Any unknown mechanic to share?

With the new bug fixes to the states for reading books and playing pan flute, if you ever find yourself in a scenario where you accidentally use one of the two, and don't want to use up durability, you can immediately examine/inspect anything right after to cancel the usage. (This is because you are setting a new action to be done (that being examination) before the state for the previous action can be done).

236784006_GIF1-29-202311-50-27AM.thumb.gif.b9afe7624817df36088edbc2dd431e1d.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

(This is because you are setting a new action to be done (that being examination) before the state for the previous action can be done).

Wait does this mean that the bug where you examine and eat action spam on a food still makes you not starve?

One ultra-niche use for bed roll:

image.png.70828974bd97bc84d22539f19a711922.png

- If night time is coming

- If there are no emergency sources of light close-by (like fireflies)

- If you are stuck without twigs for a torch, but do have grass on you

- And if you are server admin and can't disconnect for light otherwise server shuts down

You can quickly craft an emergency straw roll and sleep the night away, while complaining about twiggy trees :D

Also gives bonus 30 health and 40 sanity per minute slept

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 3
  • GL Happy 3

9 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

You can quickly craft an emergency straw roll and sleep the night away, while complaining about twiggy trees :D

If you're on a twiggy tree world remember that:

1) cutting down the smallest version of twiggy trees gives you 1 twig for just 5 swings of your axe,

and

2) a pine cone can be planted and immediately dug up for a twig, giving you 4 logs and 2 twigs for each largest pine tree you chop down.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 5

Equipping two of WX-78's thermal circuits can heat up a thermal stone to the point of producing light, effectively giving you a discount light circuit during winter, and emitting 60 heat constantly for your friends. It is also amusing to fill your inventory with thermal stones to produce so much light in a small area it looks bugged.

Stagehand produces a special blueprint after 86 hammer hits regardless of the strength of the hammer. So, Wes uses less hammer durability per blueprint and Woodie's Beaver form can collect about 8-9 blueprints (which can be converted into regular paper) throughout the entirety of it's duration.

The most cost effective recipe for Surf n' Turf is 1 fish meat, 1 fish morsel, 1 monster meat, and 1 bone or nightmare fuel.

Catcoons accept wooden bobbers and Wes's Balloons (The balloons you can equip) as gifts. They are also capable of jumping onto a boat, so their gift giving mechanic presents opportunities to collect resources you would otherwise be unable to acquire while on the ocean.

The Tail o' Three Cats breaks the brains of Rock Lobsters and Snurtles. For whatever reason the code for creature shielding does not correctly end when it's interrupted by a whip crack, resulting in them remaining completely docile until death, or you leave them alone until the end shielding timer ends. (This is literally a bug, so don't be surprised if it stops working)

Honey Nugget's are extremely efficient for Woodie since they are his favorite food, are relatively cheap, last 15 days, and heal for exactly the amount taken by his idols.

Farm plots can store up to 100 of each type of nutrients, so crop setups like this can produce all giant crops if you rotate the placement of the top and bottom every harvest. There are better methods I incorrectly assumed wouldn't work. Ignore this one.

Spoiler

warlyfarm.JPG.ffeb38aa896e0cddc08725d4ab25af4f.JPG

Homeless bees plant a flower after every 6th flower visited. Catching 6 butterflies, and 4 bees, briefly visiting the caves to remove the bee's connection to it's hive, and releasing them into your flower field will constantly produce flowers so long as a player is close enough to load the bees in.

Homeless bees also spread evil flowers.

Edited by ButterStuffed
  • Like 14

4 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

Honey Nugget's are extremely efficient for Woodie since they are his favorite food, are relatively cheap, last 15 days, and heal for exactly the amount taken by his idols

Honey Nuggets are underrated, they give pretty good healing.

• Like 3

A bit late since the event ended yesterday but you can kill the YOTB bunnymen with fire if you block their path. Just make sure you have something to put out the fire after. Usually they can only take up to 1 dmg from the player before they go down into the ground.

This is useful because they will drop a night cap and the pillow they are holding, plus you get to grab the one they are sleeping on. Useful for skiping the first tiers of pillows.

I hope klei doesn't fix this one because it's the only way to make bunny puffs renewable currently. Useful for nothing worlds since you can get carrots gold and wood!

