[Game Update] - 266516

• Developer
  • Fixed an issue where dupes would deliver liquids stored in liquid bottlers even if auto bottling was disabled after loading a save file.
  • Cleanup symbol override warnings in log files
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when entering world seeds in the custom game settings screen.
  • Codex subentry links will drive scrollview to the correct part of the codex entry. 
  • Sandbox Destroy tool deletes POI objects.
  • Dreckos should only attempt to eat plants that have grown to at least 25% of maturity.
  • Dreckos now poop phosphorite.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the sim send messages back to the game.
  • Reduced some of the memory usage of the navigation system.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when ore fell outside the world when using sandbox tools.

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Reduced some of the memory usage of the navigation system.

You might want to look into that. Something is going wrong with navigation now. Critters are just pathing back and forth between 2 adjacent tiles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyMonroe said:

You might want to look into that. Something is going wrong with navigation now. Critters are just pathing back and forth between 2 adjacent tiles.

My hatches and drecks are behaving fine, but my shine bugs are definitely doing that.

3 minutes ago, strideknight said:

My hatches and drecks are behaving fine, but my shine bugs are definitely doing that.

possibly just shine bugs then. I don't have anything else stabled yet.

edit - Pacu are doing it too.

Edited by JonnyMonroe

59 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Sandbox Destroy tool deletes POI objects.

Hallelujah!

Edit: I see I'm not the only one rejoicing over some of the changes this patch brings.

Edited by goboking

2 minutes ago, landromat said:

game crashes instantly with any of my saves. Maybe localization problems? I already send report and save file

my saves load and play for less than a minute before crashing.

I do keep seeing dupes jump between two paths that drives them more and more breathless.  There is a pathing technique where when something makes a path it reduces the cost of that specific route. This will keep it from picking a similar route since it is now more expensive than the one it is on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Dreckos now poop phosphorite.

DAMMIT WHERE'S MY MEEP?!?! FOUND IT!!

5aea23d372f94_Webp.net-resizeimage(10).png.beb0a1fdd3cd0a98a956b9c57b955bc0.png

1 hour ago, blash365 said:

Does the interaction of dreckos and mealwood work for anybody? My plastic drecko chance stays at a constant 2%.

Wait what? You've already got a plastic Drecko...so shouldn't the odds of it making another plastic Drecko be 98%?

Spoiler

If you're referring to a regular Drecko, then it takes time for the odds to increase/decrease

• Like 1

We need a "Shinebug Nest" where we can park shinebugs so they can provide heat free light for bristle blossoms. Maybe have an aerial creature leash you can only use on tamed critters to move them around without having to use the lure?

rancher gets stuck in shinebug room infinitely whistling for the shinebugs. They never come.

Also pufts seem to be behaving the same way, and I worry for their prospects at survival. They all seem like they will starve.

Edited by avc15

19 minutes ago, avc15 said:

rancher gets stuck in shinebug room infinitely whistling for the shinebugs. They never come.

Also pufts seem to be behaving the same way, and I worry for their prospects at survival. They all seem like they will starve.

I'm facing the same bug. My dupes will get stuck in all my different stables.

I'm also afraid that all my flying critters will die. While they still being fed, they are not producing any eggs due to never being groomed. So after this generation bye all pufts.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Wait what? You've already got a plastic Drecko...so shouldn't the odds of it making another plastic Drecko be 98%?

Reveal hidden contents

If you're referring to a regular Drecko, then it takes time for the odds to increase/decrease

I am in cycle ~200 and i still havent gotten any plastic dreckos (been farming 5 dreckos in my stable for at least 100 cycles now). Prior to the drecko change that is.

Its nice that the mealwood is supposed to increase my odds now, but how many cycles does it take for the increase to kick in? Are we talking 1-2 cycles, 10 cycles? 50?

5 minutes ago, blash365 said:

I am in cycle ~200 and i still havent gotten any plastic dreckos (been farming 5 dreckos in my stable for at least 100 cycles now). Prior to the drecko change that is.

Its nice that the mealwood is supposed to increase my odds now, but how many cycles does it take for the increase to kick in? Are we talking 1-2 cycles, 10 cycles? 50?

Well Dreckos do have an extremely long lifespan, which does affect the rate at which they reproduce, 7%/cycle iirc...so I'm not sure, but I'm gonna run some tests. :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 1