[Game Update] - 320841

1 hour ago, Ashpoker said:

It clearly does because you would have to change your playstyle and focus from just building to building and defense. It would also restrict you from going everywhere immediately. you would have to prepare, think and make a plan how to conquer the whole asteroid. 

And it would make the Pacifist trait an actual negative, which it's supposed to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, goboking said:

I feel like Keli is wrapping my colony in figurative bubble wrap because they don't want me dupes to get hurt

Grace Keli is dead, behind the turn of the road death was lurking....

er, I mean, meanwhile I feel like a goddess because I never had any duplicant dying to disease, ever. Ain't anyone dying on my watch!

Incidentally, as much as I love management-sandbox-builders, I equally suck as much at them. Though ONI is apparently different considering how others perceive it as more difficult, yet I do not... welp, I'm now a goddess I guess~

2 hours ago, Ashpoker said:

It clearly does because you would have to change your playstyle

and so does the new system make one change their playstyle~

Seriously, this game is not made for combat and who says that having more aggressive critters, which ofc have to be more plentiful in number, is not a boon? Or do you not intend to let them drop meat or anything of use because "gameplay balance"?

HP is a resource which indeed many would like to trade away, it does replenish on its own and has no real use besides keeping athletics up.

This game is made to be as difficult as one wants it to be, i.e you set the difficulty not only by the initial settings but with your pace and how many duplicants you accept. The gameflow is a constant breaking of the status quo, the challenge is progress, no death.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

And it would make the Pacifist trait an actual negative, which it's supposed to be.

This reminds me that Flatulence is also supposedly a negative trait or Gourmet a positive one~

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

the challenge is progress, no death

after humble 700h+ played (which is embarrassingly low number, but i'm working on it), the game itself is not a challenge at all. And imo if you have to create challenges yourself then the game is lacking in options. Aggressive monsters would be awesome addition to the gameplay variety and challenge. You could always opt out of it when creating world :) Having an option to add something in worldgen is always better than not having the option at all. 

• Like 2

Just a random general approval word. After some hours spent in the new version, I really like the overall direction the game pushed. Outstanding work from the devs. Pretty happy with the new little gadgets and optmistic to try the steam turbine the first time.

Edited by Junksteel

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:09 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Automated Ore Dropper renamed to Ore Dump Station

• It's now a ground building, and dispenses one tile to the right (or left).

Currently the Dump Station has a bug where the settings are not saved when the game saves game.   Upon reloading a saved games, all the settings get cleared out.     
Animation and dispense location seems opposite from the tiny little door, so when it dispenses the stuff doesn't come out of the door side.  Maybe its just a temporary art for now but there is no visual indication on which direction the stuff comes out of.  would be nice to know so we can setup a pit behind where the dump happens to have a warehouse like setup in the pit with arms. sorting it.

the game itself is not a challenge at all

My current challenge is to convert all my shine bugs to abbys bugs. Why? To get rid of the pesky abbysalite (i have 540 tones of it) , and is uncrushable, so the only way is abbys bugs (lots of them) or insulation, then dispose of it. The challenge isn't to convert tamed ones but all the wild ones. The path is Shine bugs- sun bugs - pince bugs - coral bugs - azure bugs - abbys bugs - radiant bugs if you have lots of diamonds and don't have ways to dispose of them.

If you don't have challenge ask for some. 

This reminds me that Flatulence is also supposedly a negative trait

I played a game where i accepted only flatulent dupes. The only challenge was to make an area vacuum. Then i played only whit pacifist dupes (no killing of creatures), and i will play next whit only loud sleepers ones (separate barracks for every dupes)

Edited by tzionut
  • Like 3

• Developer
On 3/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, Yunru said:

When you get Gourmet and Gastrophobic :/

Is this still happening? I had a look at it recently and couldn't reproduce it, so I'd be interested to know if you're still coming across it.

14 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Is this still happening? I had a look at it recently and couldn't reproduce it, so I'd be interested to know if you're still coming across it.

Spending some of my precious time (while doing something else besides, or whatever one can claim as excuse), the answer I arrived at is either...

a) Yes, Screenshot below

b) Most probably not

And the winner is...

Spoiler

it did not even take a minute~

20190403235857_1.thumb.jpg.2ec9185b34f4862338bbc0bbc28dddea.jpg

I hope just by drag&drop you can also see the version number, if you do not have to zoom way out, which is indeed from today's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1