[Game Update] - 357226

14 minutes ago, goboking said:

Hatches are food.  ;)

And food is love.

13 minutes ago, Cairath said:

It's not nearly as bad. Affecting only maps with exclusive traits. I can easily wipe only the affected maps leaving the rest untouched - this was the best scenario.

What about the decreased rate of boulders?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkin Coaled said:

*obligatory golden shower joke*

Sooo.. you're solving the problem of limited/non-existent gold on some asteroids by making it fall from the sky.. Hmm.. Is this a stop-gap or permanent solution?

Now quarter the amount of gold amalgam in slime biomes so gold is somewhat precious and we all ranch dense pufts for oxylite production. :p

3 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Nice. A lot of needed changes.

Did the egg chances change? If not they will go back to regular pufts after 2 generations. Well it`s still enough time to tame some of them but after 75 cycles it`s all princes and after 150 it`s regulars.

I would hope that princes now increase chance to lay an egg based on what they consume, which would be the obvious option, but I'm pretty sure that Klei would tell us if they implemented that, so it looks like pufts will just revert...

Another concern I have is that, since non-princes delete 5% of mass overall, and princes delete a ridiculous 90% of mass, this means that rust biomes will slowly lose chlorine, which I think was already the case from wild dasha saltvine, so now it's going to be more intense. Really could do with a guaranteed chlorine geyser in the rust biome, or ideally a critter that produces chlorine (sterile morb, maybe, with regular morbs moved from caustic to slime biome), at this point.

Edited by Nebbie

1 hour ago, Darkin Coaled said:

Sooo.. you're solving the problem of limited/non-existent gold on some asteroids by making it fall from the sky.. Hmm.. Is this a stop-gap or permanent solution?

This would work as a permanent solution.  The only reason you *had* to have gold was for oxylite.  Otherwise the harder biomes are hard for a reason, and go from aluminum to steel with no middle position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

World traits can now be "exclusive", so Metal Rich/Metal Poor and Geoactive/Geodormant can't roll on the same world.

Interesting... how does this affect world seeds?

Boulder world traits will less frequently appear on the same world.

Ty. Hate those boulders. Please acually someone lemme know if they are god for anything :p

Hatch diets now include aluminum ore and electrum

Ok. Do those materials help to get stone or smooth hatches?

Added two new meteor showers, one with Copper meteors, and one with Gold meteors.

Double nice ! Even more reason to rush space in Arboria (since I need gold to get oil, I was already going there for the free steel in the gravitas place)

Hope the gold ones actually spawn a good amount of gold. (tons maybe, plz?)

Squeaky Pufts now appear in Rust biomes

(CSI Miami YeaaaaaaahhhhH!!!!)

Puft temperature ranges widened and made unique per species.

Neat.

6 hours ago, Xenologist said:

When do those types of meteor showers show up anyways?

Well...

Spoiler

// Token: 0x040055BA RID: 21946
	private Dictionary<string, SeasonManager.Season> seasons = new Dictionary<string, SeasonManager.Season>
	{
		{
			"Default",
			new SeasonManager.Season
			{
				durationInCycles = 4
			}
		},
		{
			"MeteorShowerIron",
			new SeasonManager.Season
			{
				durationInCycles = 10,
				secondsBombardmentOff = new MathUtil.MinMax(300f, 1200f),
				secondsBombardmentOn = new MathUtil.MinMax(100f, 400f),
				secondsBetweenBombardments = new MathUtil.MinMax(1f, 1.5f),
				meteorBackground = true,
				bombardmentInfo = new SeasonManager.BombardmentInfo[]
				{
					new SeasonManager.BombardmentInfo
					{
						prefab = IronCometConfig.ID,
						weight = 1f
					},
					{
						prefab = RockCometConfig.ID,
						weight = 2f
					},
					{
						prefab = DustCometConfig.ID,
						weight = 5f
					}
				}
			}
		},
		{
			"MeteorShowerGold",
			new SeasonManager.Season
			{
				durationInCycles = 5,
				secondsBombardmentOff = new MathUtil.MinMax(800f, 1200f),
				secondsBombardmentOn = new MathUtil.MinMax(50f, 100f),
				secondsBetweenBombardments = new MathUtil.MinMax(0.3f, 0.5f),
				meteorBackground = true,
				{
					{
						prefab = GoldCometConfig.ID,
						weight = 2f
					},
					{
						weight = 0.5f
					},
					{
						prefab = DustCometConfig.ID,
						weight = 5f
					}
				}
			}
		},
		{
			"MeteorShowerCopper",
			new SeasonManager.Season
			{
				durationInCycles = 7,
				secondsBombardmentOff = new MathUtil.MinMax(300f, 1200f),
				secondsBombardmentOn = new MathUtil.MinMax(100f, 400f),
				secondsBetweenBombardments = new MathUtil.MinMax(4f, 6.5f),
				meteorBackground = true,
				{
					{
						prefab = CopperCometConfig.ID,
						weight = 1f
					},
					{
						weight = 1f
					}
				}
			}
		}
	};

// Token: 0x040055BB RID: 21947
	private string[] SeasonLoop = new string[]
	{
		"Default",
		"MeteorShowerIron",
		"Default",
		"MeteorShowerCopper",
		"Default",
		"MeteorShowerGold"
	};

inlayman terms:

