What are we expecting from Forge 2.0

Well the vote kick will be abused (but not as much as instant kick from server host) but if some lvl 1 joins a server that has in it's name "Levels 60+ only" and is protected by password (so no "matchamaking trew me here") then they actually deserve to be kicked out

26 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Well the vote kick will be abused (but not as much as instant kick from server host) but if some lvl 1 joins a server that has in it's name "Levels 60+ only" and is protected by password (so no "matchamaking trew me here") then they actually deserve to be kicked out

So much this. If you don't password protect servers you're trying to level gate then that's on you. People are gonna end up joining via quick join otherwise.

On 10/5/2018 at 11:51 AM, Szczuku said:

-Reworked arena? Maybe adding new pigs in the crowd and have them shout things.

This got me thinking of something similar to Paper Mario TTYD where the audience played an important role during combat, helping him or hurting him depending on what he does. It would be awesome of something like that was implemented in the forge where you have to appeal to the crowd by doing certain things. (Would be pretty cool if they could do this in a way similar to TTYD, Like each member in the audience does something different, and you have to appeal to them in different but hidden ways.)

Also I think if you host a server there should be an option to allow auto-fill (people can join from quick match)

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

why not give players the option to make a "level requirement" config? 

lvl 60+ can play with other lvl 60+s while lvl 5s can't join the server and screw everything up with their "the forge is about pressing and holding the f button - even when boarrior is sleeping" mentality.

Add more variation to the actual arena, please.

The original Forge arena was pretty bland, you just had a diamond-shaped area with no alterations, and so the gameplay was pretty limited to regrouping at the middle, and wedging some enemies into the corners.

Imagine barricades which could take a certain number of hits from enemies before destroying, or islands off of the arena only accessible via a special attack, but crumbles away as the player stands on it. 

11 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Pretty sure what they mean that the community will kill high amounts of enemies to add more content to the forge.

I'd assume not just killing enemies. Potentially wins, and other things as well.

This is the one thing I want to see. In the original script Pugna has no reason to let the survivors go, he just kinda does (like, sure, they killed his pet and all, but I'm sure he can just send out 23 boarilas). So, how about simple a line or two of dialog fixing this issue? I even made some example ones myself. Kudos to @Parusoid for the original script.

When players have defeated pigs:

Impressive work, It seems you can handle footsoldiers. How about this gatekeepers? I'll let you go peacefully and forget our differences, If you can beat my arena, as the entertainment has been getting stale of late, and the audience demands more. Of course, you'll need to survive first... Release the battalions!

When the Grand Forge Boarior is released:

Hmph. You may have stood your ground thus far, but I have not yet shown my champion. You didn't really expect me to play fair against gatekeepers did you?

When the Boarior is defeated:

NO! It is impossible! But, sadly a promise is a promise. Leave now, before you destroy the Forges honer ounce and for all!

58 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

This is the one thing I want to see. In the original script Pugna has no reason to let the survivors go, he just kinda does (like, sure, they killed his pet and all, but I'm sure he can just send out 23 boarilas).

I don't think he could. If you notice each of the Boarillas have unique shoulder pads. If there existed a ton of Boarillas it would be vastly inefficient to give them all unique shoulder pads. Foot soldiers? Sure. The Grand Forge Boarrior is a more extreme case. There's only 1 of him, and he's mean to be the best of the best.

Pugna could've wiped us out if he threw everything at us from the start but he was cocky. He very much has a grudge against the ancients/gatekeepers & the throne; he wouldn't willingly let us go. He very much wanted to crush us beyond a reason of a doubt to savor his prideful revenge, and thought he was capable of doing so. It just didn't work out.

Alternatively, Pugna's main aim is to destroy the throne, this we know. After receiving such a devastating blow from six mere "gatekeepers" he might have sustained enough casualties to give up on the operation. After all, we took down his ace, and if he's expecting the entire ancient civilization to still be intact on the other side (as he doesn't seem to realize it's in ruin) how does he plan on taking on all that awaits? It wouldn't be reasonable.

At least that's how I see it. Things might get more complicated if the return of the Forge is canon, but that'd be really weird.

18 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I don't think he could. If you notice each of the Boarillas have unique shoulder pads. If there existed a ton of Boarillas it would be vastly inefficient to give them all unique shoulder pads. Foot soldiers? Sure. The Grand Forge Boarrior is a more extreme case. There's only 1 of him, and he's mean to be the best of the best.

Pugna could've wiped us out if he threw everything at us from the start but he was cocky. He very much has a grudge against the ancients/gatekeepers & the throne; he wouldn't willingly let us go. He very much wanted to crush us beyond a reason of a doubt to savor his prideful revenge, and thought he was capable of doing so. It just didn't work out.

Alternatively, Pugna's main aim is to destroy the throne, this we know. After receiving such a devastating blow from six mere "gatekeepers" he might have sustained enough casualties to give up on the operation. After all, we took down his ace, and if he's expecting the entire ancient civilization to still be intact on the other side (as he doesn't seem to realize it's in ruin) how does he plan on taking on all that awaits? It wouldn't be reasonable.

At least that's how I see it. Things might get more complicated if the return of the Forge is canon, but that'd be really weird.

I honestly never noticed the shoulder pads, but looking it up I do see what you mean. I just always assumed there where more, because he does brag about his gigantic army with years of training. However, the pads could symbol belonging to a battalion, maybe even a whole army.

Honestly, I think that's just game design. But, yes, he does want to torture us.

Personally, as he does talk about his "years of training" and aforementioned gigantic army, it would seem unlikely that he, who has been planning this for so long, would throw everything at some gatekeepers who came through (but we still don't know what those are, so it might be a logical reaction). Even if we took down his champion, it seems unlikely that he would have only one if they had been banished for so long, and he does most likely have uncountable armies of pit pigs and his other minions, seeing as he was preparing for full-out intergateway war with some all powerful civilization. But then again, gatekeepers might just be pawns of the ancients, so letting us through wasn't really a big deal, after all, we where a bit of a **** to him.

However, gatekeepers do seem to be something on the rarer and more important side of the amazing ancient power pyramid (tm), as Mumsy's wording shows with the "by chance" she adds in, as if they where pawns and they had gate in the name I don't know what else she expected to come through (now that I've said that, gatekeepers are going to end up being cannon fodder, I bet on it).  

Thanks for those points though, you brought up some things I've never noticed for myself, and I ended up seeing a couple of quotes that are giving me a full on theory

9 hours ago, Zeklo said:

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Boarilla?file=Boarilla_Idle.gif

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Boarilla?file=Boarilla_Variant_1_Idle.gif

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Boarilla?file=Boarilla_Variant_2_Idle.gif

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

New music.

Ds/t ost are always great but I feel like Forge's was lacking something. Esspecially a different music when Boarior appears

I do like the changing of music in the Gorge which depends of the Hangry meter. I like  if the music will be more intensifying as a new wave of enemies appear or how much of the team are KO'd. I agree the old Forge's music lacks a hot and fighting spirited motive, it's rather a building up and going down march. However the DS universe happens in the 19th, the music style is justified.

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

New music.

Ds/t ost are always great but I feel like Forge's was lacking something. Esspecially a different music when Boarior appears

2 hours ago, axxel said:

I do like the changing of music in the Gorge which depends of the Hangry meter. I like  if the music will be more intensifying as a new wave of enemies appear or how much of the team are KO'd. I agree the old Forge's music lacks a hot and fighting spirited motive, it's rather a building up and going down march. However the DS universe happens in the 19th, the music style is justified.

Dynamic music? Yes please! So few games actually do this, but when they do it just feels so good.

Archived