Any unknown mechanic to share?

4 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

if u use lantern and take it out from slot - character still lights, its annoying people because u have freee hands and shining

You can't use anything in that free hand. They fixed that bug quite a while ago. It works like that so it doesn't extinguish if you're trying to drop it on the ground.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You can't use anything in that free hand. They fixed that bug quite a while ago. It works like that so it doesn't extinguish if you're trying to drop it on the ground.

ow, we have world without caves, i dont check it before posting

u can use bush hat to hide dirrectly on tentacle if you do it really fast

more people on screen area - more butterflys will spawn

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

if u use lantern and take it out from slot - character still lights, its annoying people because u have freee hands and shining

smallbirds spawn after some time (dont know what exactly time it is) and if u dont visit them for a long time there will be tooooooo many of them from every nest, because they spawn and spawn again and again

Actually in my world they re mothers(Tallbirds) will kill them before they mature always. I thought that s always the case.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

more people on screen area - more butterflys will spawn

Interesting. I was always wondering why butterfly farms seemed inconsistent. Sometimes they would produce a near constant stream of them, and other times it would take significantly longer in-between spawns.

• Like 2

if you put 2 crockpods near to each other  - u can put freezer between them (if you put freezer first - crocpods can be placed on long distance only)

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Interesting. I was always wondering why butterfly farms seemed inconsistent. Sometimes they would produce a near constant stream of them, and other times it would take significantly longer in-between spawns.

everyone have to move during farm

2 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

Actually in my world they re mothers(Tallbirds) will kill them before they mature always. I thought that s always the case.

no, if you will not wisit that area

save waterbaloons to winter - they will help you in pvp fights (enemy you watered will freeze super fast)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

On 25/05/2019 at 7:14 PM, Hell-met said:

Isn't this reliant on dusk/night? I think they're hostile regardless of house at day.

Nope even during day ;) Only the houseless merm aggro when ever

-You can do the moon event and leave the staff in the moon socket. It will give infinite light and coolness. You can build 2 scale furnace on each side and it will create a zone that you never suffer from ANY of the temperature effect.

- i saw it once of twice already but the most efficient way to do meaty stew is 1 meat, 1 monster meat, 2 (morsel, frog leg, drumstick or fish).

-You can keep Bearger alive to fight deerclop during winter. Bearger is way stronger then deerclop because he is hibernating and will win 100% of the time. Be mindful that he can eat deerclop eyeball on the floor.

- Koalefant have the herd mentality meaning that if you attack one they will all aggro on you. Usefull against hounds if you manage to put a certain number of koalefant in the same zone.

-Bunnyman will aggro on you if you attack pigman.

-You can attack unwanted slurtle/snurtle with a torch to insta kill them.

-During Year of the varg, you can use the clay hounds to kill dragonfly.PS_Messages_20190604_095826.thumb.jpg.b63c6aa5cced58aba4588ad3dad11a28.jpg

Edited by Warlockadamm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

while u play Webber u can make spider wars, feed one spider, then hit another, and all around spiders will connect to fight

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a moment when u klick button to attack and make a damage -  at that moment he rice hand and if u quicly move out - u will not hit anyone, but your minion spider will attack. so, they start fight and will not attack you - collect all loot instant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The best method to farm Krampus via Wicker's books:

1. Set up a large Tooth trap field on a truf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

2. Prepare armor, a Boomerang, and a melee weapon

3. prepare Birds of the World and Sleepytime Stories

4. prepare some heals and sanity regen

5. REad Birds of the world

6. Read STS

7. Start whacking the birds

8. When the birds start to wake up and the krampii haven't spawned yet, stop moving, then read BIrds of the World and STS ASAP so they don't fly off

9. When the Krampii arrive, aggro them with the boomerang if the drops in the tooth trap field do not entice them

10. repeat as desired

Edited by GetNerfedOn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

turf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

The reason you want to do this is because red/blue birds give twice as much naughtiness as crows, which will make your farm twice as efficient. If you have the reeds/sanity/fuel to spare, you could farm crows for their black feathers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Sew Thermal Stones

Burn bee boxes to avoid bees

Drop rocks to kill moles

You can Actually hit Rabbits

Twiggy trees can never cease to exist 

Hammering pig heads on full moon grants NM 

You can catch up to butterflies and kill them

You can 

Type /emote < message> for a cool announcement system.

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The best method to farm Krampus via Wicker's books:

1. Set up a large Tooth trap field on a truf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

2. Prepare armor, a Boomerang, and a melee weapon

3. prepare Birds of the World and Sleepytime Stories

4. prepare some heals and sanity regen

5. REad Birds of the world

6. Read STS

7. Start whacking the birds

8. When the birds start to wake up and the krampii haven't spawned yet, stop moving, then read BIrds of the World and STS ASAP so they don't fly off

9. When the Krampii arrive, aggro them with the boomerang if the drops in the tooth trap field do not entice them

10. repeat as desired

Or, get the help of other player.

2 Birds of the world Read 

1 STS read

Both use at least an axe ( get rod of them axes on the ground ) to kill all the birds

By far the best way to farm krampus, no need for tooth traps, waste of resources.

( make a 5x5 turf area, fenced in and no need to worry about the krampii, they will try to grab the feathers on the ground, use around 2 books of BotW and then start killing the krampii. ) ez pz.

Edited by CrimXane
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

To super improve the honey production:

-plant 18 flowers (catch butterflies with bug net, and plant them on the ground) near the bee boxes

-collect the honey from the bee boxes early during the day

all bees inside the box will leave to hit you, then run to the flower camp and keep runing util they lose agro.

