What could the new, fleshed out backstories be?

It was recently announced that the main cast would be revisited. Along with bringing them some much needed changes, their backstories would be revealed. The only two characters that we really have any info on are Maxwell and Wilson, so I thought I'd try to guess what Klei would bring to the table.

Wilson would most likely be shown as his younger self:

Spoiler

Image result for don't starve young wilson

...And would probably explore how he became obsessed with science in the first place. If he gets revamped, Wilson will probably get this as a skin.

I guess that for Maxwell, they'd show more of the part of his life where he was a down-on-his-luck magician. While the events as to why he ended up the Constant have been long revealed, they might animate it and show more of the characters involved with his backstory.

As for Wickerbottom, they'll probably also introduce her younger self as a skin and how she found out about the forbidden magics. Younger self shown here:

Spoiler

Image result for don't starve young wickerbottom

Feel free to share your theories.

I'd personally like to see:

Spoiler

Wilson - Whether or not he's related to Warbucks. Any extra details is fine.

Willow - Whether or not she was related to the Voxola factory burning down.
That might be too "relevant" to be backstory though.

Wolfgang - Info about his time as a soldier before the circus.

Wendy - Specifics about Abigail's death, or more solid connection to Jack Carter.

WX-78 - Wagstaff info in one way or another.

Wickerbottom - Anything really. I find her one of the more suspicious of the group.

Woodie - Info about a supposed fatal injury, though anything really.
There's that skin concept, and his celestial portal quote that really bug me.

Wes - Anything really.

Maxwell - Some info about the time between the train accident and his re-emergence as Maxwell.
Alternatively, info between coming into the Constant and being placed on the throne. Probably too major for something like this though.

Wigfrid - Anything really.
I personally think she could have been a candidate for the female assistant wanted poster Maxwell put up, but it's anyone's guess.

Webber - Pre-spider info and/or some info on his enigmatic father who seemed to be less farmer and more dapper city scientist.

Winona - Info about how she actually got into the Constant. Not exactly backstory though, so any extra details is fine.
We already know she used to be a miner, worked in the Voxola factory, is Charlie's sister, etc.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wendy - Specifics about Abigail's death, or more solid connection to Jack Carter.

Wickerbottom - Anything really. I find her one of the more suspicious of the group.

Wes - Anything really.

Maxwell - Some info about the time between the train accident and his re-emergence as Maxwell.
Alternatively, info between coming into the Constant and being placed on the throne. Probably too major for something like this though.

I personally think she could have been a candidate for the female assistant wanted poster Maxwell put up, but it's anyone's guess.

Webber - Pre-spider info and/or some info on his enigmatic father who seemed to be less farmer and more dapper city scientist.

Winona - Info about how she actually got into the Constant. Not exactly backstory though, so any extra details is fine.
We already know she used to be a miner, worked in the Voxola factory, is Charlie's sister, etc.

I second that, these will be good to know.

Additionally, I'd also like to learn why Wickerbottom is an insomniac.

About Wes I'd like to learn why Maxwell trapped him in Adventure mode, I ask this because Maxwell's quote when examining him is: "He displeased me.", but I guess this is minor info I ask about him.

Also maybe Winona's time in the Voxola factory?

Some things I would really like to know are;

Who Walter is. (Willow's watermelon examination)

How Lucy is affiliated with Woodie.

Anything about Wickerbottom's late cat. (The amount of times it's mentioned implies that it's important somehow?)

Literally anything about Wes.

How WX-78 is related to any of the survivors at all. Out of all the survivor's he's got some of the most vague backstory hints in the game besides Wes.

37 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

I still subscribe to the theory that it involved moles.  Would explain why she attacks them.

It's just remains of Abigail about her old AI behavior against mobs. 

In the past, she was killing some creatures that was close to her (pigs, birds, chester, gloomer, rabbits, etc.) without provocation or never stopping. 

That was a problem for people playing as Wendy, so, after some time, Klei changed that.

She's still openly aggressive with some mobs like Spider and Slurper (even though you're far from them).

7 hours ago, Mikro said:

Who Walter is. (Willow's watermelon examination)

I think it's a reference to an older cartoon (before 2000 I think) called Walter Mellon. It aired in Europe but I dunno if is was airung in Canada.

23 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wes - Anything really.

Can't wait for the backstories to feature on your channel

Right now with Winona, I'm hoping for more info on how she got to the Constant. Existing quotes indicate that her motivation for doing so was to rescue Charlie, but we don't know the exact circumstances. Also, maybe we'll get her (and Charlie's) last name (they're the same, as neither sister seemed to be married).

Confirmation on how Abigail died, how Wendy got to The Constant, and if they are Carters.  
Maxwell's early magician days, tampering with black magic, the connection to the circus. 
Failed survivor stories? Monsters that Maxwell had to get rid of or disliked? 
Webber's past such as how Maxwell tricked him, if he's related to Wilson or Wallace, sweet or sad childhood tidbits. 
What drove Wilson to such isolation, what scientific breakthrough he was searching for?
Willow's childhood - horror house orphanage, factory child laboror, asylum patient? Why is fire so important to her? 
More on Charlie and Winona before The Constant, and whether it was Charlie or Maxwell that lured her in. 
Wes. Anything on Wes. He's a loving, thoughtful mime. 
Wickerbottom's discovery of magic and eventual contact with Maxwell. 
WX78's creation story.

10 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I want to know who Mr. Witherstone is (whoever the  "Where is the muny????" guy is anyways) and what exactly went down in the circus aside from Maxwell's and Charlie's final acts.

