Vents need to be tweaked, or different materials get better pressure, the difference is insane.

Normal Vent: 1000G

High pressure: 20 KilgoGrams

The difference is insane.  The "tier" difference is stupid.  There needs to be an in between somewhere.  Because before getting plastic it's just a pain to work with vents.  Can these be tweaked please?  Have a Medium Pressure vent or something to that affect that doesn't require plastic, it's a little dumb. 

How did no one in Early Access complain about this, it just makes no sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

How did no one in Early Access complain about this, it just makes no sense to me. 

Because everyone has always find a way ?

If your playstyle desperatly needs 20kg vents, then rush glossy drecko earlier... ? Those are rather simple to ranch.

1 hour ago, nafeasonto said:

I don´t have a problem with the current vents and I am 100% not your opinion^^

Normal vent: Up to 2kg [Used for living areas, to prevent popped eardrums.]

High pressure vent: up to 20kg [Used for industrial applications.]

Why would I want something in between ?  If I would want a new vent, it would be one that allows me to go above 20kg without using an exploit.

[Some liquid on top of my vent^^]

31 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

Normal Vent: 1000G

First off, it's 2,000g for the normal vent. 

Second, why do you need something in between? What are you trying to do? Whatever it is, I'm sure we already figured out how to do it without some random vent that pops eardrums at 5 or 10kg of pressure.

We didn't complain about it because we didn't see a need. 

33 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

The best early game advice for gas management I have is to not use vents at all.  Dig a basement to store CO2 and CL, an attic for H2, and put mesh tiles in your base wherever things aren't venting properly. 

In the mid-game you want to delete gases, not store them; skimmers and hydro-gens and saltvines, oh my.  You'll probably need some basic vents to move oxygen inside your base, because dupes in the middle will be breathing it in faster than it'll diffuse down. 

It's only LATE game that you want to store things at tremendous pressure, and by then the high-pressure vent is cheap compared to the rockets and aquatuners you're making as well.

1 hour ago, nafeasonto said:

Because before getting plastic it's just a pain to work with vents.  

Find a glossy drekko, make it your friend - shave it's bottom off, profit!

We didn't complain because for the most-part it seems to be a non-issue.

3 hours ago, nafeasonto said:

There are a few reasons.

Early access players found ways to deal with pressure early on. One of those ways is digging out large parts of them map, to lower the pressure.

Another was using airflow tiles to help gasses equalise pressure around the base.

Next one was using carbon skimmers to get rid of CO2 and thus reduce pressure.

Generally you hardly ever need the high pressure vents, and you really don`t want to pump oxygne into your base with them.

I could also blame one of the popular exploits allowing overpressurizing normal vents but i`m not going to talk about this one. (if you want to find it there are a lot of designs out there using it)

19 hours ago, nafeasonto said:

There was the occasional discussion, but the tweaks done a few weeks before release seemed to satisfy most people.

Edit: Ignore this comment, I mistook what this is about.

13 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

Again all your reasoning are still ignoring what I am saying: There is no reason there can't be a mid tier vent. Going from 2000G to 20,000 is a huge jump. 

No. We just recognize you don't know what you are talking about. The 2k vent is the pressure you want for general use. If you go higher pressure than that it starts to hurt your dupes. The point of going over safe pressure is for specific industrial uses. In those cases there is no advantage to going under 20k. In fact for most those uses the more gas you can squeeze in the better so people have found tricks to go ABOVE the 20k. There is literally zero use for a middle flow vent. You either want safe pressure or you want as high a pressure as you can get. 

15 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

Again all your reasoning are still ignoring what I am saying: There is no reason there can't be a mid tier vent. Going from 2000G to 20,000 is a huge jump. 

There's no reason excepting the fact that devs cannot and don't want to code everything that is possible to code.There must be a need behind a feature.

Everyone bring suggestion everytime, so devs will implement new stuff if it matchs with Klei's vision of the game.

You asked for the devs to code the vent, then most of us here asked for the devs to save this time to code other things that could be more useful to the gameplay.

They will settle, don't worry.

5 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

As others have said, a mid-tier vent would only ever be used as a budget high-tier vent.

It's only conceivable purpose would be to make life easier for new players who can't get plastic. To me, it seems like the purpose of a high-pressure vent requiring plastic is to push new players to look for a way to make plastic.

Providing a cheap version would take away that push and result in more players giving up in the mid-game.

51 minutes ago, nafeasonto said:

I agree with everybody, there is no reason to have a mid tier vent because there is no real use for it. On the other hand, should you need it for some reason, you have gas shutoffs automated with pressure sensors, very simple to setup

There was never much complaining about vent outputs, because there isn't anything particularly wrong with them.

Low tier vents have no problem filling up a good chunk of real estate with high quality breathable air. They deliberately avoid popped eardrums which is a huge issue for high difficulty modes. High pressure vents give a good amount of gas storage without risking any tiles breaking and creating a gigantic gas explosion inside your asteroid. Everything in between can be solved with pressure sensor automation, and everything above can be solved with exploits. There's no complaints because there's no gap in the air game.

A "middle tier" pressure vent won't solve anything that can't already be solved.

Maybe a more useful and flexible solution would be an "advanced vent" with an adjustable pressure threshold (0-20,000g). To balance it a bit, take up to 2-4x the material cost in refined metals and occupy a 1x2 or 2x2 area.

Either way, a mod for a mid-tier vent would be more likely than an official game addition.

6 minutes ago, Blazing Falken said:

Maybe a more useful and flexible solution would be an "advanced vent" with an adjustable pressure threshold (0-20,000g)

Atmo Sensor + Gas Shutoff + Highpressure Vent does exactly that.

Easy answer. Normal vents for living areas high pressure vents for storing and movong gas around. If ypu want something in between it is easy to achieve with automation. I never had problem to have something in between as with higher pressure than 4k dups has issues.

16 hours ago, SeeHam said:

Yeah, I would call that advance gas vent.

In this game, we achieve advancement with our brain power. 

16 hours ago, snoozer said:

Atmo Sensor + Gas Shutoff + Highpressure Vent does exactly that.

Vents (unless "tricked") cannot exceed their exact max pressure rating, There is practically no way to do this with automation with such precision.  That would be one advantage if such an application was needed, even though I'm unsure when that would ever be...

I myself am certainly no stranger to automation; I was merely presenting an idea that would be more useful than a single pressure mid-tier vent as OP is suggesting.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:11 AM, nafeasonto said:

It being pretty useless is a good reason I'd say. You're focussing too much on the numbers and not actual usage. There's a vent for standard use in a base and one that gives us as much pressure as the devs are willing. There isn't really a need for anything in-between.

Archived