[Game Update] - 320841

• Developer
  • Updated artwork for Conveyor Ore Dropper
    • Updated artwork for Conveyor Shutoff
    • Astronaut Training Center is being temporarily removed
    • Skills screen button is unlocked by Skills Board building; appears in correct location in the menu bar
      • Skills screen shows different colours for expectations of hovered skills
    • Revisions to Steam Turbine
      • Further updated artwork for Steam Turbine
      • Status reflects partially blocked inputs
      • All the status item texts have been cleaned up
      • Minimum Steam pressure is now 1g
      • Displays active Wattage and Heat Output
      • Only Steam temperature is considered when evaluating input temperature
    • Automated Ore Dropper renamed to Ore Dump Station
      • It's now a ground building, and dispenses one tile to the right (or left).
      • Swapped temporary artwork to reflect it being a ground building
      • The port is now correctly an input port, to trigger dropping
    • Hooked up new Ice Fan artwork
      • Ice Fan actually consumes ice as it cools
    • Respeccer is now an Industrial Building, and can't be assigned to a room
      • Notification when a respec has been completed
    • Dupes should no longer get cut off by the scrollbar on the skills screen
    • Updated/Added hats for Medical skills
    • Removed obsolete Pharma Chamber and pills
    • Can once again right-click to close the various full-screen menus
    • Doctoring stations now require the correct skills to operate
      • Duplicants will not wait for care at a doctor station if there are no doctors in the base
    • Germs no longer randomly appear in various Jungle areas
    • Fix crash that could occur when connecting automation wires to a building
    • Slimelung has a reduced infection duration, and it actually decreases all the time
    • Fix crash if using a debug tool to set the temperature of a tile
    • Updated the descriptions on the Med Bed to indicate that it's only for physical injuries
    • Fix crash when selecting critters in the Database screen
    • Reverted a fix which prevented dupes from getting stuck jumping on to horizontal doors. The fix was causing them to get stuck at all locked doors. We are investigating another fix for the horizontal door problem.
    • Simplified Skills screen tooltips
    • Logic connection points have been restored to their proper positions on many buildings

View full update

• Like 8
    • Thanks 8

• Developer
    3 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Are some ports still changed ? (Maybe you could explain why they were moved ?)

If any are still changed, consider it a bug. Many of them got accidentally reset to the default position during development.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
    • Updated artwork for Conveyor Ore Dropper
    • Updated artwork for Conveyor Shutoff
    • Astronaut Training Center is being temporarily removed
    • Skills screen button is unlocked by Skills Board building; appears in correct location in the menu bar
      • Skills screen shows different colours for expectations of hovered skills
    • Revisions to Steam Turbine
      • Further updated artwork for Steam Turbine
      • Status reflects partially blocked inputs
      • All the status item texts have been cleaned up
      • Minimum Steam pressure is now 1g
      • Displays active Wattage and Heat Output
      • Only Steam temperature is considered when evaluating input temperature
    • Automated Ore Dropper renamed to Ore Dump Station
      • It's now a ground building, and dispenses one tile to the right (or left).
      • Swapped temporary artwork to reflect it being a ground building
      • The port is now correctly an input port, to trigger dropping
    • Hooked up new Ice Fan artwork
      • Ice Fan actually consumes ice as it cools
    • Respeccer is now an Industrial Building, and can't be assigned to a room
      • Notification when a respec has been completed
    • Dupes should no longer get cut off by the scrollbar on the skills screen
    • Updated/Added hats for Medical skills
    • Removed obsolete Pharma Chamber and pills
    • Can once again right-click to close the various full-screen menus
    • Doctoring stations now require the correct skills to operate
      • Duplicants will not wait for care at a doctor station if there are no doctors in the base
    • Germs no longer randomly appear in various Jungle areas
    • Fix crash that could occur when connecting automation wires to a building
    • Slimelung has a reduced infection duration, and it actually decreases all the time
    • Fix crash if using a debug tool to set the temperature of a tile
    • Updated the descriptions on the Med Bed to indicate that it's only for physical injuries
    • Fix crash when selecting critters in the Database screen
    • Reverted a fix which prevented dupes from getting stuck jumping on to horizontal doors. The fix was causing them to get stuck at all locked doors. We are investigating another fix for the horizontal door problem.
    • Simplified Skills screen tooltips
    • Logic connection points have been restored to their proper positions on many buildings

View full update

Lots of copy/paste typo in this patch: recieved → received ;)

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Can you please explain, how the current system works?
    Slimelung - infection.
    Is it random, could be triggered, even by one germ?

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Only Steam temperature is considered when evaluating input temperature

Nice!!!!  No more exploiting the turbine with other things. Very nice!!!!  (I walk away sad (and very happy) that all my exploits are now trash.....)

Wait, one exploit still (sortof) remains. I can still use this.

Spoiler

The infinite power loop bug should hopefully be easy to fix. I believe transformers are pulling power from dead batteries.  R9MX4 or @FIXBUGFIXBUGFIX even provided a dll to fix it.  This page should give you the details.

