Who would you like to see refreshed or added as DLC?

Who would you like to see added as a refresh or DLC?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What existing (or non/almost existing) character from Don't Starve and its DLCs would you like to see retuned and put into Don't Starve Together?

• Wagstaff
    • Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Wilba
    • Wheeler
    • Wilton
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Pyro
    • Watricia
    • Warbucks

Just now, maradyne said:

...this reminds me of that we never got Wormwood's earlier design as a skin. .-.

As a Wormwood main that would have been dope

Also, the name Warbucks is so much more unique than the other unimplemented characters. Like it pops up way better than 'Winnie' or 'Wilton'. Heck, Wilton is just Wilson, just a letter replaced.

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

I like to imagine Wagstaff will take over Charlie's place in the hierarchy in the future. That would probably mean we could get Charlie as a playable character by then.

Charlie doesn't start with a W, that's ILLEGAL

3 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:

- Completely fleshed out Animations Sheet

- Finished Sounds

- Finished Inspection Sheet

- Arguably racist baggage.

- An army of "Anti-SJWs" who prowl the forums looking for any excuse to argue about Warbucks.

I understand your points about a lot of Warbucks's assets being finished, but you've got to think of this in the context of it being Warbucks. I don't think Klei would want to touch him with a 10ft pole.

6 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:
  1. I unironically think Warbucks has a good shot of being one of the next ones.
  2. Think about it: 
  3. - Completely fleshed out Animations Sheet
  4. - Finished Sounds
  5. - Finished Inspection Sheet
  6. Ofc the mechanics he had in Hamlet are absolute garbage. I think that if he ever were to come into play, he would probably flesh out the somewhat bland hunting system. His character is based off the hunter from Tarzan, after all I think.

I made a thread that talks about retooling the character.

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

- An army of "Anti-SJWs" who prowl the forums looking for any excuse to argue about Warbucks.

I understand your points about a lot of Warbucks's assets being finished, but you've got to think of this in the context of it being Warbucks. I don't think Klei would want to touch him with a 10ft pole.

SJWs will complain if you eat an apple the wrong way

He seems fine to me

We got 1 character from the unimplemented batch (Wortox), 1 from SW (Warly) and 1 from Hamlet (Wormwood). For the last one I argue would be either a totally new one or another from the unused concepts. And from those past concepts my money would be on Waverly - Wallace looks like an early variation on Woodlegs, Watricia's asset Rawling gained independent release and the character scrapped, Pyro would have copyright problems (and is totally uninspired), while Wilton seems more like an inside joke than anything. Still I for one would prefer a totally new character, maybe some mid/top tier, not another challenging yet underwhelming personage.

PS: would be interesting if Winnie could be part of Wigfrid's eventual rework, aka the emphasis on her being an actor, gaining ability to interpret the opposite of a viking warrior on certain conditions (like in night-time, during some seasons or at certain sanity/hunger values) - aka a nature-loving pacifist vegan.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Still I for one would prefer a totally new character, maybe some mid/top tier, not another challenging yet underwhelming personage.

It seems to me that Yes, the game will have a whole new game character, and another character from the usual DS[Wagstaff, maybe]

14 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

- says you can argue about weather its racist

- then immediately complains about the fact people argue about it

I am saying that most new characters aren't as evil as the originals

Wilson -killed people and animals to further their "scientific gain"

Willow -burned people alive based on what we knew before her trailer

Wendy -possibly killed her sister and really sad

WX-78 -literally keeps talking about world domination

most of the new characters are

Wortox -trys to do good and defy their nature

Wheeler -runs around and likes shooting things with a pew o matic

Winona -came to save her sis

Wilba -just adventures around for the kingdom

I am not saying they are bad characters but its just not like how they made them before

you can still like a "bad guy" most of the originals show this and they fit perfectly with the insanely horrible things that this place is

most new ones seem slightly out of place in this odd moral less world

Warbucks was a callback to then (done in a pretty botched way) but still like how they used to make characters

the character of a big game hunter who destroys ecosystems for monotary value would really fit in with the original characters

plus hunting is really not that interesting in DST a big game hunter based perks could definitely be a nice way to make it more interesting and fun

focus more on his big game / money hoarding characteristics would definitely be a step in the right direction that and some slight tweaking of sprites and traits and examine lines would be perfect

PS Klei for the love of chesters eyebone can you add the attack cry to other characters i really dont see why you cant, you did it with Warbucks then it died with him it makes no sense please just add it for everyone

45 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

PS Klei for the love of chesters eyebone can you add the attack cry to other characters i really dont see why you cant, you did it with Warbucks then it died with him it makes no sense please just add it for everyone

Wigfrid rework wishlist.

