Cheerio

Oxygen Not Included Mac OSX Branch - Now Open for Testing

njut    0

Thank you!

Keep doing things like that, we love ya guys!

Hi guys... just checking this out now... I've already noticed though that the maximum resolution for my MacBook Pro retina is only 1440 x 900. Feels a bit blurry compared to playing in 1920x1400 in boot camp. Is there a way to change this? 

mf99k    256

Tried playing the mac version and the game crashed right before it loaded the character screen

Posted (edited)

I got the game to test it on a mac. I tried to play the game. I got to the main screen. I clicked to load a new game. It said that the game crashed and to report it. So, I did. The game closed after reporting. So, I tried to play it again. The same thing occurred. I cannot play the game, unfortunately due to this. 

I understand this is in beta and the game is new to a mac format.  I'll keep you posted if anything else occurs on the mac version. 

Thank you for making this available to Mac users

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 9.16.24 PM.png

Edited by LazlowtheDeer
to make it look cooler

Arash70    59
Posted (edited)

Today I bought this game, because I kind of like its gameplay style, it is basically a visual operating system building game :D (maybe thats why people's bases get eaten by blackholes aka deadlocks)

Also, since I got the DST gift long time ago from klei because of purchasing DS, I wanted to show some support.

Only problem is there's no linux version, so I'll have go to my laptop for playing it.

So please do a linux version, I'd be happy to test it.

Edited by Arash70

255    36

@mf99k: Could you try submitting a crash report using the in-game dialog, and let us know approximately what time you did so?

mf99k    256
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 255 said:

@mf99k: Could you try submitting a crash report using the in-game dialog, and let us know approximately what time you did so?

ONI crash.rtf

The game itself didn't give me any error messages or log.txts, so this is the log from the mac "Oxygen Not Included has quit unexpectedly" window.

I did this just now, so about 1:15 pm pacific time

the game window literally just vanishes when it tries to load the character screen.

Edited by mf99k

255    36

@mf99k Could you upload the contents of <Your_home_directory>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log after a crash?

mf99k    256
6 minutes ago, 255 said:

@mf99k Could you upload the contents of <Your_home_directory>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log after a crash?

Found it :) Player.log

mf99k    256
1 minute ago, 255 said:

@mf99k: Thanks. What are you using for hardware?

as in the computer itself or the harddrive?

mf99k    256
Just now, 255 said:

@mf99k: The computer itself.

It's a 13 inch macbook pro, probably around 5 years old give or take a couple years

255    36

@LazlowtheDeer: We think we've found the cause of your issue, and a fix is in the works. @mf99k: Unfortunately it looks like you're running the game with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 card, which is below our minimum spec of an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.

255    36

@Treecenubm: Which screen are your dupes invisible on? Could you send us the same things I asked mf99k for above?:

What version of OSX are you running?

What hardware are you running the game on?

The contents of: <Your_home_directory>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log 

mf99k    256
Posted (edited)

@255 the game runs fine on my pc, and that has an intel HD Graphics 4000 card. Wouldn't it in theory not work for either, or is 4000 close enough to function?

secondly, couldn't the 3000 card theoretically work if more graphics settings were implemented asides from the current ones (which I think is mainly UI right now)?

Edited by mf99k

wnuczus    0

On my Mac (Macbook Air 2015 8gb 13') Game works great! I have waited impatiently. Now I can play on my Mac. TCX YOU for the game:)