Spoiler

I'm guessing matter conversion and liquid duplication may take longer to fix (probably liquid duplication first, matter conversion last). Gotta get rid of those infinity stones (thanks @Sasza22)

Spoiler

Infinity.png.8bd5fd2f571605fb27ecf4beb02

For completeness, here is the pitcher pump cooling exploit link

Some of the collected wisdom from others has disappeared, as R9MX4 appears to be deleting/hiding all the bug posts which he owns. Comments made in these posts are no longer viewable, and unfortunately I have been using the bug report forum for collecting evidence of these bugs. I hope you guys can still see the "hidden" posts. 

Edited by mathmanican
    • Like 2
    • Haha 1

And it happens to often, too fast in my opinion. I play currently in very easy mode, to test the new features, without getting wiped out in 2 cycles.

And even in this mode, i have a hard time, keeping the dupes healthy. They also get sick inside suits someimes. Thats insane. 

But then, its a alpha-preview, they introduced something new, and the will make adjustements. Its just annoying at the moment, but thats okay. Nobody forced me to play the alpha ^^

• Like 1
    • Sad 1

Just now, nakomaru said:

The old system was honestly more like a parasitic load system or radiation sickness. Once you break the threshold you suffer, until then you don't notice. The new system makes intuitive sense as a model for bacteria/viruses. Even small exposures can take get through your immune system.

Mhh but that feels not so nice for me.
    Old immunity system was not perfect, but was understandable.
    When i order commands in a polluted area, all dupes stay there same time and it affects only one random dupe, without any warning (visible immunity data / similar), it tastes not so tasty, but sickness is still not a big deal in ONI.

12 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Can you please explain, how the current system works?
    Slimelung - infection.
    Is it random, could be triggered, even by one germ?

That is my impression. But now it can be cured! I had one Bubbles running around with it and never a decrease in time to heal. It is no longer lethal though.

Edited by Gurgel
    • Like 1

I'm very happy about most of the changes (except immunity change) so big THANK YOU for that. However i couldn't help to notice there are absolutely no performance updates this time. Last update helped a lot but we can't hide the fact that the game is still laggy AF after cycle 2000-ish. Performance goes rapidly down after building the jet suit station and even the best CPUs won't help long term.

What would be nice is to have an option to completely disable reports (at the start of the game). This could help with the lag after each cycle and tbh ... most players probably don't care or don't know about the reports anyway. I do like them, but i would happily trade them for better performance.

Another thing that "might" help with the lag is option to disable animation on buildings. When you have world that's completely dug out and half of it is industrial machines, each doing its own thing, i bet that must be quite taxing.

P.S. standalone airlock building (with decontamination feature) would be much appreciated ;););););) like in real life :) 

Edited by Ashpoker
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, akrabat14 said:

And how long will not change the fixed temperature system? To be honest, it is very unpleasant that water falls into water sieve -16C, but it turns out 39.9C

That's completely understandable because it's electrically powered building and so far the only way how to delete heat. polluted water is fine for early game cooling. Water sieve is one of the few things that is completely fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashpoker said:

That's completely understandable because it's electrically powered building and so far the only way how to delete heat. polluted water is fine for early game cooling. Water sieve is one of the few things that is completely fine.

it is at least not logical that whatever the temperature of the water purifier entering the outlet will be 39.9

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

And thanks for pushing this (and the other fixes) before the weekend! Means I can play.

Just now, akrabat14 said:

it is at least not logical that whatever the temperature of the water purifier entering the outlet will be 39.9

This is a game of fiction. It is not based on reality. Logic has nothing to do with this. Logic takes the base-facts and derives things from them and one base axiom is the output temperature of the sieve. As the sieve is not constructed from components, it is an atom and hence can have whatever characteristics the developers like without breaking logic.

• Like 1

Just now, akrabat14 said:

How's that not logical ? don't you have a kettle at home ? water + electricity = heated water. And why would you ever put -16 degree water into a sieve ? Run it through some coal generators first and then when it's let's say 60-70 degrees run it through sieve and into the bathroom. Perfect system.

5 hours ago, Gurgel said:

It is no longer lethal though.

I feel like Keli is wrapping my colony in figurative bubble wrap because they don't want me dupes to get hurt.  My dupe are big boys and girls, Klei, a bruised knee or runny nose won't kill 'em.

• Like 2

A small change i would see for this upgrade is to assign the medical room's toilets to the room, so that only the sick dupe will use these toilets, i ususally build toilet in my room to get the bonus but i have to disable it because everytime a dupe is going to use these toilets even if it is further than the others.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

More things that attack you doesn't make have to make the game harder. 

It clearly does because you would have to change your playstyle and focus from just building to building and defense. It would also restrict you from going everywhere immediately. you would have to prepare, think and make a plan how to conquer the whole asteroid. 

Edited by Ashpoker
    • Like 1