[Game Update] - 352488

4 minutes ago, goboking said:
6 hours ago, cpy said:

I loved that rooms needed light :( Felt like something that is normal to have there.

To be fair, there's nothing stopping us from installing lights in our bedrooms if we enjoy the aesthetic appeal they bring.

There is a "disturbed sleep" debuff. So installing lights in our bedrooms is even harmful ;)

My 2 favorite half implemented features: (Please remove the info or implement the feature.)

- The life support skill

Spoiler

Yes, it exists. It is always "0" and there is no way to level it.

Even if it´s like the old "immunty" stat, hiding it would be enough.

- Anitseptic plastic

Spoiler

The info claims that plastic would have some antiseptic properties, but plastic acts like every other (dulicant build) solid tile.

PS: The current BBQ buff seems fine for a "mid tier" food item. (Don´t forget the speed debuff.)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

8 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

My thoughts exactly. Food qualities are horribly broken at the moment.

This. Fish is just totally OP compared to other options. Pacu farm doesnt consume any resources or dupe labor and you get level 2 food straight out of it. And it can be cooked to level 3 food. Other level 3 foods require 2 ingredients.

Add me to the list of people who think the light changes are great.

Lights as room requirements were a fairly pointless hassle that also added a lot of bugs because of how a room could suddenly be not that room anymore in a power outage. Lights with a 15% bonus to operate machines, though, suddenly are a really nice upgrade that will give incentives for using them in all sorts of ways they never were before. For example, there's no "kitchen" room but now a light can make grilling faster? Sign me up. Similarly, now there's a reason to use lights around metal refineries, granulators, looms, etc.

This is a really good change, making lights matter without making them a source of frustration.

Edited by ray-jr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

My thoughts exactly. Food qualities are horribly broken at the moment.

Today we write the July 17th, and I'm seriously doubting that we'll see a launch in July... at least not July this year by the rate it's going at the moment.

There's still literally hundreds of QoL issues that needs fixing before release, and it seems every update in the launch preview is riddled with small and major Oopsies, that I fear will not all be corrected in time.

Yea, I was going to say, the stuff I'm reading on the forums re: the preview branch...does not create the picture of a game in a virtually ready to release state.

16 hours ago, goboking said:

I can't say that I agree with this move as I don't personally think 10W and a bit of heat is too great an asking price for room bonuses, but I'm sure some will love this change.

think of it this way: the change allow those who pay attention to gain the 15% bonus to working in light rather than giving it for no conscious effort

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Pipes can no longer walk through closed doors when walking around corners

Me and my tired self reading that as something else...

• Updated Monument artwork

Yes...perfect... :wilson_sneaky:

• New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)

5c311e9322ff6_thankyouklei.png.bb9d425aad67c22e6584be3a2973404e.png

• Rewriting and editing of various Log Entries

I smell retcons...

• Six Work-in-progress tutorial animations have been added to Tutorial Notifications and Tutorial Database entries.

@minespatch

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slavyanin said:

BBQ require 1 Pincha peppernut and meat and gives +8 morale. Cooked Fish requires only Pacu Fillet and gives same +8 morale . You nerfs BBQ to hard. MB you add some extra ingridient for Coocked Fish? Bristal Berry for example and call this dish like Juicy Fish?

I now fully expect pacu ranching to be fixed, making them harder to maintain. Meat is easy to get, and a few wild pinchas give you enough to barbecue them.

Raw pacu being better than grilled mushrooms seems off though, unless they introduce new sources of renewable slime and/or fix the problems with puft ranching.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pacovf said:

I now fully expect pacu ranching to be fixed, making them harder to maintain. Meat is easy to get, and a few wild pinchas give you enough to barbecue them.

Raw pacu being better than grilled mushrooms seems off though, unless they introduce new sources of renewable slime and/or fix the problems with puft ranching.

Pacu ranching was one of the items I wanted to see addressed before launch, but at this point they're going to have to stop tweaking things like this and just iron out performance issues and squash bugs if they intend to release in July.

