Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

On 12/19/2021 at 9:51 PM, thegreatJash said:

Is the sprite for the Boat Kit and Deck Illuminator HD? If so, could someone post them please? Would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, both are in HD.

916305163_DeckIlluminator.gif.3e9d17122cdc00ab8bc999da00a844b1.gif714861432_boatkit.png.b6fcccd6a67b6186499d58f53295bd2e.png

On 12/20/2021 at 6:13 AM, Nickolai said:

Hey could anyone give me the farm plot turf textures?

Maybe it is that...  Edit: Gorge soil on the right. Maybe it's the same?

411453330_farmsoil.thumb.png.2a33b1fe6aa84db9f2a9a9fe22b52bb5.png860531719_gorgesoil.png.d8c9dbcb931109114ab2fba417fe5a4f.png

On 12/20/2021 at 5:06 PM, Paxtonnnn said:

Could someone give me a high quality image of the gingerbread and gingerpig profile icons?

Unfortunately these icons have file extensions the same as skin files, and cannot be opened without breaking some rules.

Edit: I found an accessible file with all the icons, but the quality is average.

profileflair_yule_gingerpig_tex.png.e990d7d6b3285ce427ef39950eea990c.pngprofileflair_yule_gingerbreadman_tex.png.22e7544938cf7eabac384bc37a6dc01a.png

For others interested, here are all the icons: : icons.zip

Edited by leonidas_iv
Add gorge soil texture and icons.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:38 PM, minespatch said:

Can I get the quotes for "Mess of a maze" ? I'm doing a script about Curio Collector for a future video, but I need to see his dialogue? 

I tried unzipping the files but I don't know what the dialogue location for trade inn games are.

Basically all quotes are in scripts/strings.lua.

Here is what you requested:

Spoiler

CROWKID_GAME =

{

GAME_SCORE = "Junk Found: ",

STEPS = "Steps Taken: ",

REPORTING = "Reporting tidying up'...",

THANKS = "Thanks for tidyin'",

GAME_OVER_POPUP_TITLE = "Thanks for tidyin'",

GAME_OVER_POPUP_BODY_25 = "You've collected 25 pieces of junk. That's a good start.",

GAME_OVER_POPUP_BODY_100 = "You've collected all of the junk. Thanks a million.",

OPEN_GIFT = "Open Gift",

HELP = "Help",

HELP_TITLE = "A Mess of a Maze",

HELP_BODY = "The Crows left a mess in the maze after last year's Cawnival. Move around the maze to pick up all of the leftover junk.",

},

SKIN_COLLECTOR_SPEECH_CROWKID =

{
            START =
            {
                "Those pesky crows always leave a mess! Mind tidying up?",
                "Those birdbrains left their Cawnival stuff all over the place! Go clear it out, would ya?",
                "This place is littered with old Cawnival junk. Mind taking care of it for me?"
            },

GAME_OVER_25 =
            {
                "Thanks for cleaning up, I got winded just watchin' ya.",
                "The place looks much better. Mighty obliged.",
            },

MORE =
            {
                "Keep goin', y'er doin' great!",
                "Don't stop now, ya missed a few over there!",
            },

GAME_OVER_100 =
            {
                "Amazin' work! I can't see a single piece of junk anymore!",
                "All tidy, just like it was before those pesky crows arrived.",
            },
        },

Edited by Leonidas IV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Leonidas IV said:

Does anyone know a tutorial, or would like to explain, how to "merge 2 Spritter files" (eg how to see a character holding a tool and its swap animations?

Posting here because of the skillful forumites here :)

Well, you can get the character to do the associated animation (in many cases) by yoinking the appropriate anim.bin and putting it with their files when extracting.

As for merging the graphics...I haven't actually figured out a way to properly do that with Krane and the included version of Spriter. Well, without a bunch of manual work.
I remember reading that there's a way to put an animation into another animation with Spriter Pro...

But if you have the output project of the character animation and the output project of the object animation...
My approach:
Export both Spriter animations as PNG sequences, using the same image dimensions for both projects.
Import each PNG sequence to Photoshop (there should be an 'Image Sequence' option).
Place both layers in the same place.
If they were using the same anim, they should now be perfectly aligned.
Save in applicable format for transparency.

Granted, this has mixed results, depending on what you're combining.
And...the output may need some adjusting within the project, given occasional hiccups in the extraction process, mismatches with files that weren't meant to go together, as well as the missing flags that the game would normally apply to hide certain body parts.

WillowWebIdle-a.gif.6a55419c8962f42cd8f4

• Like 5
  • Wavey 1

2 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Can anyone help me convert this file to png? My TEXTools says it needs an older version to convert it. TEXTool v1.2 says the same thing, so it looks like it needs the oldest version of this program

atlas-0.tex 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

I'm unable to since this is pre-caves. Where did you get this, does it have a build and anim to complement it?

1 час назад, -Вариант сказал:

Файлы слишком старые, чтобы открывать их в формате png. Однако я могу предоставить саму декомпилированную вещь.
Виннизиппи.zipff_018.png.b8f62a77656d207c0dd8114f13223b7d.png

I already have a decompiled Winnie, I need the png image of the tex file, but I'm grateful anyway.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

I already have a decompiled Winnie, I need the png image of the tex file, but I'm grateful anyway.

...oooh...I see what you're up to.

Here's the old converters: 

And the texture format I think you're looking for:

atlas-0.thumb.png.60425d7e6f10014de73ffb7eeb014d0c.png

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

I found quotes of all the characters in the game files when reacting to Rock light. Many of these quotes say it's a lava pit, but the quotes for it are separate and only Wilson has them. I tried to search the web for what it is, but only came across a post on April 4, 2014 when someone found it in the quote files for the RoG DLC.

However, there are quotes for him for all characters including Wagstaff, Wanda and DLC characters including Warbucks, except for non-speaking characters.Anyone have a guess what it is? Maybe I'm missing something? If someone is interested in quotes, then I wrote everything out here: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Features#Rock_Light