Any unknown mechanic to share?

When playing as WX-78, it is not uncommon for one's first circuit choice to be the acceleration circuit. 
When charged ciruits are removed, they deplete as many charges as they occupied, as well as 25% durability.
Because of this, the acceleration circuit will always leave you completely uncharged when removed, resulting in a whole 9 minutes of recharging.

However, there is a workaround for this.

If a circuit is removed before it is charged, the charge will not be depleted.
Therefore, when you want to change from the acceleration circuit to any different circuits, you can add +15 wetness (through waterballoons or oars) or intentionally starve yourself momentarily to lose 1 charge, then remove the acceleration circuit to retain 5/6 charges (saving you 7,5 minutes of waiting)

Edited by Bronzebot
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 10

On 3/1/2023 at 10:09 PM, ButterStuffed said:

Homeless bees plant a flower after every 6th flower visited. Catching 6 butterflies, and 4 bees, briefly visiting the caves to remove the bee's connection to it's hive, and releasing them into your flower field will constantly produce flowers so long as a player is close enough to load the bees in.

Just catching the bees causes them to become homeless. So you don't need to unlink them from the hive.

• Like 6

If for some reason you need to farm a huge amount of Ice (Ice Cream, Aspragazpacho) and can't wait for Winter you can turn logs and gems/nitre into Ice as WX-78:

Equip two Refrigeration Circuits

Make Oars

Spam row into the shore to increase wetness

At max wetness you will drop some Ice

Wetness will sap your charge so have a Winona Generator/Gemerator on hand to recharge and maybe some healing/sanity food as well

• Sanity 1

On 3/26/2023 at 1:10 PM, gamehun20 said:

Just use water balloons those are quicker to make you reach 100 wetness

Logs are plentiful late game, Mosquito Sacks can be farmed with Bunny Hutches but only if you're nearby. Water Balloons also drop your temperature so low you will be constantly freezing

• Like 1

Not really an unknown mechanic, but I didn’t notice it until yesterday, apparently.. you can obtain Gold from shoveling up neglected farm crop plot debris.

Also if you put a normal fire and Endo fire near each other and fuel them the same amount standing in the center of both- your thermal stone stays neutral.

Both cool things I discovered while playing yesterday. :) 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 4

On 3/31/2023 at 5:24 AM, Waitdire said:

I don't know why, but if you kill Tree Guardians or mushroom gnomes with fire, they will never fall ashes, the living wood that falls will smolder.

I feel like all mobs killed by fire should just have their drops smolder. That way you could still get the loot if you're prepared with an extinguisher while also Losing it should you not

• Like 6
  • Health 2

1 hour ago, JosePapp said:

I feel like all mobs killed by fire should just have their drops smolder.

But what then should happen to the prey that is not subject to smoldering or arson by the player? (mechanisms, MacTusk, teeth)

2 hours ago, Waitdire said:

But what then should happen to the prey that is not subject to smoldering or arson by the player? (mechanisms, MacTusk, teeth)

I mean they already drop as ashes so this would be a solid improvement 

• Like 2

You can store Lightbulbs in Wilson’s beard, I’m not sure if it helps to slow their spoilage time (would be awesome if it does..) but it does free up an inventory slot by putting bulbs in the beard.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Evelo said:

Wormwood's full bloom does not last a full 3 days during winter. (That or I can't count)

it indeed lasts less time during winter. iirc it also progresses to next stage of bloom(from 1st to 2nd, from 2nd to 3rd)slower during that time, but not 100% sure on this one. 

• Like 2

You can calculate how many blue caps you need to bring to a ruins rush based on how much armor you have. Each football helmet and log suit absorbs 80% damage, and has 315 durability - so it total, you can take ~394 damage with one, 315 going to the armor and 79 to your health, which almost perfectly equals 4 blue caps.