2 minutes ago, pacovf said:

I IS hard to maintain if done as intended. But no one is feeding pacus with 140kg of algae per cycle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Radam said:

I IS hard to maintain if done as intended. But no one is feeding pacus with 140kg of algae per cycle.

Yeah, numbers are out of whack with the current way to get renewable slime.

Balance pass on geysers, bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents, and also reducing the rates of the Cool Slush Geyser.

Has anyone figured out the new rates?  

I must not be in the vocal majority but I loved picking a seed with a slushie when I wanted to make huge builds without as much stress. 

thanks

3 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

Balance pass on geysers, bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents, and also reducing the rates of the Cool Slush Geyser.

Just loaded my preview map (didn´t really play because my pipes started to melt my beautiful rime map.)

I got 3 discovered geysers: (All values show an average over the full eruption/dormancy cycle.)

- Water geyser gone from 1,67kg(water)/s to 2,2kg(water)/s

- Hot Hydrogen vent gone from 37g(hydrogen)/s to 115g(hydrogen)/s

- Liquid CO2 geyser gone from 67g(CO2)/s to 163g(CO2)/s

=> The ouput of my hydrogen vent and liquid CO2 geyser is more than double the output it was.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:
17 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I must not be in the vocal majority but I loved picking a seed with a slushie when I wanted to make huge builds without as much stress. 

Actually, I'd like to see this tied into the "difficulty" settings on the game.  If you choose to play on an easy setting, your geysers, vents, etc will output more, if you choose to play on a very hard setting, your geysers, vents etc will output less. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, goboking said:

That's what clock senors are for.

I use a 24 hour shift rotation, with 2-4 dupes / shift.  There will never be lights in the bedrooms because of the interrupted sleep issue.  15% is actually a useful value.  I was sticking lights into random corners for the grooms where they'd fit because everything else was already planned for.  Now I might actually redesign a few things for proper lighting.

1 hour ago, Denisetwin said:

thanks

All numbers are average output

Polluted oxygen vent stays the same (100 g/s)

Carbon dioxide vent increases from <50 g/s to 120 g/s

Cool slush geyser reduces from above 2000 g/s to 1400-1500 g/s

The best is steam vent, went from <50 g/s to around 600 g/s. Very good for both water and power

dasdas.JPG.92c01734a5afe051f72d55b154ad276f.JPG

ddd.JPG.6364af5d178e24f2a150f800ef16ceeb.JPG

Edited by camelot
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Troxism said:

So there seems to be some REALLY serious issues with radiant pipes. 

Jup, there's something strange going on, but I don't think it's related to just radiant pipes, but to regular pipes as well. In my current game I run a simple early-game coolingloop throughout my base which worked perfectly for 150+ cycles. When I load this save-game now, it takes about 3 cycles before the complete system blows up with heat, instead of -60 degrees my oxygen exits the insulated cooling chamber with +50 degrees. 

Within the insulated cooling chamber I only use regular gas pipes, and I also recognized sudden jumps in temperature, with one gas pipe tile suddenly containing way hotter/colder oxygen than in the tiles right next to it.

41 minutes ago, camelot said:

All numbers are average output

Polluted oxygen vent stays the same (100 g/s)
Carbon dioxide vent increases from <50 g/s to 120 g/s
Cool slush geyser reduces from above 2000 g/s to 1400-1500 g/s
The best is steam vent, went from <50 g/s to around 600 g/s. Very good for both water and power

So what you are saying is, a 200-250 dupe sustained base could be possible with the right seed....

16 hours ago, VitaCoke said:

psssst*Whisper

did you know you could plant them in Plant boxes?
plant it
deconstruct it
???
Profit

Regardless how you deliver the seeds, wild wheat seem crazy OP.  just have pips plant them throughout a close ice biome.  They will plant fairly dense, on groups of 3 with 3 spaces or so.  or do they not plant in ice tiles?