1. No Shower: 4 Cycles
  2. Iron Shower: 10 Cycles - 1 Part Iron, 2 Parts Rock, 5 Parts Dust. (1/8 times 10 = 1.25)
  3. No Shower: 4 Cycles
  4. Copper Shower: 7 Cycles - 1 Part Copper, 1 Part Dust. Lower meteor fall frequency than iron (around 4.2 times lower). Same rest and active cycle variation within the season as Iron. (1/2 times 7 divided by 4.2 = 0.77)
  5. No Shower: 4 Cycles
  6. Gold Shower: 5 Cycles - 4 Parts Gold, 1 Part Rock, 10 Parts Dust. Higher meteor fall frequency than iron (~Triple). On average longer rest times and shorter active times than Iron&Copper. Active average 75 vs 250, rest average 1000 vs 750. (4/15 times 5 times 3 = 4 through 75/250 and 750/1000 = 0.9)
  7. Back to 1 (34 cycles between repeat)

Previous was was 1&2 (14 cycles between repeat)

If all metal meteors weigh the same (which they do), one gets 72kg of Gold Amalga, and 62.222kg of Copper for each 100kg of Iron. Though I am afraid I do not know if and how it would affect everything when the showers end prematurely because the No Shower Season began. Also, it's all about averages

Edited by SakuraKoi
Just looked into more code, Gold is Gold Amalgam and all weigh the same
  • Like 4

They question is do we get gold ore or gold refined.    Having the ore is rather useful.       Copper showers are useless. Not sure why even add them into the mix.   The only thing that needs copper ore are the suits if I recall.  But if there aren't ore   this doesn't matter. Making it further useless.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Not sure why even add them into the mix. 

To hide the idea behind the necessity of iron and gold ?

It's supposed to be a natural phenomenon, not an invisible hand that give you something because you need it. So you sort it out yourself.

Just now, RonEmpire said:

They question is do we get gold ore or gold refined.    Having the ore is rather useful.       Copper showers are useless. Not sure why even add them into the mix.   The only thing that needs copper ore are the suits if I recall.  But if there aren't ore   this doesn't matter. Making it further useless.    

The Metal should be refined and it is not like there is no difference between being useless and having no point. 10 of 14 Cycles (71.4%) minus 3/4th rest times were showers (around 2.5 cycles, 17.9%). Now apart from the variation (much less frequent), 22 of 34 are (64.7%) minus a little bit more rest time (due to golden ones, less than 16.1% which means more than 10% for solar panels and safety).

One could call the Iron Showers useless as well, if not more so since Copper actually has only advantages over Iron if you take aside Steel making. Less SHC and more TC can be deemed quite suitable for heating but Decor is still best.

Copper is not required for suits anymore. 

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

It is odd.  There's still no guaranteed sources of tungstan to make certain you can craft thermium, but at least with gold existing you'll be able to make supercoolant.  It should also make oxylite production less tedious, especially now that the thruster consumes its fuel.

That said, I really wish rocketry was much faster in general and upgrading your equipment made them go even faster.  Though probably best to keep that in its own thread.

12 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Remove references to "Toxic" elements

Aaawww. And I was hoping this would be fixed by making toxic stuff actually dangerous. It's a bit silly that dupes can run in caves full of poisonous chlorine and all it does is that it makes them hold breath.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Added two new meteor showers, one with Copper meteors, and one with Gold meteors.

Amazing! I just finished reaching the temporal tear by fueling the hydrogen rocket with liquid hydrogen harvested from a gas giant, because my badlands map - and all celestial bodies - gave me no access to gold. Guess my next colony won't have THAT issue no more :D

13 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
14 hours ago, Cairath said:

@Ipsquiggle are you guys looking into the mod manager nightmare? :(

Yes we are looking in to it. Thanks for the description in your bug report!

I encountered a new version of this issue. At first it was updates not being applied, like people got the previous version of the mod. Now my newest release (post Launch release) have feedback that the mod doesn't do anything at all. I suspect since the mod is just a single dll file that those people might have ended up with a mod without any files in it. Since the mod adds pipe outputs to buildings it's fairly obvious if it's installed or not.

Also so far people have reported issues with 1/3 of my mods and it's multiple people for each mod. People report back that downloading from GitHub and installing the mods in local fixes the issues, meaning it is indeed confirmed to be an issue with not getting the mod correctly from Steam, not a problem with the mods themselves.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Puft temperature ranges widened and made unique per species.

I hope they won't start dying off now, like pacu do... Pacu in cold (6C-9C)/hot(30C-34C) water occasionally give birth to tropical/gulp and they freeze/overheat to death. Thus population slowly reduces.

Automation ports show their descriptions when hovered while building an automation wire

Wow! I'm going to assume that we no longer need to wonder, what that port on the cockpit do)

Tweaked skill names and descriptions

Can we get couple more dupe names please?

Edited by AndreyKl

Remove references to "Toxic" elements

I just went through the list again and noticed this bit.

Was it really that hard to check what tile the duplicant is standing in and shoot us a "toxic!" notification, then start burning the poor thing like "scalding!"?

Are you going to remove explosive? I always just hope that digging anything in an "explosive" gas will blow things up..

Is this coming back at some point?