Now all bees are already sitting on flowers making honey

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

22 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The most efficient you can get with Meaty Stew is 2 meat, 1 monster meat, and a morsel.

That's not efficient at all, that's one morsel wasted. Monster meat counts as one full meat so after putting two large pieces of meat and 1 moster meat, any filler will do; ice, birchnut, berry... Instead, the most efficient recipe for meaty ster is probably a meat, a monster meat and two morsels.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 11

23 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Spiky Bushes grow during winter, need no fertilizer and are resistant to disease, though caring for them is annoying due to their lengthy pick animations and the damage they deal forcing you to wear armor or take heals.

To add onto this you can shovel up the Spiky Bushes which will yield any twigs they have grown, and will not damage you, and then replant them immediately after.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Bees will not come out of their beeboxes during winter.

Beeswill still produce honey if you're far away for long enough, even during winter. This also works in caves.

If you're Willow, you can abuse fire and continually hit enemies if they're on fire, and they wont be able to attack back since they're panicking. You can use your lighter to burn enemies. Usefull if you want to kill Beefalo for the meat and don't want any more pesky wool, or to remove hounds.

Also, Willow can actually use the lava pools. Usefull if you're out adventuring and need to cook some stuff, so you don't waste the lighters durability.

Also also, funny little fact: Willow does not gain sanity when standing next to literal lava, but will gain sanity while being on fire.

Wendy can craft multible flowers. If Abigail "dies", you can instantly spawn her again if you have another flower ready.

You can use Glommers Goop as fertilizer. Idk WHY you would use it for that, but hey.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Wendy can craft multible flowers. If Abigail "dies", you can instantly spawn her again if you have another flower ready.

Does Abigail's death count as a sacrifice. If it does you could start a hilariously endless loop of death and rebirth

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Does Abigail's death count as a sacrifice. If it does you could start a hilariously endless loop of death and rebirth

When Wendy summons Abigail, all other active flowers in her inventory appear reset to the first stage. After Abigail dies, the flowers return to the "ready" state. So your Abigail can't trigger your flowers. No idea how it works with other friendly Wendys.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

That's not efficient at all, that's one morsel wasted. Monster meat counts as one full meat so after putting two large pieces of meat and 1 moster meat, any filler will do; ice, birchnut, berry... Instead, the most efficient recipe for meaty ster is probably a meat, a monster meat and two morsels.

thanks for clarifying :)

2 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

To add onto this you can shovel up the Spiky Bushes which will yield any twigs they have grown, and will not damage you, and then replant them immediately after.

Or you can ask for the help of the local Woodie to beaver up and gnaw them all, too.

- You can make fishsticks with 2 monster meat, a fish and a stick, since monster lasagna cannot contain sticks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

I think i am the only person in the entire universe that does this:

- You can convert pinecones into twigs by planting them and digging them with a shovel. 

I always end up with 300+ pinecones before I even notice, so I do this to turn them into something useful. 

Also, is that "put a campfire near a puddle/iceberg to make them disappear" thing true? First time I hear. Pretty useful. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Shopcat 1

If in case you wish to do something in the darkness:

1. Equip a torch

2. Equip the tool you desire in the mouse slot (e.g. a pickaxe)

3. Click the action you desire (e.g. a boulder)

4. Your character will be able to perform one action (e.g. one pickaxe strike)

5. Hurriedly reequip your torch

6. repeat as desired

As you can see, this is way slower than simply crafting and placing down a campfire or any light source or burning down a tree, so use it as you will

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, CrimXane said:

You can Actually hit Rabbits

Amen, my man

By the way, Cave Mushtrees will seasonally spawn Spores, which can be caught with a Bug Net and planted on Mushroom Planters. The spores last 15 days on a player's inventory, and yield up to 6 corresponding Mushrooms when planted. Just remember the season colour to know which ones are spawning:

Winter is Blue
Spring is Green
Summer is Red

Spoiler

Here's the math for planting spores:
It takes 4 days for planted spores to reach 6 caps, and optimally, 30 days for them to spoil in an Ice Box, so the most efficient method is to catch 7 spores per Planter, guaranteeing that no spore will rot before being planted, and yielding FORTY-TWO CAPS

Or just... Bundling Wrap, if you're not a fun guy, or gal

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, AdventZen said:

if you're not a fun guy, or gal

IMG-20180328-WA0000.thumb.jpg.6e9be288ac87dc637772763565214509.jpg

I am sorry.

Ask a mod to ban me or something, i don't deserve to live anymore. 

Edited by Misa22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Misa22 said:

Also, is that "put a campfire near a puddle/iceberg to make them disappear" thing true? First time I hear. Pretty useful. 

It is.
Fire of any kind will remove them if it's there long enough.
I usually leave a few sticks or grass near one to melt it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I just realized today that you can give pigs inedible items that they will later drop upon death. I haven't played with it too much if anyone knows more details about the mechanic. 

- you can give bunnyman or pigman headslot item, they will equip it and drop upon death( you can give them armor and recruit them fight for you)

- giving edible item and kill them before they eat it, the food will be dropped since it is in its inventory

8 hours ago, Misa22 said:

I think i am the only person in the entire universe that does this:

- You can convert pinecones into twigs by planting them and digging them with a shovel. 

I always end up with 300+ pinecones before I even notice, so I do this to turn them into something useful. 

- If I'm not wrong, anything that burn long enough around puddle/iceberg will melt and evaporate them ( for example, burning a log beside them )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3