Launch Upgrade Now Open for Testing! [346893]

Just now, goboking said:

To split packet flow evenly and smoothly and because not everyone (especially new players, of which there will hopefully be man) aced Pipe Bridges 201.

I mean... you don't even need the bridges really, only if there's a risk of  one or more paths backing up.

It's Pipes 101.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

No worries. I don't use mods in general so I don't know what the one you pictured actually does, but I find bridging into a junction is good enough for my uses 99% of the time. 

The way this works is that each direction the material can go after a bridge (or any green output for that matter) will have a packet sent in a rotating order. If one of the directions backs up, that pipe's turn will be skipped. So if you have the maximum 4 way split and 3 are full, direction 4 will get the full flow. 

A normal T or 3 way junction without a bridge will act the same when all directions are empty but when one direction is full, it still takes the time to send a packet the full direction resulting in the same 1/2 or 1/3 flow to empty pipes. 

You can also have packet bouncing problems without using bridges. 

One of these days I'm going to make a series of pictures about this to be able to just post them when this comes up again.

I think we misunderstood, thanks for your explanation time but unfortunelately I'm already really familiar with bridge mechanism and gymnastic, even I can learn a bit from time to time, example below. I was exclusively talking about the spitter from the mod when I've said I wasn't sure about how it works :).

1 minute ago, Yunru said:

That's easily solved with this one easy setup:

image.thumb.png.2830204566271504731484248c3cc331.png

Fair point. But I'll be insolent, if packets are highly fluctuating between 0g & 500g (not above), it's not going to work, I think ^^ but I agree it's very conditional.

9 hours ago, goboking said:

The same reason we're baking bread on a grill.

They actually fixed that one.  You now cook bread inside the oven instead.  That said, they still cook muffins on the grill and one of the new oven recipes is sushi.  Sushi is famously fish you don't cook.

On a serious note, I think it would be a good balance change to move barbecue to the grill, muffins to the oven, and for consistency rename sushi to a fish dish you actually bake (though they could also make it fried fish and put it on the grill or have two recipes).  Requiring the oven to eat sleet wheat feels like a fair challenge to me for what's otherwise a lot of good quality food that's basically free.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

On a serious note, I think it would be a good balance change to move barbecue to the grill, muffins to the oven, and for consistency rename sushi to a fish dish you actually bake (though they could also make it fried fish and put it on the grill or have two recipes). 

I`d prefer if muffins were the lower tier (even if it doesn`t make as much sense). But meat and fish fillets should have a "fried" version that makes them medium quality on the grill and a high quality for the oven. I also think there should be a lettuce recipie for the musher that uses salt water. Actually there could be a meat jerky recipie for the grill requiring salt and having a longer spoil period.

• Like 1

Just now, Sasza22 said:

I`d prefer if muffins were the lower tier (even if it doesn`t make as much sense). But meat and fish fillets should have a "fried" version that makes them medium quality on the grill and a high quality for the oven. I also think there should be a lettuce recipie for the musher that uses salt water. Actually there could be a meat jerky recipie for the grill requiring salt and having a longer spoil period.

More recipes in general would be nice.  Right now the grill feels like it doesn't have enough after they moved a bunch to the oven.  I'm not so sure about the preserved foods, unless we had a good reason to actually use them.  Either because there was something that needed to have preserved food for it or CO2 wasn't a sterile environment.

10 minutes ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Sushi is famously fish you don't cook.

Actually it is Sashimi which you don't cook and only prepare by slicing it very thinly.

Sushi may be served cold (room temperature) but not rarely ingredients actually get prepared, with heat, The "lettuce" in this case indeed gets roasted like real seaweed.

Also, rather than being a fish dish, Sushi is a rice one (of course, fish is the most popular by far but there is no Sushi without rice)..

I'm personally more offended that the Sushi does not contain any kind of rice.

