Launch Upgrade Now Open for Testing! [346893]

17 minutes ago, bmilohill said:

Did they literally fix everything? I think ghost pipes are the only thing missed?

I didn't see anything at all to combat gaseous matter conversion, or liquid duplication, or metal cannons. I did see the pitcher pump cooling bug is nerfed (not completely fixed, rather insulated), but it shouldn't be as much of an issue. 

51 minutes ago, Moonshade said:

i'm unable to start a new game, it crashes when i have choosen my duplicants and then embark, safe file is created but upon load it crashes :p  guess i'll wait

Try to deactivate all mods. While the preview reports that it deactivates all mods, apparently it doesn't until it has crashed once and then restarted. Maybe a restart is enough.

35 minutes ago, Gracefulmuse said:

For the sake of oxygen, rust can be converted into TONS of oxygen.

Yeah< I guess oxygen is enough to get to that part (maybe). I am just so not used to it lul
And coal the same

This is awesome, you are awesome!

but let's take a closer look and see... to make it even more awesome~

• No clay on the map on (Arboria)
  • There is no marsh biome on Arboria which should imho have it
  • Meanwhile Verdante has no frozen and neither has standstone/desert biome (both #commented out for the prior)
  • There should really be a world with all biomes
  • The rust biome is way too cold and will kill dreckos
  • Boulders are way too sizable
  • Copper Ore only in geodes?
  • Extra Oil, is rather obnoxious and all over the place. There simply should be a tad more balance
  • One is only permitted to remove 6-12-18-20t of resources from a destination? Rather silly if you ask me, even if for the sake of balance and that resources replenish.
  • Space Kittens are too cute, pls nerf

• Like 4

Looking at the source code, the first interesting find is this:

public class Assets : KMonoBehaviour, ISerializationCallbackReceiver
{

public static List<KAnimFile> ModLoadedKAnims = new List<KAnimFile>();

Now we just need Klei to tell us how mods can use this and we should indeed be able to have custom graphics in mods :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

AAH I'M OUT FOR SUPPER WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LAUNCH IT NOW?!

Oooh, it's been so long since we've had new content I'd forgot to check your datamining thread.  Mental note to give it a look later had been made.

• Haha 1

This update looks amazing, I had just one question if a dev swings by: are fixed temperature outputs intended to be in the final release, eg. can we expect at release to be able to sieve extremely hot/cold pH2O into 40C H2O still? (and other converters)
Since the wheezeworts got updated, I'm expecting more nerfs to the "cheating" heat deletion mechanisms.

Edited by Kangaax

1 hour ago, LZ96 said:

so.. how many of you are calling out sick tomorrow?

I ain't cuz i am just getting a yearly diploma and then i am gonna yeet myself into the chair and play oni

Aaand i just crashed my game in the menu :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

some nice things

• Soften Lead and Abyssalite elements.
  • Harden Obsidian element.
  • Duplicants work 2% faster when working in a lit space.
  • Loud Sleepers sleep too deeply to be bothered by light while they sleep.
  • Seeds self-plant after sitting on the ground a certain amount of time.
  • After recovering from Food Sickness, Slime Sickness, or Zombie Sickness Dupes will not catch the same sickness again for a short time.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kangaax said:

This update looks amazing, I had just one question if a dev swings by: are fixed temperature outputs intended to be in the final release, eg. can we expect at release to be able to convert extremely hot/cold pH2O into 40C H2O still?
Since the wheezeworts got updated, I'm expecting more nerfs to the "cheating" heat deletion mechanisms.

The code for that appears to be unchanged. However this is easy to mod and I see no reason why my water sieve mod shouldn't be made to work with the next release. In fact I suspect it works right now, though I haven't actually tested it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickerooni said:

I didn’t see mention of making cooking skill being increased by cooking. That was high up in the list of, “minor irritation that will certainly be fixed”. But, it might just not be listed.

Fabrication buildings should grant the correct experience type.

Items from the full patch notes I found worthy of specific notation.  This is NOT the full list.

• Ice Maker now deletes 20% of the heat from water instead of almost all of it.
  • Ice-E Fan now cools down itself and the surrounding area.
  • Some rooms now require a Light source to be considered a room.
  • Conveyor loaders will dispense items in a round-robin manner, to ensure they dispense all materials they contain and not just the first one.
    • I'm not entirely sure what this means yet.
  • Soften Lead and Abyssalite elements.
  • Harden Obsidian element.
  • Petroleum Generator no longer requires Plastic to build.
  • Planets now have limited/renewing resource mass. Space Missions to Planets will only return the available resources.
    • This could be very interesting.  Will require some experimentation.
  • Space Missions to Planets with insufficient available resources will warn before launching.
    • Thanks for the warning! XD
  • Remove dead Duplicants from the Skills screen.
    • It's just a flesh wound!
  • Removed grimy status effect. Duplicants will still try to shower each day to gain the Morale benefits.
  • Duplicants work 2% faster when working in a lit space.
    • This seems horribly minor.  Would we even notice?
  • Fix Dupes eating or sleeping underwater.
    • Oh, finally.  Meep will stop turning himself into an ice cube for lunch.
  • Duplicants' sleep is disturbed by sleeping it a lit space
  • Fix dupes getting stuck rapidly switching between destinations when trying to recover breath.
    • No more Dying Dupe Disco!
  • Interests now provide +1, +3, or +7 to the relevant attribute based on whether a duplicant has 3, 2, or 1 Interest.
    • Interesting gamification...  strong miner or an all around mason...
  • Duplicants more aggressively teleport out of entombment situations.
    • No more Mr. Nice Scotty!  You WILL teleport, NOW!
  • Add Super Hard Dig Skill to mine Diamond and Obsidian.
  • Switch to fixed geyser count per world.
    • I assume this is necessary with the new world types at generation, but this is going to throw off a lot of expectations.
  • Player can modify the Duplicant Shuffle button to shuffle specific archetypes of dupes, specifically locking in one interest at a time while rerolling all other stats.
    • Ooooh, shiinnyyyy….
  • Remove references to Ranchers.
    • Apparently I missed something....
  • Seeds self-plant after sitting on the ground a certain amount of time.
    • So, this has come back.  Cool.
  • Duplicants should no longer be exposed to Slimelung merely by passing through a wandering pocket of germs.

Interesting....

• Haha 2