20 hours ago, Paddlefruit said:

I unironically think Warbucks has a good shot of being one of the next ones.

Think about it: 

- Completely fleshed out Animations Sheet

- Finished Sounds

- Finished Inspection Sheet

Ofc the mechanics he had in Hamlet are absolute garbage. I think that if he ever were to come into play, he would probably flesh out the somewhat bland hunting system. His character is based off the hunter from Tarzan, after all I think.

Most likely not. Klei took Warbucks out of Singleplayer for being "culturally innapropriate" so he's pretty much out.

3 minutes ago, Canis said:

Most likely not. Klei took Warbucks out of Singleplayer for being "culturally innapropriate" so he's pretty much out.

Klei removed my Warbucks art with the Hippotomoose in the art stream thread because they're trying to unperson the character.

For new characters, I'd rather them come up with someone completely unique. Wortox was an unimplemented character for years and Wormwood shouldn't even count as a new character since Warly is just as new to DST as he is and the latter isn't considered a "new character". If we did have to get another unimplemented character to join the fray, then I would like it to be Wilton. Would continue the trend of new characters not being human, I guess.

As for character refereshes, I really want to see Wilbur. I'd rather Klei prioritise refreshing the current cast of characters that really need updates (Woodie, Wendy, etc), but I would like to see more ports like Warly before we get refreshes of characters that are perfectly fine as they are at the moment (Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, etc).

Wilbur has always worked just as well as Warly has outside of Shipwrecked worlds because of his non-Shipwrecked dependant abilities, unlike Walani and Woodlegs. An update to the monkey boi would really be appreciated (please just make splumonkeys obey him like prime apes, please Klei it's all I want please-), he would be poop buddies with Wormwood which is a sentence I never thought I'd say. 

Aside from Wilbur, I want to say Wagstaff but he's a bit... complicated to add, given lore stuff. Wheeler, on the other hand... 

Well...I...kinda had to vote for Walani.  For obvious reasons. : P  She's the one I played the March of Civilization (Marks 2, 3 and 4) with,I like her whole style and personality, and the reason I've been using a (drawn by me) picture of her as my avatar this whole time is because it's a character I at least don't _mind_ playing as? who is a snarky female, like me, and because I hardly see any other pictures of her here.  I mean, there's TONS of Willows, and she's my _actual_ main.  But when Shipwrecked mods are working properly, I tend to go with the surfer girl.Also I did this:

Spoiler

walanigarland.png.fc2745798a4c58de17b98f4386bfcf3e.png

aka "Walani Wears Her Garland Properly".  ;).  This was my first avatar here for a good while.

...and this, for the first chapter of my "March of Civilization" challenge:  The Stone Age

walanistoneage.thumb.png.bdf86da78b0e13f07066e6b79e754fe5.png

...which is where my current avatar comes from (duh).  It's kind of a mix of Forge, Princess Mononoke and...general...islandy tattoos. 

And, seen here for the very first time even though I SHOULD put it in an art thread (and probably will), the _second_ age, Early Civilization.  High Priestess Walani!

highpriestesswalani.thumb.png.0595aeff2e0824f24f2cac4bceae793e.png

This is where the "High Priestess of Starvania" thing comes from--"Starvania" was the joke-name I gave my "civilization" during my first attempt and, as many "just meant as a joke" filler names will, it stuck.  The Early Civilization era was the era I kept getting to and then being glitched or stupided to death.  Later titles would be stuff like "Empress" "Queen" and "Prime Minister" as you get more and more modern, and my custom title here at the forum would change to reflect that.  But I kept dying of stupid.  Or glitch.  Doesn't mean I won't try it again; with all this new stuff in the game to figure out what "era" it goes into, I've got a LOT more to work with now!  :)

Also kitty companion!  Not in the other picture because in real life history, cats didn't wander in and basically domesticate THEMSELVES, until we had rats in our granaries and agriculture to make the granaries necessary.  There's no farming in the hunter-gatherer chapter!