But more than offended, I'm worried that I can not help but visit a local sushi place soon even though it can and will hurt my tight budget if it's continued being mentioned. I love rice, I love fish, I love raw and I love roasted/fried food. Sushi is the best bad friend I could have. Overtime it is...

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, Gurgel said:

Yay, 2nd crash 2 seconds into the game. May still need some work... ;)

Also, crash-reporting seems to block. May want to look into that soon or you may get a wrong impression about stability.

I can't play Oxygen Not Included on either of my streaming PCs lol.. 2 days no answer. no fix I am sad lol

3 hours ago, Uani_Play said:

I can't play Oxygen Not Included on either of my streaming PCs lol.. 2 days no answer. no fix I am sad lol

Since we arent having issues, I would concluded the issue is with your computer.

Have you tried to reinstall game? 

Have you disabled all mods?

Have you tried updating drivers?

I feel sorry for the generation who throws their hands in the air waiting for someone else to solve their problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beercules said:

Since we arent having issues, I would concluded the issue is with your computer.

Have you tried to reinstall game? 

Have you disabled all mods?

Have you tried updating drivers?

I feel sorry for the generation who throws their hands in the air waiting for someone else to solve their problems.

Oppose to your generation, who think that I'm waiting for someone else to solve my problem and attack them before knowing the full truth. I'd rather the ones who sit and wait quietly instead of the disrespectful ones. Maybe I have done all the things you have just said and still haven't found results. what is your conclusion then? It isn't just me. I promise you that.

18 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

But more than offended, I'm worried that I can not help but visit a local sushi place soon even though it can and will hurt my tight budget if it's continued being mentioned. I love rice, I love fish, I love raw and I love roasted/fried food. Sushi is the best bad friend I could have. Overtime it is...

What about homemade sushis ? Much cheaper and still fairly good !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beercules said:

It is possible to have bugs in games, which only trigger on certain computers, yet they are still bugs in the game. It could be anything from language of the computer to to how the CPU handles certain instructions. The first network desync I was involved in investigating turned out to be two CPUs not handling an overflow precisely the same and as a result two numbers, which should be the same ended up not being the same.

When somebody has a problem nobody or very few other people have, then it's valid to look into what makes the computer different. It is however not a valid reason to rule out a bug in the game.

4 hours ago, Beercules said:

Me too, but I'm not convinced that's the issue here. Besides even if the issue would be user incompetence, what I see here is somebody who paid for a game and can't get it to work. Being a computer expert isn't a requirement for buying games on steam. It's actually fairly reasonable to demand the game to work or be told how to get it to work. Proposing solutions, which might either solve the problem or help identifying what went wrong is a good approach, but please don't write it like "I know this is the answer and you should have known too".

All your proposed remedies are good choices though.

31 minutes ago, Uani_Play said:

Maybe I have done all the things you have just said and still haven't found results. what is your conclusion then? It isn't just me. I promise you that.

That's a really good question and I wish I knew the answer. At this point all I can say is to make sure you stay around to answer whatever questions Klei might have for your bug report. I'm sure Klei wants the game to be crash free, but it's possible they need more info from you in order to figure out what went wrong. The hardest kind of bug is the type, which doesn't affect everybody because if it by chance doesn't affect anybody at Klei, how are they going to figure out what went wrong?

1 hour ago, Uani_Play said:

Oppose to your generation, who think that I'm waiting for someone else to solve my problem and attack them before knowing the full truth. I'd rather the ones who sit and wait quietly instead of the disrespectful ones. Maybe I have done all the things you have just said and still haven't found results. what is your conclusion then? It isn't just me. I promise you that.

Whom attack who? You assume I meant you. Best of luck your your issue!

26 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

It is possible to have bugs in games, which only trigger on certain computers, yet they are still bugs in the game. It could be anything from language of the computer to to how the CPU handles certain instructions. The first network desync I was involved in investigating turned out to be two CPUs not handling an overflow precisely the same and as a result two numbers, which should be the same ended up not being the same.

