[Game Update] - 352488

22 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

So what you are saying is, a 200-250 dupe sustained base could be possible with the right seed....

You could do it even without vents/geysers at all.

The limiting factor is your hardware and the mapsize ;)

Spoiler

One way to sustain 1000+ duplicants:

Oxygen: Morbs, morbs, morbs ...

Food    : Rooms everywhere with a coupe (meat dropping) critters each.

19 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  •  
  • Balance pass on geysers, bringing up the rates of some of the Gas Vents, and also reducing the rates of the Cool Slush Geyser.
  • The min and max outputs of all geysers has been narrowed, reducing the variability between instances of the same geyser somewhat.
  •  

View full update

Have a little stupid question. Are the geysers changes retroactively for older saves or are the changes only for new maps?

19 hours ago, OxCD said:
19 hours ago, Kharmah said:

It's not really the cost I had a problem with it was the requirement. I didn't like that you MUST have the light source for the room. Changing the bonus for working in light from 5% to 15% and getting rid of the requirement makes me want it instead of needing it. Also, people were just adding lights to the room then disabling the lights so there was no reason to have it.

While I agree for the power plant, what about the others ? Massage clinic, hospital, great hall, recreation room, washroom, and so on... I'm not sure 15% benefit are working on them. Will the dup use toilet, sink, massage table, sick bay, arcade, etc... faster ?

I saw someone say it was for grills, shower, lavatory, sink etc  but what about research stations?  manual generators?  power control stations?  Is it all buildings that can be operated except tables?  I'm playing and can't figure out how to check this.

Edited by Denisetwin

My Salt Water Geyser changed from ~30C to 95C because of the latest patch, but I read nothing about temperature changes.

Is this a bug, or was missed when writing the Update Information?

I started a new game, and Salt Water Geyser was 95C there as well, so it's not the save.

20 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • New foods added and updated (Pacu Fillet, Surf n Turf, Grilled Pacu, Mushroom Wrap, Spicy Tofu and Frost Burger)
  • A balance pass on all foods has been done

Thank you for the new recipes and balance pass on foods.   BUT can you update / change all the references to "Food Quality".

The Food Quality is somewhat meaningless now  - since you guys tweaked  Morale Bonus on Character Traits.   
It's now directly applying -1 or +1 morale bonus directly rather than +1 / -1 food quality.    (talking about traits: no taste/simple taste/gourmet )
(previously the traits gave a big morale boost for +12  to +16  by boosting the food quality).

Now food quality is no longer referenced in the consumables table.     Yet they're still appearing in the recipe tool tips /rollovers as well.

BUT what does this mean/translate to Morale Bonus, since its not listed in the consumables until you actually cook the food.     Please replace food quality or at least post their morale bonus value next to the food quality tool tip texts.

Thanks.

See image below.

q.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, chemie said:

I had hoped they would address oxylitte machine needing gold but not having gold on some maps...switching to iron make sense

Oxylite is the minor issue as it can be skipped with a couple extra research trips. LOX production is annoying, but manageable without space materials. The Super Coolant recipe, which also requires gold, is the main issue. So that's two production lines that require Gold. Changing the recipes to use something different (e.g. Iron, Lead) would be simple and backwards compatible, but also seems like the most boring way to fix this problem.

Other options:

• Other refined metals can now rarely rain from the sky, not only iron. Golden (meteor) showers!
  • Gold added in very low quantities to another biome, that's present on both Arboria & The Badlands (e.g Rust)
  • Uncovered Gold volcano added to the Rust biome.

The first option would be fun for the jokes. But considering that Arboria is missing two & The Badlands is missing three uncovered geysers, I heavily favor the last option. Not to mention that it removes a showstopper by introducing a challenge - with a slight chance for chaos, which is always lovely.

But maybe someone else has an even better idea...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wronny said:

Oxylite is the minor issue as it can be skipped with a couple extra research trips. LOX production is annoying, but manageable without space materials. The Super Coolant recipe, which also requires gold, is the main issue. So that's two production lines that require Gold. Changing the recipes to use something different (e.g. Iron, Lead) would be simple and backwards compatible, but also seems like the most boring way to fix this problem.

Other options:

• Other refined metals can now rarely rain from the sky, not only iron. Golden (meteor) showers!
  • Gold added in very low quantities to another biome, that's present on both Arboria & The Badlands (e.g Rust)

The first option would be fun for the jokes. But considering that Arboria is missing two & The Badlands is missing three uncovered geysers, I heavily favor the last option. Not to mention that it removes a showstopper by introducing a challenge - with a slight chance for chaos, which is always lovely.

I like your ideas but an uncovered volcano in Arboria is a bit too harsh for new players if not in a world trait, considering its third in difficulty. There is a huge chance of complete disaster.

