Suggesting horrible world traits and asteroid ideas so we can suffer

Ok world trait where animals are rare. Or having a world trait that makes the starting biome smaller. Maybe a trait with really warm water. Or little plants. Another trait can be only polluted water.

That's all I got what do u guys think btw I'm joking on some of these traits

I have a few ideas myself for new traits:

- Gaseous core (same as the Frozen Core but with gas and you could switch from hydrogen to chlorine to phosphorus to create variants)

- Acid cesspool (same as subterranean ocean but with a non useful liquid: maybe sulfur or something else)

- Comet (space all around the map and not just at the top)

- Inverted (space is at the bottom and lava is at the top)

- Poisonous (where slimelung is literally everywhere outside of the starting biome)

- Atlantis (combining the Displacement pod location with Subterrean ocean to make a lone island in the middle of a huge pool of liquid)

Polluted - Dirt replaced with polluted dirt, water with polluted water, and food poisoning on everything.

Hydrogen Bombs - Caves filled with pressurized hydrogen a few degrees above liquid which freeze your base solid if you pierce them.

Zombie apocalypse - Sporechids. Sporechids everywhere.

Forced trait - Allergies, Narcoleptic, Anemic... take your pick. All dupes get it.

Oxygen Not Included - Start with atmosuits and no oxygen, oxylite, algae or water in the starter biome

Geocentric - All Geysers now spawn very close to the starter biome; this also affects the Volcanoes spawned by the corresponding trait.

Ring of Fire - The starting biome is surrounded by a ring of magma.

Ancient Knowledge - Vital technologies are no longer available via research. They have to be discovered by interacting with PoIs instead.

Reunion - No Abyssalite belts separating the biomes

Heavy Rain - Meteorites return to their former destructiveness (or worse ...).

I got a few more

Stressed - duplicates have 10% stress always

Pressured - all areas including the pod area is over pressured 

Filthy air - you start with polluted oxygen 

Chilly duplicates - they like warm temperatures 

Warm duplicates - they like cold temperatures 

Jumbled - the duplicates you start with changed when starting

Slimy - tons of slime in the starting biome

Tired - duplicates need more sleep 

That's all I could come up with I'll have more later I cant think of any asteroid ideas tho;-;

Swiss Cheese - Holes of various sizes are in the backwall, leading gases and liquids alike into space

First! - No ruins

Too big for us - No core, no neutronium border

Alien - Special POI, not ruins but something else, something odd, something terrifying.

Sunless - No sunlight, ever.

Atmosphere - An unlimited boon... or bane. Oxygen not included.

Armageddon - Magma Meteors, highly explosive, let's hope it disperses into spac for if not...

Leaky leaks - liquids and gases are coming from a different plane. It's not much but constant and limitless. Just when will the Dupes discover the third dimension?

Paradise - doubles creature and plant count, their reproduction and growth... as well as disease.

What we have been searching for - Surface is bountiful and the atmosphere is oxygen.

It's alive! - Chunks of Meat devour the astroid. Isolate it or feed it just to consume it yourself. Walking on it is not advised. It's like quicksand, just always warm and mushy.

No life - There are no creatures, no plants, no algae, no slime and no disease. At least there is lots of dirt and carepackages as well as other planets.

Slippery when wet - Water bleeds in tiny amounts from minerals and organic matter, including Dupes.

Natural wonder - somewhere there is the most beautiful sight dupekind has ever seen, you just got to find it.

Time Splinters - Objects, Buildings, Duplicants and Creatures disappear and appear randomly. There is only one thing for certain: Someone has to reach the Temporal Tear, hopefully the rocket can make it... or even just be made. 

Just my ideas while my parents get a new doorbell, while on vacation.

animals>no animals at all
Zero>everything become -270 degree except the start biome and no insulated protection.3 AETN will infinite cooling surrounding area and cannot be destroyed
danger wild life>all critter will attack as soon as possible.you cannot ranch them without trapping them first.
0 dupe>you start with 0 dupe and choose 1 in the game start(no rolling 3 dupe at start)

10 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

Hydrogen Bombs - Caves filled with pressurized hydrogen a few degrees above liquid which freeze your base solid if you pierce them.

Why stop at hydrogen? What about piercing a 100kg bubble of near liquid chlorine or carbon dioxide?

And i'll call it "whats that smell?"

Here are a few.

• Feral:  There are more critters than normal, and most of them are aggressive.
  • Arid:  Water is sparse.
  • Pitch Black:  Dupicants work slower and gain stress faster in unlit areas[1].

[1]  I wouldn't advocate for this trait unless Klei changes mining lasers so they once again produce light.

12 hours ago, Yannick Vachon said:

- Gaseous core (same as the Frozen Core but with gas and you could switch from hydrogen to chlorine to phosphorus to create variants)

I really like this one.

12 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

Polluted - Dirt replaced with polluted dirt, water with polluted water, and food poisoning on everything.

This one too.  Replace some of the map's metal with rust for a truly sadistic experience.

perfect landing - the pod starts on the surface

slow rotation - cycles last longer

fast rotation - cycles last shorter time

note: this doesnt affect the dupes consumption of food: they might just need to each twice each cycle on a slowly-rotating asteroid, and sleep twice, but they'll eat the same amount of food compared to a normal asteroid (1000 calories each 600 seconds)

magmatic surface - the surface has vulcanoes, and is full of magma. (of just right below the surface, where there's no space exposure.

strong gravity - rockets and jet suits require more fuel

weak gravity - rockets and jet suits require less fuel

Heavy breathers - more air consumption 

Steamy - more cool steam and steam vents

Hungry - duplicates like a little more food

Heater - they asteroid heats up over time (stops at 40) 

Cooler - this asteroid cools down overtime ( stops at -1

Smashed pod the printing pod is in 3 separate locations so are your duplicates 

Pit crew - does tasks faster

Lazy - duplicates need more breaks 

Breezy - gases can flow through blocks

Trade traits duplicates trade jobs every 10 days for a day . That's all I got

Some more:

Combative: Dupes will often just tell you to sod off when you configure a task and go do something they enjoy instead.

Inebriated: Just like normal, but targeting for digging, building and deconstruction is a little imprecise and so is movement.

Suicidal: Every once in a while a dupe gets depressed and tries to kill itself. You have to keep them alive or others will copy-cat that suicide.

Jester: You get a dupe that likes to play pranks on the others like waking them up in the night, throwing germs at them, hiding all the food.

Saboteur: Like "Jester", but now the dupe tries to do real damage in sneaky ways.

Loosely Held or Debris Field - The asteroid is actually a bunch of rocks loosely held by gravity, separated by vacuum. The starting biome and maybe the first layer are inside their own chunk, then you have to build bridges to other chunks.

Edit: Very little abyssalite, since vacuum is the perfect insulator.

Archived