The "where is the muny" guy works for Mr. Witherstone. Not Witherstone himself. Unless they refer to themselves in third person.

I like going off the rails with my theorizing, so I'm going to guess specifically what each backstory will be. Obviously, I'm going to be overwhelmingly wrong, that goes without saying for such a ridiculous level of speculation, but I've got twelve chances to guess anything correctly, perhaps I'll get something for one character! My goal is moreso to amuse myself rather then making safe guesses that are more likely true.

Wilson: He's going to be one of the hardest ones to speculate about since we know the basic backstory, but that means Klei could go off in any direction. I'm going to say that we'll be told about the circumstances leading to him ending up into the cabin in the woods. He buts all his eggs in one science-y basket, loses money and ends up living on the cheap in some woods cabin in the middle of nowhere. I'm going to throw my lot in with the "Winona's Cabin" theory and say that he's renting the cabin from her after Charlie disappeared.

Willow: I'm wouldn't be surprised to find that she was dwelling in an orphanage before burning it down, and started the Voxola fire. That being said, it seems unlikely she just chose some random factory to burn, so that could be elaborated on, but I have nothing ground to stand on there. Instead, let's have some fun and say we'll find out that she's on the run from the law and entered the constant to escape "justice." That seems like it has a pretty good chance of being true, considering her vignette description and all. 

Wolfgang: I expect we'll find out a bit about Wolfgang's time in the circus, but we can be reasonably certain from his vignette description that he was in a military force at some point. Since I'm just making things up here, I'm going to bet that after The Amazing Maxwell disappeared from the circus, the circus financially collapsed and that drove Wolfgang to enlist, after all, the time period lines up with WWI. However, upon finding out about the horrors of war, he made a deal with Maxwell to escape. Honestly, probably not be the worst decision he ever made.

Wendy: My bets are quite thoroughly placed on finding out that she entered the constant to get Abigail back. Another likely topic to be explained is Abigails cause of death, which kind of has this air of "will never be known", but if that's going to change, this is the time. There's really nothing to go off of here, so I'm going to make a hail-mary guess that she died in the San Francisco earthquake despite the fact that's unlikely to play out in my favour.

WX-78: Were it not for the addition of 4 new characters, I'd be placing my bets on conformation for the "WX-78 is what's left over of Wagstaff" theory, but not it feels like Wagstaff is a good candidate for being added to the game, so I'm stuck. If that turns out to be the case, I imagine Wagstaff will be given forbidden knowledge that gets used to make WX-78. 

Wickerbottom: She probably dabbled in magic and that gives her nightmares so she can't sleep, Maxwell brought her the codex after discovering it, a good bet as far as probability to be confirmed, but YAWN, I don't care. I probably should since it would probably be relevant to the grand scheme of things, but somehow I cant muster the caring. Why she entered the constant is a more interesting question, however, it's interesting because it's enigmatic, which also means I have nothing to go off of. Perhaps she was afraid to die and took a deal for "Eternal Life." She seems to be too smart to do something that stupid, but who knows?

Woodie: I can see this going two different ways. one, he had a human wife named Lucy and entered the constant in a deal to get her back, but only got an axe. At least that axe could talk, which is more the Abigail can say. On theother hand, berhaps he was lonely and wished for companionship or true love ore some other crock, only to be given an axe as a companion.

Wes: We know Wes "displeased" Maxwell, but we don't know why. Perhaps he he put an invisible fly in Maxwell's soup, who knows. Wes is pretty devoid of solid ground to stand on. (Perhaps 'cause it's invisible, amirite?) His vignette as a chimneysweep says that "There are few more satisfying feelings in life than knowing one's work is done for the day.", but he's pretty committed to being a mime, even when off the job. For years. So... perhaps the circus forced him to be a clown and that hurt his MIME PRIDE. 

Maxwell: We already have some basic Maxwell backstory, so now we hit the Wilson problem again. I bet we'll learn more about Jack Cartier, Charlie and/or Them by their proximity to Maxwell.

Wigfrid: There really isn't much to go on here, so I'm going to go off on a crazy limb here so I can laugh my head off I turn out to be right. She mentions a few times being in a saga, so I'm going to REALLY stretch this to the point where I'm saying she was offered her own saga in the constant, and that could even be the reason why she was initially in character long enough to lose her identity, if we want to take this stretched theory and stretch it even further.

Webber: Since Britain doesn't have spiders big enough to swallow children[citation needed] I'm going to run on the assumption he was swallowed inside of the constant. I bet we'll get confirmation for the "Wagstaff is Webber's Father" theory, and possibly discover the circumstances of his being swallowed by a spider. Why did he enter the constant? Damned if I know, kids are just stupid sometimes. He may not even have a good reason. Then again, perhaps he does. I suppose I'll make a bet. He and Wagstaff were separated after the Voxola fire and he wanted to get his father back after the Voxola fire

Winona: I bet we'll find out about her family and the aftermath of Charlie's disappearance. Or her family in general. If I'm really committing to the theory of Wilson renting Winona's old Cabin, perhaps he, being absent, caused the cabin to return to Winona, who entered it and activated Maxwell's Door. After all, nobody removed it.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:20 PM, The 2C3D said:

Webber: Since Britain doesn't have spiders big enough to swallow children[citation needed] I'm going to run on the assumption he was swallowed inside of the constant.

Considering how large the spiders are in Don't Starve and how large the spider is that swallowed Webber, I'm going to have to argue that it came from Australia and that he himself is from the land down under.

Archived