When somebody has a problem nobody or very few other people have, then it's valid to look into what makes the computer different. It is however not a valid reason to rule out a bug in the game.

Me too, but I'm not convinced that's the issue here. Besides even if the issue would be user incompetence, what I see here is somebody who paid for a game and can't get it to work. Being a computer expert isn't a requirement for buying games on steam. It's actually fairly reasonable to demand the game to work or be told how to get it to work. Proposing solutions, which might either solve the problem or help identifying what went wrong is a good approach, but please don't write it like "I know this is the answer and you should have known too".

All your proposed remedies are good choices though.

That's a really good question and I wish I knew the answer. At this point all I can say is to make sure you stay around to answer whatever questions Klei might have for your bug report. I'm sure Klei wants the game to be crash free, but it's possible they need more info from you in order to figure out what went wrong. The hardest kind of bug is the type, which doesn't affect everybody because if it by chance doesn't affect anybody at Klei, how are they going to figure out what went wrong?

What a complete waste of a post, this has nothing to do with ONI, this is your unsolicited opinion.

First you never make assumptions when investigating issues, you draw conclusions from the information you have or test theories. Based upon what he/she provided me and the fact its working on THOUSANDS of other computers, its either HIM or his computer but I had given him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sorry I shouldn't have assume the user was competent enough to use their computer. 

If I hadn't received attitude from the post having an issue I would have inquired further, but I will go have fun PLAYING ONI while those having issues continue to wait.

Enjoy.

Edited by Beercules

18 minutes ago, Beercules said:

Whom attack who? You assume I meant you. Best of luck your your issue!

What a complete waste of a post, this has nothing to do with ONI, this is your unsolicited opinion.

First you never make assumptions when investigating issues, you draw conclusions from the information you have or test theories. Based upon what he/she provided me and the fact its working on THOUSANDS of other computers, its either HIM or his computer but I had given him the benefit of the doubt, I'm sorry I shouldn't have assume the user was competent enough to use their computer. 

If I hadn't received attitude from the post having an issue I would have inquired further, but I will go have fun PLAYING ONI while those having issues continue to wait.

Enjoy.

The fact that two AMD chipset computers cannot run this game. But my third Intel chipset has 0 issues. So i am patiently waiting for it to be resolved. I have played the new update. I did Enjoy.

Edited by Uani_Play

I initially had problems getting the update to run, falling down a black hole immediately after world generation. In my case the solution was to uninstall, then delve into steam\steamapps\common and delete the game directory, which still had files lurking within, and reinstall. This may not be your problem but, with a small download size, it may be worth a try.

Edited by Fuzzra
Even more commas than intended.

1 hour ago, Nightinggale said:

The first network desync I was involved in investigating turned out to be two CPUs not handling an overflow precisely the same and as a result two numbers, which should be the same ended up not being the same.

1 hour ago, Uani_Play said:

The fact that two AMD chipset computers cannot run this game. But my third Intel chipset has 0 issues.

Right now would likely be a good time to point out that the network desync was due to Intel vs non-Intel CPUs mixed with a programmer doing something, which wasn't covered by the specifications (optimizing very creatively can easily backfire).

However I find it unlikely that Unity doesn't work on AMD and based on what I have seen so far, I also find it unlikely that Klei has written any "Intel only" code, partly because it's a lot harder to do with modern engines and partly because Klei generally produce clean code.

This leaves the question: why is it not working on the AMD chipsets? Also it seems to be working on some AMD chipsets according to the benchmark thread. Now is the time to think. What could make your computers different? The only thing I can think of right now you could do would be to assume a driver bug and downgrade some driver. You could also google your CPUs and Unity to see if anybody writes about stability issues. If that results in nothing, check GPUs too.

Also maybe it would be better to make a thread dedicated to crashes at startup rather than hijacking an existing thread.

Edited by Nightinggale