Question:

Will the levels we reached durring Forge be the same or will they be reseted? Because I assume we'll get chests with skins after leveling-up, and that would be a disadvantage for people with high level

this is actually the first set of character skins i'm not too fond of haha, I actually like the various webber skins, though i will admint some of them (like the Triumphant and Gladiator), look far too similar. 

but everyone has their different likes and dislikes xD and i will agree some of the Verdant skins were lacking. I only bought Wx and Wes ones becuase those were the only 2 of the verdant set i liked. 

But in this set, i don't think i'll buy any of them, simply because none of them really grab my fancy

definitely excited for fridge / cookpot skins though! 

52 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Question:

Will the levels we reached durring Forge be the same or will they be reseted? Because I assume we'll get chests with skins after leveling-up, and that would be a disadvantage for people with high level

Different I assume because this is listed specifically as for the Forge.

image.png.b57ab67e47716407e368899c0e4dfeaf.png

32 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. She seems to have a completely different hairstyle with each skin.

Yeah I didn't get what was meant by that comment either, they actually do have different hair and clothing styles.

She's not going to wear anything too wild, she's one of the more down-to-earth characters. 

So there's low-budget rose and nice rose, which is the same in my eyes – regardless of hairstyle.

59b99d4f394b2_GuestofHonorHead_Winona.pn59b99d4d548ad_RoseateHead_Winona.png.698

Then we have the fauxhawk crew, which isn't anything special from the default skin. Often times the halloween skins are most expensive in the market due to its limited number but this Winona one is cheaper than the nice rose skin. I like the idea, but it pales in comparison to the other designs.

Gladiator_Head_Winona.png.ec14a8f8ee91cbHalloween_Head_Winona.png.80bdeb28b5015a

And these two are interesting and something different. If the previous skins mentioned had this level of variation, I'd be satisfied. She is not the only "down-to-earth" character of the lot, and that shouldn't be used as an excuse for her subpar visuals. Would you call her new skin "wild"? It doesn't have to be flashy, it just has to fit her character. Honestly I expected a lot more from a new character as they could have an interesting addition to the various existing collections but they don't seem like they were given as much thought as the rest.

59b99d4e12706_ShadowHead_Winona.png.289eVerdant_Head_Winona.png.1c17caf2ffbbb56a

Sure this is different, but it's just...not good. It's a missed opportunity to give her cool camo paint or something – I think she'd really rock the look.

59b99d4ea5975_SurvivorHead_Winona.png.ea

All in all, this is merely my humble opinion, as a professional graphic designer with experience in these things. Not saying I am better or could have done a better job, just giving evidence to back up my personal views. But, to each their own, you are entitled to your own opinion.

I have no discipline in the arts, but as someone once involved in construction I'd like to interject that survivor Winona looks exactly how I might in a similar situation: shirtless but with enough sense to keep the carhartts, gloves and boots. Bury me in those.
She's also not the outdoorsy type, so her aesthetic (or lack thereof) leans more towards blue collar slob rather than one with nature. Each of the survivor skins has a story you can tell just by looking at them and that little bit of narrative in their design fits the overall world better than any other skin. Sorry... but I just love the survivor skins so much.

On topic of the event, I think the 19th century AU is silly but the skins look really slick and I cannot get enough of grandad Maxwell and his disgusting soul patch.

1 hour ago, minreaV said:

She's also not the outdoorsy type, so her aesthetic (or lack thereof) leans more towards blue collar slob rather than one with nature. Each of the survivor skins has a story you can tell just by looking at them and that little bit of narrative in their design fits the overall world better than any other skin.

All I really know about her is that she used to work in a factory. Blue collar workers definitely can be outdoorsy. She just strikes me as a quick-witted character, able to fix her way out of any situation – getting some camouflage would be pretty resourceful and fitting to me. Anyway, it was just an off the cuff idea. And if grandpa can look so badass I think she can keep up.

29de2807cd8d0cb7eae6d3c9c512a70f.png

4 hours ago, Karmattack said:

I still wish they'd put in those concept skins eventually, young Wicker looks so cute!

The orphan idea for Willow seems to have been reworked into her Victorian skin. 

Actually a lot of concepts got renovated into these new skins.
Examples:

Spoiler

Victorian Wilson:

5b0f55d391fee_Wilson1.png.14c5ccf5cea9c8953dabf6a435508214.png

Victorian Willow:
5b0f55f7ba5a6_Willow1.png.539b360ddb277870b977f3f362b54e07.png

Victorian Wolfgang:

5b0f5613680db_Wolfgang2.png.584776873d778ec4e02862b0eca01906.png

Victorian Wendy:

5b0f56321ac30_Wendy2.png.509682a7f97d82014d5ea0b2c483fd9e.png

Victorian WX?:

5b0f566be46fb_WX-783.png.55bdd32905f1852474c4139235e58a1c.png (Ok maybe not)

Victorian Wicker: 
N/A (Her only concept was "Young")

Victorian Woodie:

5b0f56b582c6f_Woodie2.png.a594d40505ba5490ad6d31b76568d11e.png

Victorian Wes:
N/A (His only concept was "Harlequin")

Victorian Maxwell:
N/A (Wasn't released in the concept making phase)

Victorian Wigfrid:
N/A (Her only concept was "Samurai")

Victorian Webber:
N/A (His concepts were "Robot", "Frogger", and "Circus")

Victorian Winona:
N/A (Wasn't released in the concept making phase)

We need something more than just youth. Youth will work well for some character, but it would be fun to have older version of other character, like a granny wendy or a old webber. Something when the age are mixed up, rather than just younger version.

10 hours ago, Lumina said:

We need something more than just youth. Youth will work well for some character, but it would be fun to have older version of other character, like a granny wendy or a old webber. Something when the age are mixed up, rather than just younger version.

Well yeah, I assumed those two would get older since they're already young.

i noticed something, the skins we got for the forge seems to be related to well, the forge itself, everyone is dressed like a warrior, and it fits forge so well, but what does all the victorian skins have to do with the gnaw/quagmire event? t

4 minutes ago, ZolaRay said:

i noticed something, the skins we got for the forge seems to be related to well, the forge itself, everyone is dressed like a warrior, and it fits forge so well, but what does all the victorian skins have to do with the gnaw/quagmire event? t

I guess we'll learn that when the event comes out. I can see how the cook set fits into it if it will be about foods and cooking, but the Victorian... I have no idea. Maybe the event will be not only about cooking but about enegance and stye too?

Archived