Bonus interesting mechanic: If you teleport a bunny in a dock and he sinks, he'll drop the pillow and reappear on land without one, you can challenge him but they seem to be bugged. They'll go to the arena but won't participate nor count towards the lucky nugget rewards.

• Like 5

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but I just realized that Webber can keep a spider war for an indefinite time with a very good profit of glands and monster meat (not silk).

If you plant at least 4 tier 3 spider eggs in a small area, make a spider war, as soon as the war starts to die off you can trim the nests to tier 2 with a razor, which will reset the spiders. Sensing the war outside, these spiders will immediately come out and join the fight.
Once all the (now T2) nests spiders came out and are already fighting, you can then improve back the nests to T3 with the silk the war gives you, which will again reset the spiders and make them continue the war.

It is work intensive, works better with a lazy forager if you have fuel to spare, but even without a forager, it can be made since the early game which is a nice kickstart of glands, food, gold, or even Spitter Spiders with a Wilson friend.  

• Like 5

Food contained in Wilson's beard storage is not affected by trap setpieces that spoil your food, although it might be a bug. So far my only experience with this is when I hammered a food spoilage chest trap setpiece, where all food but the bluecap in my beard was drastically reduced in freshness.

Edited by Catchee
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but I just realized that Webber can keep a spider war for an indefinite time with a very good profit of glands and monster meat (not silk).

If you plant at least 4 tier 3 spider eggs in a small area, make a spider war, as soon as the war starts to die off you can trim the nests to tier 2 with a razor, which will reset the spiders. Sensing the war outside, these spiders will immediately come out and join the fight.
Once all the (now T2) nests spiders came out and are already fighting, you can then improve back the nests to T3 with the silk the war gives you, which will again reset the spiders and make them continue the war.

It is work intensive, works better with a lazy forager if you have fuel to spare, but even without a forager, it can be made since the early game which is a nice kickstart of glands, food, gold, or even Spitter Spiders with a Wilson friend.  

I am confused.. how do spiders give gold?

3 hours ago, Catchee said:

Food contained in Wilson's beard storage is not affected by trap setpieces that spoil your food, although it might be a bug. So far my only experience with this is when I hammered a food spoilage chest trap setpiece, where all food but the bluecap in my beard was drastically reduced in freshness.

I wonder if beard storage prevents the food from becoming wet, or spoiling due to Toadstool's spore clouds.

• Ninja 1

2 hours ago, DeadWhereX said:

Turning monster meat into eggs and giving them to Pig King I think.

Oh that makes sense! I rarely ever put a bird in birdcage, it just feels so broken to get absurd amounts of Eggs by feeding them MM, Eggs by themselves isn’t what I find broken it’s the pierogi you can cook up with it that feels OP. So for me Eggs were so rare and needed to be stollen from Penguins or Tallbirds that I didn’t even KNOW you can trade them to PigKing for Gold lol..

Although why anyone would do that when they can just go open tumbleweeds in a desert get a rubber bung & take that to him for him to shower you in gold is equally confusing..

3 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

I wonder if beard storage prevents the food from becoming wet, or spoiling due to Toadstool's spore clouds.

Tested this. It seems to make food immune to becoming wet (that or it has higher tolerance) but is affected the same way by Toadstool's spores.

• Like 4

On 2/28/2023 at 7:43 PM, Shosuko said:

If you're on a twiggy tree world remember that:

1) cutting down the smallest version of twiggy trees gives you 1 twig for just 5 swings of your axe,

and

2) a pine cone can be planted and immediately dug up for a twig, giving you 4 logs and 2 twigs for each largest pine tree you chop down.

experienced having a twiggy tree world where I didn't find a single twig before the first nightfall. You still need a twig to craft an axe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

By using Wilson's skill tree, it is possible to extinguish a torch on the ground with an icestaff and keep the light going indefinitely until the server is reloaded. However, as this is likely a glitch so best to enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by Dreadle
  • Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

5 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

experienced having a twiggy tree world where I didn't find a single twig before the first nightfall. You still need a twig to craft an axe

I don't know that I've ever had luck that bad, but yeah that sucks !! lol

You could log in / out in the night for the free log-in light source.  I've done that a few times to dodge a darkness related death XD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

why not just regen a world? You can get twiggy trees in a world with saplings, but not vice versa