Anyway it's vaguely based off of this screenshot:  

dstcivday126yearofthevarg.png.572d7d51b3973c1cd8c7130e927582c7.png
The "High Priestess" outfit is kind of a souped-up version of my favourite Year of the Something one.  (In case you can't see, this is a doggy statue!  The ORIGINAL attempt at Starvania had a golden turkey shrine that gloriously burned down and left an awesome charcoal outline.  The second we started being able to make "shrine" things I was like "Oh, mygod.  That is going to go PERFECTLY with the theme and look awesome with my walled city-state.  Where should I build it...?")

But IS she going to be the next one brought over?  No.  The new ocean stuff makes it _possible_, but the timing is...eh? Actually, although I'm sure they can't wrangle it in time, I would LOVE to see Waverly at least teased in time for...

HALLOWED NIGHTS!!  Seriously, think about it!  How epic would it be, to have an _actual freaking Halloween style witch_ stirring a mysterious cauldron on the game's splash page during mid-late October...and even better, it's not just a random decoration.  She's PLAYABLE.  :)

I've never seen Warbucks as actually "racist" myself, but I can see their thinking:

--He represents a stereotype that WAS very much a part of The Bad Old Days of Colonialism...

--WE know they don't mean it that way, but...

--RANDOM STRANGERS WOULDN'T.  And Klei didn't want to get a lot of negative press and complaints at the time they were trying to _promote_ Hamlet.  So...I don't entirely agree, I think it's sad that people feel they have to _preemptively_ get rid of things that MIGHT offend some people? (and mind you, I AM an SJW snowflake!  At least, so I've been called.  By YouTube commenters) but I can see _their reasoning_.  From a certain point of view it makes sense.  You know the phrase "guilty pleasure"?  Me, I look at stuff I like, and I don't think I have a single actual GUILTY pleasure, like, _I_ know I "shouldn't" be watching this but I do anyway?  I do, however, have things I'm fine with but I would be EMBARRASSED to have people I don't know, and who _don't know me_, to see me being into. 

Klei just didn't want to have to keep following every last person who walked into the room and saw what was on the screen before you could turn it off/minimize it, desperately trying to explain, like "NO NO NO, wait!  It's not really like that!" before the rando left with a cemented bad opinion.  That's what Warbucks COULD have been, and I think that's why they nipped it in the bud before it could even _start_  happening.

All that said, in a practical sense I don't see him as working in DST.  His whole...everything is SO Hamlet.  Jungles, explorers, pith hats, big game hunting, lost tribes...Warbucks is MADE for his environment.  I don't see that aesthetic/backstory/playstyle working so well in Together.  It's kind of a thing that NEEDS the background to also be right, for the _whole_ picture to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I see the other original characters as being all..._evil_, necessarily? A lot of whether it's ACTUALLY evil or just a dark thing that happened, has to do with _intent_.  If you were too crazy, young, stupid, not understanding the real circumstances or tricked, and you did an evil thing...but if you HAD been in your right mind at that time, you never _would_ have...are you evil?  I say no.  DARK, yes, and a lot of the classic characters are hella messed up, with hints at possible even more hella-messed-up backstories.  Willow burned down her orphanage, but she was a threatened little girl, and had probably snapped mentally.  I don't think Wendy killed Abigail; never have.

Spoiler

(My actual headcanon on this is way more realistic...and depressing:  The Spanish Flu.  It would take out Abigail at at around the right time to look the same age as Wendy does now, in "around 1920", it happened in 1918-1919...I'm tellin' ya, it would make sense.  And if real-life historical disasters (the 1906 earthquake maybe being actually caused by Maxwell) are good enough for Klei, then they're good enough for me!)

Woodie MIGHT have killed a former lover in a jealous rage who MIGHT have been named Lucy...?  Maxwell was dumb and greedy.  Charlie was pulled along for the ride.  Wolfgang is too...Wolfgang to be deliberately evil, Wickerbottom is a strict-but-caring grandma type, even obligatory-carnivore Wigfrid oddly RESPECTS nature, even as she's killing it.  Really, the only one I can see being a DELIBERATE jerk would be Wilson; he's shown strangling and cutting animals for his experiments with full knowledge and mental capactiy.

And, that's all I have to say about that.  Until I remember something else and smack my forehead going "D'OH!"

...Notorious

24 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

HALLOWED NIGHTS!!  Seriously, think about it!  How epic would it be, to have an _actual freaking Halloween style witch_ stirring a mysterious cauldron on the game's splash page during mid-late October...and even better, it's not just a random decoration.  She's PLAYABLE.  :)

If they announce the new character around that time, It has to be her, and yes, just yes to this, I BEG YOU, MAKE WAVERLY REAL

Archived