[Game Update] - 309851

• Developer

Hello spacefriends!

We're keeping the improvements train rolling today with the release of our latest Quality of Life Upgrade, QoL MK II! Our team has continued to scour their bug lists and review all the feedback you've given us here in the forums, and we've been working hard to improve our game systems and overall game performance.

A high level of focus in QoL Mk II has been directed toward adding tools to communicate how Duplicants are choosing jobs or moving around your base, giving you better, more efficient control of your colony. We've also added a whole batch of unusual Space Artifacts for you to display on your Pedestals, and some exciting new upgrades to the Printing Pod's capabilities. And we've knocked out all kinds of bugs and crashes thanks to your reports!

Throughout the rest of the QoL Upgrades we will be continuing to monitor your feedback for more information on how we can improve the game. We've made some serious progress on bugs and polish this update, but there's still lots more to come! We've got even more systems to balance and optimization to perform.

As of the QoL MK II release, Oxygen Not Included is now also available on the Epic Game Store. The game is still in Early Access, and we plan to follow the same Testing/Release schedule on Epic that we currently do on Steam. We're supporting both platforms that the Epic Game Store supports, currently PC and Mac.

A big thank you to everyone who participated in our open testing branch, we hope you enjoy QoL MK II!

What's New and Improved?

• Printing Pod can now print objects other than Duplicants, to give your colony that little extra boost
  • Added a new priority to the Priority tool, "!!". This will make a highest-priority errand and put the base into Red Alert mode until the errand is complete
  • Added a new side screen for Duplicants which shows all the chores they can perform, and what order they will perform them in
  • Added a new "Errands" tab for buildings (other objects coming soon!) which shows what chores are available there and which Duplicants can work on those chores
  • Reports Menu now shows a more accurate and better categorized breakdown of where Duplicants are spending their time
  • Reports Menu now shows how many errands have been created and completed each day
  • "Long Commute Times" notification if Duplicants have a high percentage of travel time in a day
  • New Artifacts can be returned from space missions, either by astronauts or space tourists -- display them on Pedestals for high decor!
    • Eggs can now also be placed on Pedestals
  • Rocket modules now have a "Launch Tower" background that shows where the rocket will land even after it has taken off

There have also been many bug fixes and minor improvements. Check out the full changelist <LINK TODO!!> for all the details!

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

What are the system requirements?
Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future. 

• OS: Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit
  • Processor: I5 2.0 GHz Dual core(or AMD equivalent)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 1.5 GB available space

How often can we expect new updates while you're in EA?
All new content is being released as part of our regular game Upgrades every eight weeks. Check the update timer in the main menu to see how long to go until the next update!

Is there OSX support for this game?
Yes!

What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.

I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
Come let us know about it on the forums!

Will there be multiplayer?
There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

The only thing I really dislike about the update:

-Duplicants can once again walk across the tops of doors, as well as across bunker doors, even when open.

I would prefer duplicant´s not walking across open horizontal doors.

(Top and bottom side of the door have a fixed point that could be walkable, so my concern is just regarding horizontal doors.)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

The only thing I really dislike about the update:

-Duplicants can once again walk across the tops of doors, as well as across bunker doors, even when open.

I would prefer duplicant´s not walking across open horizontal doors.

(Top and bottom side of the door have a fixed point that could be walkable, so my concern is just regarding horizontal doors.)

Why wouldn't you want them to be able to walk across them?  It makes it easier to traverse the space biome. 

Tile and Drywall overlapping is now disallowed in both construction orders

Why? Whyyyyyy???:( After this It is currently not possible to change any room in the space without loosing a gas inside it e.g you can't build multiple layers of wall and then deconstruct them inside.

Edited by Vampyre_by
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

Why wouldn't you want them to be able to walk across them?  It makes it easier to traverse the space biome. 

Feels strange if a duplicant walks across a 4 tile wide gap ;) (And I need to rework some automated systems xD)

Just my opinion and nothing to really complain about.

Just messed a bit around with the new "!!" priority and here is something I would complain about:

- Setting a stroage compactor to "!!" will trigger a red alert till the storage bin is full, even if there is nothing left to store.

- Setting a sweep errand to "!!" will not trigger a red alert and my duplicants preceive the task with a low priority.

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Throughout the rest of the QoL Upgrades we will be continuing to monitor your feedback for more information on how we can improve the game. We've made some serious progress on bugs and polish this update, but there's still lots more to come! We've got even more systems to balance and optimization to perform.

@Ipsquiggle: Just to clarify and to prepare our emotion curves. Does this mean that the next update will most likely be QoL Mk III?

Edited by blash365
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vampyre_by said:
  • Why? Whyyyyyy???:( After this It is currently not possible to change any room in the space without loosing a gas inside it e.g you can't build multiple layers of wall and then deconstruct them inside.

Let me +1 to this.  Makes it impossible to reorganize pressurized rooms above ground.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vampyre_by said:
  • Why? Whyyyyyy???:( After this It is currently not possible to change any room in the space without loosing a gas inside it e.g you can't build multiple layers of wall and then deconstruct them inside.

Doors have a new thing behind them which prevents gasses and liquids from escaping through the back