What are we expecting from Forge 2.0

So Forge was a great, new, fresh thing that Dst needed (apart from New Reign). Unfortunatelly it became repetitive faster then you can say "Crocommander round 5" which brings me to the 1st point:

-Randomized rounds. Now of course I'm not saying that we should get 5 scorpions on round 3 but you probably get the idea. Something like in the gorge where there kinda was a pattern but not an obvious one. 

-New enemies and items. I'm pretty sure this's already confirmed so… hope they'll be good

-Reworked arena? Maybe adding new pigs in the crowd and have them shout things.

-Pugna's new dialogue. Maybe have him uncover more lore? And give him some idle things to say like "Have no mercy" or something like that. Just don't overdo it so we don't end up with Pugna talking every 5 seconds

-New animations. For example Pugna talking while sitting. Maybe giving enemies more "I'm angry/agroed" animations" 

-New items. 2017 Forge didn't have any weapons that could set enemies on fire which is kinda weird considering Forge being the dimention of fire and lava. Maybe bring back the stone helm that we saw Wolfgang use when Forge was announced

-New curios. I've suggested it before but we need curios that are actually Forge-related and 2017 ones being turned into default curious that you can get when there's no event. That'd expand the list of "unimportant curios" and allow Klei to give us chests in presents instead of a single item.

-New item skins. Pet skins are an order, I mean there's no way we're not getting pet skins. Lantern is still skinless as well as lightning rod, shadow manipulator, dark sword and many other items that are often used by players. 2017 item skins were just a reused forge item art so maybe now we can get item skins that aren't seen in the Forge

-New aniamated trailer.

What do you think about it? What are your suggestions?

I think this will happen, mainly cos they said there will be new enemies in the update page for upcoming events.

Hard Mode - Altered enemies with new abilities and higher stats, for more exciting deaths!

Also, here is the sentence used in the update page relating to 'Reforge'.

Coming later this year, The Forge Returns bigger and better than ever with new items, creatures and community driven goals. You can look forward to more information about the return of The Forge as we get closer to release, but we wanted to let you know that it's coming.  

I just honestly want more diverse weapon loadouts. The Golem Book was going in the right direction, but one item does not equal 5, if you know what I mean. Also some Aura Armors would be cool, like an Aura that gives 5% damage midigation for allies within 25 units of the character wearing it and that kind of crap.

I wan tougher enemies that have some more DEADLY debuffs, Acid was going in the right direction but an enemy that would affect you with something like Anti-Heal that would decrease the healing circles ability to heal you would also be cool. An enemy that also withers the life blossoms would be cool and more threatful. Flowers are kinda op man. Other than that I'd like to see some enemy do the Armor Sunder debuff onto you. Don't get me wrong but with how op the Rocky Mail was and there will be possibly more of those items, there has to be a counter for it. Maybe also make Enemies that are only hitable by a certain class. For example something surrounded in a magical bubble that stops all ranged attacks, but not melee attacks. Things covered in thorns that block melee attacks etc.

7 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

... but maybe adding different abilities that seem more in-line with the characters normal abilities and themes would be awesome. 

Was there really an issue thematically? Would be interested to see you expand on this. They seem to fit pretty well imo.

20 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'd like to see some kind of shop system after every X amount of rounds that lets you upgrade and buy new equipment. I remember many instances of people fighting over items that only drop once.

Yeahhh. I remember playing as wigfrid, and you know know how that one spear(or was it a pike?) drops only when SHE is playing, and she could get a special attack with it every few turns? I still had to keep an eye out for it because others insisted they should use it. Or when folks decided that Willow should NEVER have the fire darts.

A shop could help with all of that :D.

support classes that no one would use

light being a thing - yes, fighting in dark area can be fun and sp00ky

Spoiler

more staves (and books) with combinable effects (hello to magicka)

more aoe stuff like shields, spin to win attacks (i mean from players, though, turtly bois were fun) and poison bombs

stuff under spoiler won't go due to temporarity of games, though, giving every hero different starting weapon would be a fine sollution

just try mod with correct 6 players mode

non of players know corner tacktics. they collect all enemys at the middle and faster die, not use corner and kill one by one

everyone attack own evemy, damn even lvl0 at the beginning of event understand they must all attack only one enemy, then next and next

everyone choose weapond they personally want (wx dps, webber tank) i even was surpriced everyone still know that wicker must be healer and wilson revive

no one listening to advises, i ll say more - they ignore them and continue to do what they want

healer heal only itselves

tank run all over the map, coz turtles chasing him

..... and much much more

damn, problem not at votekick or balance or whatever elce - problem is players. PLAYERS ONLY

Communicating and conveying a message to unexperienced players also requires skill. So does listening to others and convincing them to work together. From what I've seen blame never helped to defeat the Grand Forge Boarrior. Using eloquent and proper English will get you far.

If everything else fails you can copy and paste the lyrics from that Mulan song into the chat and hope for the best.

5 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Communicating and conveying a message to unexperienced players also requires skill. So does listening to others and convincing them to work together. From what I've seen blame never helped to defeat the Grand Forge Boarrior. Using eloquent and proper English will get you far.

If everything else fails you can copy and paste the lyrics from that Mulan song into the chat and hope for the best.

they are all skilled, when i type in chat: drop armor or drop dart, they just say: no, i want it.

so i dont think something will change during event

as usually there will be suffering with randoms (thats why i updated game with great pleasure after forge)

or find a team  and play 1-2 hrs in a week, but with great satisfaction

just see: healer lvl 153 heal empty area and dont care about tanks, also use cooldown all time and dont switch to healing tiara

lvl 80 wilson dont know he must made last shot before boss sleep

yes, voice chat will be usefull, but how random teams made 18 min speedruns?

From what I have read we are going to get:

New items(In the forge and character skins, possible also new skins for armor, weapons and other things)

Creatures(New enemies)

Community driven goals(achievements?)

What I hope we get:

Banners like the one Wilson is holding where we can see the new character skins.

New walls(Forge walls)

New weapons, armor/Skins that wasn't added last time(Spiral Spear, Molten Darts, Forging Hammer,  Resplendent Nox Helm etc)

The arena might change, I would not have a problem if they kept it as it is or changed it.

2 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

yes, voice chat will be usefull, but how random teams made 18 min speedruns?

In order to get a 18 min speedrun you would need to know how to play the forge.

The players in the team had to have played the forge a few times earlier, giving eachother different roles before joining the arena.

Even if one of them have not played the forge earlier you still can give simple roles and tell the person how the game is played.

If someone is putting the enemy to sleep don't attack, attack only 1 at a time and stuff like that and telling what the different enemies does.

3 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

or find a team  and play 1-2 hrs in a week, but with great satisfaction

Yeah, this is what I ended up doing. Try to add the nice people that come along to your friend list and eventually you'll end up with a bunch of players that are reliable. Only playing with "randoms" gets tedious in the long run, I agree, but every now and then a nice player shows up. Hopefully they will try to befriend you.

Archived