22 minutes ago, wronny said:

Other options:

I thought each planet only gave 5 and more trips did not give anymore?

even if I am wrong, I dont like them saying here is a booster but you cant use it.  Same for supercoolant.  they designed things for the original map design.  I get they want different game play and approaches, but locking out important machines is not good game design, especially when unintentional 

Edited by chemie

5 minutes ago, chemie said:

I thought each planet only gave 5 and more trips did not give anymore?

Each research module brings back 10 Databanks from each trip. You'll get a bonus 50 for each completed "reaseach opportunity" (5 per destination).

Example: A rocket with 5 research modules brings back 300 databanks from its first trip to a destination, but only 50 from each subsequent visit.

14 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

I like your ideas but an uncovered volcano in Arboria is a bit too harsh for new players if not in a world trait, considering its third in difficulty. There is a huge chance of complete disaster.

Open geysers spawn with their immediate surroundings, if deemed necessary those could be used to limit severity of the issue. The basic problem posed by a volcano is easily "solved" with two layers of insulated (obsidian) tiles. Taming volcanoes is a different story, but also not something that has to happen right away.

Not to mention that the difficulty information given in the asteroid selection screen seems off anyways, or at least that's what I gathered from discussions here and over on reddit. e.g. Rime and Oceania are generally considered very easy asteroids despite their placement in the list.

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

They are retroactively.

My hot steam seems to be about half the output as a cool steam now, instead of, what, 1/20th? It's actually useful! You can pipe it right into a steam turbine for free power and 95C water! Imagine!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, wronny said:
55 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Open geysers spawn with their immediate surroundings, if deemed necessary those could be used to limit severity of the issue. The basic problem posed by a volcano is easily "solved" with two layers of insulated (obsidian) tiles. Taming volcanoes is a different story, but also not something that has to happen right away.

First: I really like gold. Gold volcanoes, gold filled geodes ...

There are just 2 things really requiring gold in the current game: The oxylite refinery and the super coolant recipe.

But you need neither of these things to reach the furthest space destination or to build a "giant" base ...

=> I like that not every asteroid offers anything, but your still able to achieve "any" goals

Spoiler

"goals" doesn´t mean the tooltip goals or something like that.

Just give arboria an info text that gold (amalgam) is (mostly / without geodes) absent.

So if you want a map with everything for a longterm base or to build specific/all possible stuff you know if the asteroid suits these requirements before you settle down.

=> Having no gold amalgam is in my eyes a fun challenge for an asteroid.

2 hours ago, MarQan said:

My Salt Water Geyser changed from ~30C to 95C because of the latest patch, but I read nothing about temperature changes.

Is this a bug, or was missed when writing the Update Information?

I started a new game, and Salt Water Geyser was 95C there as well, so it's not the save.

I observed the same. Probably just more cooling nerf. Cannot have you use that nice 30C saltwater for cooling, after all. Instead, it must be a problem and must create effort.

• Sad 2

well, in my base cooling totally broken - AT cool water in pipe but it not heated when pass hot medium 

this radiant pipe bug ruinet my heat transfer

for oxigen same problem - radiant gas pipe passed cool water not cool oxigen..........

its ANNOYNG!!!!!!

looks like release date will  moving again - its too many critical bugs even in small patches.......

• Sad 1

before last update radiate pipes allow correct transfer of heat,

now we can use this bug (R pipe contense not heated)  for free cooling, but normal heat exhange setups not work.

in normal situation we have several options, but anyway ST is really best way to destroy heat.

For my current base i use volcano to cool steam geayser - heat it to power ST and have 95C water + energy, but now my support AT system broken.... 

35 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Are you guys playing the game today?
How are you cooling?

Edit:  Oh, The Borg Cube! I forgot. Let's build it.

It's too bad we can't roll back individual patches to launch test.

• Like 1

• Rust Deoxydizer now has higher input rates, but outputs Iron Ore in addition to its previous outputs

I thought it was cool having another oxygen option with the rust deoxydizer, so I decided to try something different for my new game and use these new machines. But holy crap after this build those machines are gobbling resources at a ridiculous rate. I'm using two of them for my base and am currently at somewhere around cycle 170. I get plenty of rust just digging around exploring the map, and have a decent supply of salt as well. (Last I looked I have 47 tons of rust and 4 tons of salt. I also absorb the chlorine the rust deoxydizers produce with salt vine plants to produce more salt. 

But jeez. After running just 7 cycles on this new build I've blown through half my salt stash, its crazy. The machines are running out of rust and salt before my dupes can even refill them. 

Old values were 450 g/s Rust + 150 g/s Salt

New value is 750 g/s Rust + 250g/s Salt

This does not seem like a viable option now and my base is toast unless I quickly build a water based oxygen plant. 

• Sad 1