So, for example, if you're going to the ruins with 4 helmets, by the time you've used all of them up, you'll need 16 blue caps to heal all the damage taken. Of course it never hurts going a bit overboard, since you can often find extra armor in the AG maze or use thulecite crowns, but this rule of thumb can still be pretty useful in a pinch.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 2

On 4/1/2023 at 12:06 PM, gamehun20 said:

Oh no you have to kill something you can stun lock with a spear 

Logs are way easier to farm and more useful than mosquito sacks. I would rather farm logs and use those to make Ice and have logs at the end of the day than mosquito sacks

• Like 2

Fire pits now drop charcoal if they were fueled above 75%. Charcoal is flammable, and dwarf stars are uncontrolled fire sources.

If you, say, happen to be too lazy to have fought Dragonfly before winter in your current game and want to use a fire pit as a substitute for Scaled Furnace, throwing down a dwarf star on top of it to easily heat up your thermal stones... don't. It'll burn your base down unless you put it out with ice. Which is something that totally didn't happen to me.

• Haha 5

I don’t feel like creating an entirely new thread for these, but they’re not really “unknown” Mechanics.. I guess it still counts though if they’re Unknown to anyone reading so..

sometime back ago Klei updated the World Generations Settings tab, prior to this update you could only make changes to your world BEFORE generating a new world. But After this update you can now at any time you desire exit your existing world and change settings to your liking- you can take a world you originally set up in “Survival” and change the settings to “Endless” or “Wilderness” so if you wanted to play in a long existing world that you’ve had In survival mode that you now want to change to the Random spawn nature of Wilderness- You can now actually DO THAT with the new “Reworked” World Gen settings. You can also toggle on/off/more or less of certain features your fond of/less fond of about the game. 

The new Lunar Rifts while Controversial: Can be toggled off after Activation, they can also.. if you choose to do so- Be activated ON without needing to do the associated CC Quest.

Another Unknown Mechanic not too many people may be aware of but when Klei released the “Setting the Stage” Update they also added a Mannequin structure into the game that you can place Armors and items onto- it Could be used purely for Decoration… Sure, But I’ve actually managed to kill Dragonfly by setting up suits of armors with weapons attached to them in a circular pattern around Dragonfly and when One Suit of Armor and Weapon starts to loss durability, quickly swap to the new set that’s on the mannequins around her. No Walls, No Cheese, just straight up mountains of weapons and armor on mannequin displays.

This is about to be REPEATED with the upcoming update that will be adding a Training Dummy Structure to the game- unless Klei patches it out (I hope they won’t..) you’ll be able to place these strategically around your map for your Beefalo to attack to help train it in the Fighters Trait.

57 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t feel like creating an entirely new thread for these, but they’re not really “unknown” Mechanics.. I guess it still counts though if they’re Unknown to anyone reading so..

sometime back ago Klei updated the World Generations Settings tab, prior to this update you could only make changes to your world BEFORE generating a new world. But After this update you can now at any time you desire exit your existing world and change settings to your liking- you can take a world you originally set up in “Survival” and change the settings to “Endless” or “Wilderness” so if you wanted to play in a long existing world that you’ve had In survival mode that you now want to change to the Random spawn nature of Wilderness- You can now actually DO THAT with the new “Reworked” World Gen settings. You can also toggle on/off/more or less of certain features your fond of/less fond of about the game. 

The new Lunar Rifts while Controversial: Can be toggled off after Activation, they can also.. if you choose to do so- Be activated ON without needing to do the associated CC Quest.

Another Unknown Mechanic not too many people may be aware of but when Klei released the “Setting the Stage” Update they also added a Mannequin structure into the game that you can place Armors and items onto- it Could be used purely for Decoration… Sure, But I’ve actually managed to kill Dragonfly by setting up suits of armors with weapons attached to them in a circular pattern around Dragonfly and when One Suit of Armor and Weapon starts to loss durability, quickly swap to the new set that’s on the mannequins around her. No Walls, No Cheese, just straight up mountains of weapons and armor on mannequin displays.

This is about to be REPEATED with the upcoming update that will be adding a Training Dummy Structure to the game- unless Klei patches it out (I hope they won’t..) you’ll be able to place these strategically around your map for your Beefalo to attack to help train it in the Fighters Trait.

Ah yes, changing world settings is an unknown mechanic. I have been living in lies my entire time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4