always thought her being a magical version of Wigfrid, being able to make her own cheaper/better magic staffs and excelling with them, but lacking physical strength.

Also, considering her select screen image includes her hat, I think it would be really funny if her major downside was that she refuses to take her witch hat off, so she can't use headgear? That and Wickerbottom being deeply confused about how some swamp-dwelling, accent-having, crazy old woman could use her magic books just fine.  :D

Something worth noting about Warbucks is that one of his deleted quotes references the East India company. This could put his arival anywhere from 32 years before Maxwell to 406 years before maxwells arrival. That being said, I don't think it would be too hard to update his quotes to reflect this without changing his overall personality.

Also

Spoiler

image.png.136f175380e5848abb4c9c7bff38ad9b.png

On 23.08.2019 at 11:38 PM, Axelocke said:

I know Warbucks is dead and he will never return, but if they had rewritten him and maybe had him start with a blunderbuss that could be loaded with anything (like Wheeler's Pewmatic) I think he could've been a cool Don't Starve parody of Scrooge McDuck or something like that.

Unfortunately, this character can not be returned...

Spoiler

:wilson_cry:Very sad sounds:wilson_cry:

39 minutes ago, Canis said:

Here's some screenshots of Joe from the Don't Starve/Together Discord, taken by @-Variant

unknown.png?width=1202&height=162

unknown.png?width=1202&height=189

Reveal hidden contents

Some unrelated fun facts:

unknown.png?width=1202&height=147

unknown.png?width=1202&height=159

unknown.png?width=1017&height=560

unknown.png?width=1202&height=169

I've never been on Discord before, but info like this being leaked has me intrigued. Is there a public invite to this server or no? Might make a Discord account just so I can watch for interesting info like this and maybe ask some questions...

i'm a big fan of wagstaff, i admire pretty much everything about his character: his appearance, his tinkering tab, his blindness, his significance to the lore, and even his glitch effect when stats are low, i love every little detail.

crossing my fingers and hoping that he gets added as a rework similar to warly, although he doesn't need many changes other than his telepad, which doesn't function well at all in a multiplayer setting

Archived